Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

We got killed and were so lucky to be in the lead at the end. In the first half we were trying to play the ball through the middle where spurs had overloaded. The space was out wide.

We need leaders on the pitch and in midfield to manage the game much better tactically

Time to go Rodgers!!! Embrassing pathetic and unprofessional!!! I've been going to games for over 20 years and had a season ticket for over 10. But I shall not go to another game until this Fraud, charliton is out of our club!!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Walshy5 said:

Time to go Rodgers!!! Embrassing pathetic and unprofessional!!! I've been going to games for over 20 years and had a season ticket for over 10. But I shall not go to another game until this Fraud, charliton is out of our club!!

Fecking hell, I’d hate to know how you were with Puel

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

He can’t coach a back 3 and needs to stop trying

Who would you have as the 2 central defenders? Choudhury and Soyuncu would be too much of a liability. If Amarty was back then sure, but really his hands were tied cos of Vestegards pace IMO

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

I don’t quite get the bottle job notion given the Cup Final and the recent win v Liverpool. Occasionally there’s something there in this manager and squad. Other times it wilts incredibly. 

I dunno if you dig in and get a result when your back’s against the wall like 1 in every 5 times it’s not exactly a sign of a strong mentality. I don’t think teams that are in a good place mentally lose games they’re winning in injury time or throw away 2 goal leads or find themselves 2 down inside half an hour repeatedly. And that’s just this season, we’ve also got the complete capitulations in the last two seasons. I’m not sure we’ve got enough “winners” in the side but even those we do have - I’d count them as Schmeichel, Vardy and Tielemans - have gone missing in most of those big games, the cup final being an obvious outlier.

Then again the last side we had that seemed to fold with such enthusiasm was the 03/04 team which had plenty of “strong characters” in it so who knows.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Cannot coach his teams to score enough goals if his life depended on it. We'd very quickly get fed up of him. Will never win anything in this country at the highest level. 

Yeah but he has Maupay and Welbeck at his disposal. We have Daka Vardy and Iheanacho 

Edited by Unabomber

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

I dunno if you dig in and get a result when your back’s against the wall like 1 in every 5 times it’s not exactly a sign of a strong mentality. I don’t think teams that are in a good place mentally lose games they’re winning in injury time or throw away 2 goal leads or find themselves 2 down inside half an hour repeatedly. And that’s just this season, we’ve also got the complete capitulations in the last two seasons. I’m not sure we’ve got enough “winners” in the side but even those we do have - I’d count them as Schmeichel, Vardy and Tielemans - have gone missing in most of those big games, the cup final being an obvious outlier.

Then again the last side we had that seemed to fold with such enthusiasm was the 03/04 team which had plenty of “strong characters” in it so who knows.

I think why you can pinpoint on Rodgers is does he have an issue with big personalities? 

That was something which hurt him at Liverpool.

Is he perfect no, but imagine Man City missing Laport, R.Diaz, Stones, Walker, Cancelo and Rodri or Liverpool missing TAA, Robertson, Van dyke, Matip, Gomez and Fabinho 

Thats what he is dealing with, without Evans, Fofana, Amartey, Riccardo, Castange, Wilf and end on top JJ 45 minutes in a year.

Some of the stick he getting is stupid.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2