Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

43 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's quite simple for me, if he doesn't sort out this diabolical injury problem he has helped create and he doesn't take care of how naive he's been on set pieces for the majority of his time here then all the good he still does, such as ability to get us scoring a lot of goals and still having the majority of his players buy in to his methods will be irrelevant and he'll have to go.

I'd want him gone now if it weren't for the players still being behind him, that's always an indicator of how bad things have got. He's got these next few months to set a tone for his future here. His terrible record in Europe has one more chance of being slightly improved at a drop down in class and I'm fascinated to see how he handles the PL, FA Cup and Europe given we've 3 games in hand and our bread and butter that always takes priority is arguably the least important from a fans point of view. From a financial point of view it will still be the main focus as £2m a place will be more lucrative than winning the Conference League or FA Cup, only would the former lead to extra money next year when back in the EL but ultimately the club will likely still be worrying about getting those PL place money Benjamin's and yet that'll be scant consolation if we see our club be out of the FA Cup before the business end of it and out of the European knockouts before it gets tasty. It'll be a awful season by our recent standards and fan confidence will be very very low.

Look... just tell us what you really think

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, turlo said:

As long as we move the ball forward quickly and don't casually pass it around the back and then panic with risky ball into a cramped midfield that's never on, they should be fine (in a back 4). 

Last night we had no target in the box... so are forced to do tippy tappy to get thru... twice... and only twice.

Further, a few early balls over the top gets the defendes to step back and keeps them guessing 

Edited by foxinsocks

49 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's quite simple for me, if he doesn't sort out this diabolical injury problem he has helped create and he doesn't take care of how naive he's been on set pieces for the majority of his time here then all the good he still does, such as ability to get us scoring a lot of goals and still having the majority of his players buy in to his methods will be irrelevant and he'll have to go.

I'd want him gone now if it weren't for the players still being behind him, that's always an indicator of how bad things have got. He's got these next few months to set a tone for his future here. His terrible record in Europe has one more chance of being slightly improved at a drop down in class and I'm fascinated to see how he handles the PL, FA Cup and Europe given we've 3 games in hand and our bread and butter that always takes priority is arguably the least important from a fans point of view. From a financial point of view it will still be the main focus as £2m a place will be more lucrative than winning the Conference League or FA Cup, only would the former lead to extra money next year when back in the EL but ultimately the club will likely still be worrying about getting those PL place money Benjamin's and yet that'll be scant consolation if we see our club be out of the FA Cup before the business end of it and out of the European knockouts before it gets tasty. It'll be a awful season by our recent standards and fan confidence will be very very low.

hopefully by the time we get to catch up with the games in hand we’ll have the Afcon lads and most injured players back and hopefully we’ll give a good push forward for the rest of the season in all competitions?

5 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Last night we had no target in the box... so are forces to do tippy tappy to get thru... twice... and only twice.

Further, a few early balls over the top gets the defendes to step back and keeps them guessing 

It’s frustrating that we’re always seem to try and walk the ball into the net rather than shoot from outside the box take early chances trying to pass in a crowded box ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

hopefully by the time we get to catch up with the games in hand we’ll have the Afcon lads and most injured players back and hopefully we’ll give a good push forward for the rest of the season in all competitions?

If we are in the unlikely position of getting to the last 16/QF of Conference League and QF for the FA Cup then it's going to look quite daunting where those 3 PL games get fitted in. Will be pinned on us dropping out og 1 or both of the cups.

6 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Play Vestergaard and we concede 2 goals almost like clockwork.

He’s so easy to play against though isn’t he.

He’s crap at passing, buckles under pressure, poor defensive awareness and a simple long ball over the top guarantees him being beat every time.

5 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

He’s so easy to play against though isn’t he.

He’s crap at passing, buckles under pressure, poor defensive awareness and a simple long ball over the top guarantees him being beat every time.

First goal was comical. He's so high and so slow that when the ball goes over the top he just cannot get back. Soyuncu can get back but lunges in like he always does. They are both idiots man.

I've never seen such a tall defender get beaten with ease so often.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FuriousFox46 said:

Many of us, myself included, have been airing concerns about Rodgers’ inability to instil steel in to his side’s mentality but I really don’t think you can blame him for the end of yesterday’s game.

...would you say that his team is a reflection of him!!!

The mindset being the same and the need to go safe and give up the initiative being a noticeable trait.

@Ricey is bang on the money. 

I’ve been saying for a while this team has a soft underbelly that rears it’s head far too often. 

There’s been two exceptions to this and that was Brendan’s first half season here and then the FA cup run… but other than that for two consecutive season we’ve completely self imploded. 

I am concerned that it’s a characteristic thing, it seems that at some point in the season we implode. The issue is, that following these implosions, the form seems to nose dive and we limp to the finish line.

22 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

He has the ability to be an amazing CB but he acts more like Herman Munster rather than an athletic Premier League defender !

I wonder if we can  Take him out of the gameday until Middle of march...and give him some heavy Inhouse Coaching sessions, reasses what strengths he should

posess & use..There have been a lot of WC internationals, who have not been the quickest.

We Need to give him a New Technical approach...Coaches have done this in Cricket,Rugby,Hockey. 

We also Need to Build his confidence, to use his hight and dominante headers, if we accept he wont get quicker, then like Bobby Moore & a few others, 

then improve his position awareness.If he strides forward, he has confidence that a quicker teammate is covering..

Our Danny Simpson of old, was Top at this, Castagna in Form also.

I Dont know why, But I believe there is a decent CB, somewhere in his make up. 

Rodgers if he gets us this season in Top 10-7th,then he deserves a " get out of Jail card"...

We/he have had quite a few mitigating circumstances, these last One & half seasons...

he also gets some ridiculous upto crap critic, bordering  on imature intern Social media Type agendas..

His Mandate was to get us competing for Europe...& nip in with a Chance for some silverware..

Well he has done this, Maybe on a Shakey platform, But since Ranieri/MON/Gillies has gave us some decent return..I

This season has been in performances an howler, But the players he Shielded long enough, After some poor performances.

Be still as to Shoulder quite a few responsibilities, for our misfiring...

This season is not yet dead,But both manager & players have to Step up, Maybe Take examples from Arsenal/Spurs/Wolves Play & spirit..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

"Since the start of last season" lol

People just pick out stats to backup their point. Football is played per season, not per two or three seasons. The division changes each season so it's difficult to draw comparisons.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Don't know if anyone else is signed up to The Guardian's 'Fiver' column (basically an amusing email that goes out at 5pm everyday to subscribers). They have an interesting take on Brendan:

MEET THE NEW SPURS, NOT THE SAME AS THE OLD SPURS

A different referee, less out of puff, might have sent off Steven Bergwijn for shoving Caglar Soyuncu in the chest after play-acting for a penalty towards the end of the match between Leicester and Spurs on Wednesday night. But thankfully – although Foxes fans are permitted to demur – Jon Moss, blowing hard after 93 minutes of non-stop action, had little appetite or energy for digging deep into his pocket for the red card, and merely brandished yellow instead. Cue the most preposterous stoppage-time turnaround since Mario Balotelli teed one up for Agüeroooooooo. If only Martin Tyler had been commentating.

Bergwijn, off the hook, went on to score a 95th-minute equaliser, then 80 seconds later – which is not a lot of time when you factor in relieved celebrations and other associated fannying around before the restart – rounded Kasper Schmeichel, who had already started moaning at possession-shedder Youri Tielemans, and slotted home the winner. A comeback that was nothing short of heroic, although Leicester’s collapse was, how shall we say, a little Spursy. Mind you, there was plenty of BrenDNA in there too, when you consider Liverpool’s 2014 title challenge, Leicester’s attempts to qualify for Big Cup, and everything the Queen’s Celtic achieved under the master toast-and-tea-fuelled tactician in Europe. It’s almost as if a pattern is emerging.

So with the concept of Spursiness having finally been consigned to history, surely to be replaced in the vernacular by Rodgersesque, it was an almost perfect night for Antonio Conte. He maintained his unbeaten Premier League record as Spurs boss, saw his team leapfrog arch-rivals Arsenal in the table, and despite some understandably wild touchline celebrations, his new lid – a centre parting with subtle quiff that replaces that trademark Beatles ’63 fringe – stayed resolutely in place. The Conte revolution continues to gather momentum, then. Failure to build on this astonishing never-say-die result would be, how shall we say, Brendandelic.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Trying to think earlier but when was the last time we scored an injury time winner?

Nacho in the FA Cup vs Brighton and Vardy against Sheffield Utd last year were late. maybe 89th minute rather than injury time