Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Cannot coach his teams to score enough goals if his life depended on it. We'd very quickly get fed up of him. Will never win anything in this country at the highest level. 

Did alright at Swansea in terms of goals scored, also just had a look his last full season in Sweden and Östersunds scored quite a few. Biggest issue is they haven't realised Maupay isn't actually any good.

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I was firmly told on Friday btw there’s no way he ever leaves unless the club hit the relegation zone or it’s of his own accord. 

Club still perceive the stick they got for Ranieri has not great for reputation. 

I can see that. Don't necessarily agree with it fully but I've always been skeptical about how much the club want to change.

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah but he has Maupay and Welbeck at his disposal. We have Daka Vardy and Iheanacho 

That's on him, why haven't they bought better strikers? Why aren't his midfielders scoring goals as well? They've not got one standout player who knocks in the sort of goals I'd expect a serious team in this league to do. He's too small time. Will never make it at the top, I genuinely get very worked up about the piss and wind that gets blown up his and Brighton's harris. They're not all that. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's on him, why haven't they bought better strikers? Why aren't his midfielders scoring goals as well? They've not got one standout player who knocks in the sort of goals I'd expect a serious team in this league to do. He's too small time. Will never make it at the top, I genuinely get very worked up about the piss and wind that gets blown up his and Brighton's harris. They're not all that. 

We are just gonna have to agree to disagree which is a shame cos I agree with you about most things 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Potter has very little to do with transfers at Brighton. He highlights what he’d like but that’s it. He’s a straight up Head Coach.

Brighton 3-0 leicester maupay hat trick incoming :giggle:

Just now, Unabomber said:

We are just gonna have to agree to disagree which is a shame cos I agree with you about most things 

He cannot coach his teams collectively or individually to score goals, I don't see that changing without him significantly.improving as a coach. He's unusual in his journey as a football coach and manager and some of what he does is pretty good, he organises his team to play a style that looks quite classy and they defend as a unit very well but there's something fundamentally missing going forward that isn't talked about enough. I'd be shocked if any of the big 6 go for him, but then again they're hardly all run that well and logic of qhats needed to be a top 6 side and challenge for higher goes out the window.

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Potter has very little to do with transfers at Brighton. He highlights what he’d like but that’s it. He’s a straight up Head Coach.

Still doesn't change the fact he's not been able to get goals out of any of his players, not any if his attacking and creative midfielders either. Its all a huge struggle and a world away from what we're accustomed to. Honestly, we'd hate him here. 

• Like 1

We lost because we tried to go for the winner in extra time after conceding. I don’t think Rodgers would have wanted Youri to charge through the middle and try to play a Hollywood ball like that.

Just poor mental errors all game.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Still doesn't change the fact he's not been able to get goals out of any of his players, not any if his attacking and creative midfielders either. Its all a huge struggle and a world away from what we're accustomed to. Honestly, we'd hate him here. 

Only at Brighton he seems to have struggled for goals though

Just now, Beechey said:

We lost because we tried to go for the winner in extra time after conceding. I don’t think Rodgers would have wanted Youri to charge through the middle and try to play a Hollywood ball like that.

If we had won, I hope all those that thought we shouldn't have pressed for that winner refused to celebrate it.

Nothing wrong with going for it, just don't make the most horrendous basic mistakes when doing so. The positioning as well behind him was off the scale.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

If we had won, I hope all those that thought we shouldn't have pressed for that winner refused to celebrate it.

Nothing wrong with going for it, just don't make the most horrendous basic mistakes when doing so. The positioning as well behind him was off the scale.

The midfield was wonky all game to be honest. Nothing wrong with attacking, but attacking with no regard for maintaining the point you still have is foolish.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Only at Brighton he seems to have struggled for goals though

Wasn't that impressive at Swansea either. Biggest win that season was 3-0, 65 goals in 46 games isn't elite attacking output. There's a theme there, he'll not make it at the top end of the Prem because even though as a defensive coach he's decent, that's not enough when managing one of the bigger clubs.

We would hate him here quite quickly, would turn nasty.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Absolutely right . I just don’t get the potter love on this board - we were stitched up in the PL fixture early in the season and apart from that we beat them in every competition we’ve played them in since they came into the prem and usually beat them without breaking sweat 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Thought this too. Youri's pass was terrible but where the hell was the defence? 

• Like 1

Wasn't that impressive at Swansea either. Biggest win that season was 3-0, 65 goals in 46 games isn't elite attacking output. There's a theme there, he'll not make it at the top end of the Prem because even though as a defensive coach he's decent, that's not enough when managing one of the bigger clubs.

We would hate him here quite quickly, would turn nasty.

Where does it rank them in the table for goals scored that season? Considering he was on a rebuild job. Of all his seasons in Sweden the only time Östersunds struggled for goals were their first seasons after getting promoted to the second and the first tier which is understandable.

We have a serious mentality problem. Absolutely no resolve at all. Twice in two seasons we’ve thrown away a lead a home to “bottlers” Spurs.

I’ve wanted him gone for a long time.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Beechey said:

If you look at how much space Justin and Albrighton are in either side, it just sums up what stupid pass that was.

The last two goals were due to poor leadership on the pitch than poor management.

However, we got played off the work for most of the game and were very lucky - that was caused by poor tactics from Rodgers. Conte completely out thought him in both halves