Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I just find it odd this sort of sentiment has come out time and time again, on the surface it looks like we get backed plenty, they invest in the infrastructure and generally give a decent amount to spend in the transfer market if possible, yet Puel and Rodgers both mentioned not being able to compete with others, sometimes you get the feeling most the players aren’t massively ambitious either or at least are quick to make excuses when things don’t work out. You can put it down to mentality but do they just all not feel we’re backed enough? 

I see players and managers at other clubs like Wolves and Villa talking about aiming for Champions League football and they’re further away than we were the last couple seasons, so why can’t our lot have the same attitude?

Had anyone actually got either a recording or the transcript of the actual interview and what he actually said.

Before people pull apart a piece of crap written in a shite newspaper, it’s important to hear what he said and the context he said it in, rather than just a headline which suggests some Scottish bloke may have made these comments.

• Like 3

I think Rodgers Is a good manager but every time he speaks I just think he has self-preservation at the very top of his priorities. He comes across quite arrogant in some of the things he says and I think he honestly believes that we are lucky to have him as manager. 

I think some of the players might get pissed off that every time we win a game pundits Talk about Rodgers like he’s the best manager in the league and it’s all down to him.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Yes said:

I just find it odd this sort of sentiment has come out time and time again, on the surface it looks like we get backed plenty, they invest in the infrastructure and generally give a decent amount to spend in the transfer market if possible, yet Puel and Rodgers both mentioned not being able to compete with others, sometimes you get the feeling most the players aren’t massively ambitious either or at least are quick to make excuses when things don’t work out. You can put it down to mentality but do they just all not feel we’re backed enough? 

I see players and managers at other clubs like Wolves and Villa talking about aiming for Champions League football and they’re further away than we were the last couple seasons, so why can’t our lot have the same attitude?

....we do, it is just that we are taking care of the infrastructure now, and will look to challenge the league in a year or so!!!

With interest rates as it is, it would seem prudent to implement the capital expenditure now and finance it by our league position, with an agreement of something like a 5 year plan to repay the debt.

Rodgers would have known when he joined us, and the situation would not have changed as these things are planned ahead of time. I would suspect the other clubs now looking to emulate us, are a catalyst for Rodgers to attempt to force the club to loosen the purse strings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He'd never had said this a year or more ago. Wish he'd just shut up, refuse interviews or talk about seagulls rather than this dog shit.

Yeah, this. When he speaks now, he annoys me. If he thinks he’s taken us far as he can, great, leave. Let someone else have a go. 

Despite seeing some awful results over the years as a Leicester fan, losing a game with seconds to go from a winning position has to be up there with the worst. So regardless of ambition Brendan, that’s on you. In fact, I could list quite a few embarrassing performances under your management. Bit of a downer given you’re managing over our pinnacle. 

The horseshit he comes out with in interviews to defend his shortcomings make him less likeable. 

The pinnacle was 2016 and so had bugger all to do with Rodgers. It’s worth reminding ourselves what he can draw on as the present manager of Leicester City

- a club with fabulous owners who have invested significantly in the team

- owners who have provided some of the very best training facilities around

- owners who have also given strong financial backing for investment in the squad

- one of the best recruitment teams (at least until recently) that have enabled us to sign up and coming top class players and make big profits for further reinvestment if players are sold

- a good academy that has also provided established first team players that can bring in high transfer fees if sold

- a willingness to pay top whack to the manager in an effort to obtain the best around to mould and drive our progress

Whilst it may be towards the upper end of what we can realistically achieve surely top 5 finishes and a cup is absoutely what we can be realistically aiming for. Comments like that reported in the Mail create a climate underachievement and a willingness to pat yourself on the back for failure. I loved the football we played after Rodgers was appointed but overtime we have become increasingly negative in our play. That’s hardly surprising given the message apparently coming from the manager now.  

• Like 3

Time to start thinking  about replacing him. He has done a good job but it’s going stale. His tactics are shocking and the stuff that he say’s isn’t right to many excuses. I am sure the amount we pay him we could get a suitable replacement.

6 hours ago, BoyJones said:

We have got some real scumbag supporters. Negative, Wokey, just love criticising anything and everything they can about the club, players or management. We’re all entitled to an opinion, but base it on fact and a sensible argument. Don’t jump on the let’s slag off BR band wagon, his record and desire to succeed is evident. 

After 60 years following the City, the current set of so called supporters are the worst in my experience, or at least the key board warriors who infest Toxic Talk. It’s all about them.

lol

Not the ones that booed and jeered MON?

Or the bloke that walked onto the pitch and got embarrassed by Walker?

Its the people that expect our 10 million pounds a season manager to have a somewhat elite and competitive mindset lol

• Like 1

Get him gone. 

The Thai owners didn't buy us and build the training ground for Rodgers to declare the club peaking after 2 league campaigns that ended with implosion and an FA Cup. Never mind the fact that we will the league in 2016 which is obviously far more of a success than anything he's bought to the door. 

Awful attitude to any sports competition, declaring ones team non competitive. I'm so tired of his arrogance. He's done well but he's the one who's peaked. The club need to get someone with quality and ambition in. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

5th probably is about our ceiling though. 

We won the league so there's that. 

Whilst I can just about understand the sentiment from a financial perspective it isn't something the manager should be subscribing to, nor airing publicly, and it just reeks of 'I'm the best ever Leicester manager' despite, y'know, us winning the league. 

Brand Brendan protection in full swing. Why should we bother building a world class training ground? Rodgers has completed Leicester. Why bother with a new stand. He's done the BEST anyone can ever do with us. 

Perhaps, if we're significantly capped, he should move his ethereal talent to a club more suited to it. 

8 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

We won the league so there's that. 

Whilst I can just about understand the sentiment from a financial perspective it isn't something the manager should be subscribing to, nor airing publicly, and it just reeks of 'I'm the best ever Leicester manager' despite, y'know, us winning the league. 

Brand Brendan protection in full swing. Why should we bother building a world class training ground? Rodgers has completed Leicester. Why bother with a new stand. He's done the BEST anyone can ever do with us. 

Perhaps, if we're significantly capped, he should move his ethereal talent to a club more suited to it. 

We did win the league yeah. But that aint happening again, it was a stars aligned season.

Winning a cup and 5th in my eyes is where Leicester can reach in the footballing hierarchy when at max.

• Like 3

No coincidence this rhetoric has come out this week after he’s got a lot of bashing from all corners on socials for being a massive bottler.

Cares more about his image than he does about anything else.

Its too late now Brendan, those bottler allegations are here to stay.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

We did win the league yeah. But that aint happening again, it was a stars aligned season.

Winning a cup and 5th in my eyes is where Leicester can reach in the footballing hierarchy when at max.

But the fact we won indicates that there isn't a cap, unlikely or not. And Rodgers is categorically NOT the man to be writing off success for us. He should be encouraging it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BoyJones said:

We have got some real scumbag supporters. Negative, Wokey, just love criticising anything and everything they can about the club, players or management. We’re all entitled to an opinion, but base it on fact and a sensible argument. Don’t jump on the let’s slag off BR band wagon, his record and desire to succeed is evident. 

After 60 years following the City, the current set of so called supporters are the worst in my experience, or at least the key board warriors who infest Toxic Talk. It’s all about them.

How are people scumbags for having a different opinion and ambitions as a supporter to you?

‘Wokey’. Absolutely cringe. Go back to GBNews boomer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

But the fact we won indicates that there isn't a cap, unlikely or not. And Rodgers is categorically NOT the man to be writing off success for us. He should be encouraging it. 

Managing expectations inside the camp (and outside) is a key part of a managers job, if he is just a cheerleader then we could get anyone to do it.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Fact he gets paid so we'll restricts our budget enormously.

This is an issue really. Could we achieve similar success under a coach on a smaller wage (a wage more akin to those in similar positions to ourselves). 

The glass ceiling can always be broken, unfortunately it’s done over time in the long term, or throwing a ridiculous amount of money at it in the short term.