Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

18 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I'd also like to know if the games played at home is equal. Given we've had 2 euro campaigns, further in the FA cup and decent in carabao this year too. 

It specifically says Premier League games.

21 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....not understanding your reply, my response was as a response to having a poor season equating to previously having a successful season!!!

It was in no way a rebuke of Rodgers, just that the suggestion that "..we deserve a poor season", was illogical.

So Liverpool should have sacked Klopp last year?

12 minutes ago, BrianSwan said:

So Liverpool should have sacked Klopp last year?

...I  do not know how you have come to make that comment, from my response to a fellow poster!!!

You may need to go back and read my discussion with him. He has apologised for his take on what I had posted, it is to his credit that he sent me the reply.

Re-read the conversation!!

8 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

He's just being frank and realistic. Don't know why people are getting upset.  

He's not saying that we lack ambition or that we're not going to target top 5 or 6 is he.

This statement could either motivate players or not. 

I agree in principle but he’s bloody foolish saying it

• Like 1

I think Rodgers is completely right. We are living in probably the most successful era in the club's history. Competing in Europe, winning the FA Cup and finishing high in the league...

But he should be savvy and not saying these things. The only reason we haven't played CL football is because we bottled it twice. That's on the team's mentality, which partially has to come down to him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

He's just being frank and realistic. Don't know why people are getting upset.  

He's not saying that we lack ambition or that we're not going to target top 5 or 6 is he.

This statement could either motivate players or not. 

....it is hardly motivational!!!

This is as far as this club can go, what we have achieved so far is not a start but the pinnacle of any success this club will ever see. Where is the ambition, where is it a call to our top players that there is a plan to move to another level and not this is as far as we go.

All this does is remove any pressure on him, and if this is a come and get me message, then so be it.

• Like 1

We have got some real scumbag supporters. Negative, Wokey, just love criticising anything and everything they can about the club, players or management. We’re all entitled to an opinion, but base it on fact and a sensible argument. Don’t jump on the let’s slag off BR band wagon, his record and desire to succeed is evident. 

After 60 years following the City, the current set of so called supporters are the worst in my experience, or at least the key board warriors who infest Toxic Talk. It’s all about them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Since the Srivadhannaprabhas took over the club, expectations and ambitions have been raised and realised. An unlikely title, a maiden FA Cup, two more top 5 finishes, a state of the art training ground and stadium expansion signal that fans should keep dreaming and expecting.

He may well be very right but he really should not be saying that. I really resent the implication that fans of the club expect too much when we’ve been groomed to expect for the best part of a decade.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

We have got some real scumbag supporters. Negative, Wokey, just love criticising anything and everything they can about the club, players or management. We’re all entitled to an opinion, but base it on fact and a sensible argument. Don’t jump on the let’s slag off BR band wagon, his record and desire to succeed is evident. 

After 60 years following the City, the current set of so called supporters are the worst in my experience, or at least the key board warriors who infest Toxic Talk. It’s all about them.

Ah, yes, as opposed to this.