Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

That in fairness is not on him though. If we are pointing it as an error well that blames likes with Susan and Top.

Hes saying we don't have resources when we've paid him several times over our budget. The two don't add up.

It's either a dig at the owners or an attempt to protect himself. Probably both. It's time for him to go in the summer and see what job he can talk himself into. 

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hes saying we don't have resources when we've paid him several times over our budget. The two don't add up.

It's either a dig at the owners or an attempt to protect himself. Probably both. It's time for him to go in the summer and see what job he can talk himself into. 

He clearly wants out probably wanted to go to Manchester United at the time but the board held firm, trying to get a severance package but maybe the owners have a plan and if we don’t finish well, we won’t pay out a big severance?

There are very few managers who can take a club above their financial limitations.Simeone is the leading example. Sometimes its better to stay with the devil you know otherwise you end up with an churn like Everton. They always think the next bloke is going to elevate them to Liverpool level. That almost certainly won't happen. I don't think we can sustain the City, Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool level but we should definitely aspire to compete at the same level as Arsenal and Spurs.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Managing expectations inside the camp (and outside) is a key part of a managers job, if he is just a cheerleader then we could get anyone to do it.

He's not 'managing expectations' though, he's putting a limit of success to improve the perception of his performance. 

He's been a good manager for us but we know he's an arrogant self promoter. Sadly the results have turned sour and he's looking to blame anything but himself. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Trying to reset expectations it seems

If that’s the mentality he has he can go.

Can’t imagine that motivates the players, especially our best ones who might be thinking about moves, not to mention it won’t impress Top who has made significant investment in infrastructure in recent years and is planning to do so more going forwards. He won’t want a club content to finish 10th.

• Like 4

Rodgers is constantly reminding everyone we are overachieving It is an opportunity to the players to 

fall short .Some of Rodgers tactics, substitutions and purchases have been questionable The fiasco

against Spurs was nothing more than rank bad  standards by certain players

Rodgers is paid to perform whether overachieving that  is a subjective judgement

The owners have invested providing a top quality training facility , they are expanding the stadium,

they are looking for the team and management to back this with performances.

Rodgers continually spouting off does nothing to back this , Brendan pipe down 

and talk about progress rather than putting a safety net under your recent shortcomings 

3 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

If that’s the mentality he has he can go.

Can’t imagine that motivates the players, especially our best ones who might be thinking about moves, not to mention it won’t impress Top who has made significant investment in infrastructure in recent years and is planning to do so more going forwards. He won’t want a club content to finish 10th.

If he doesn't want a club that finishes 10th, then he will have to sell the club.

He doesn't have the financial power, we rely on selling players, you do realise this?

Without selling players - we wouldn't even have this new training ground.

2 minutes ago, George31 said:

If he doesn't want a club that finishes 10th, then he will have to sell the club.

He doesn't have the financial power, we rely on selling players, you do realise this?

Without selling players - we wouldn't even have this new training ground.

Success doesn’t always equate to the amount of money being thrown about. If there is limited money, and it’s used in the right way, we can still be successful. What people define successful as for us will differ due to recent years and that’s fine. But of all clubs we should know that money isn’t always a prerequisite for success, of course it makes it easier, but a lack of money doesn’t mean we should essentially give up and revert to type.

What I really can’t accept is that defeatist attitude from the highest-paid manager in our history. We never heard this when we were doing well did we? He’s covering his own back. 

Honestly believe that at some point in the future people will be reminiscing about the current times (maybe not so much this season). Outside the financially immune top clubs, clubs like us have cycles. Villa, who are bigger than us, came 6th three years on the bounce and reached a cup final under MON. Few years later they ended up in the championship.

not saying that’ll definitely happen to us, but anyone who wants Rodgers gone, be careful what you wish for. Easy to say we won’t do what Villa did, but you never know.

• Like 3

There is a lot of crap being spouted in here …….

but if it makes people feel better then it’s not a problem …..

its a business ……..we would rather it weren’t but it is.  We are making attempts to raise ourselves up the food chain by infrastructure investments….. The board will not concentrate their outlook to the here and now unless we look like we are being dragged into a relegation battle over the current or next campaign. there are mitigating circumstances this season although the early part of last season was remarkable given our absentees - do not under estimate the mental damage done by a second consecutive top 4 capitulation which has clearly had a hang over affect. 

would think that the club will be hell bent in trying to finish this season on the front foot in contrast to the last two and to try and take that momentum into 22/23.  If there is no change over the next few months and the following season looks like this one, both on and off the pitch, then I suspect the board will begin to look at the manager and his techniques 

• Like 1

Few people beat me to it. 

IT'S THE DAILY FVCKING MAIL. Several of you have fallen for their clickbait. 

Some of you even mention that it's the Mail as well and you've still gone for the headline to take forward. 

Wake the fvck up people. 

Edited by StanSP

27 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Read the full article you utter melons. 

People hang on to the negatives and dismiss the positives.

We are going backwards according to some, new training ground, expanding the stadium, two 5th places, FA Cup win, two season in Europe.

Half way through the season with 19 games to go and I see comments about writing off this season. 

Yet we could still finish in the European places and win two competitions.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Honestly believe that at some point in the future people will be reminiscing about the current times (maybe not so much this season). Outside the financially immune top clubs, clubs like us have cycles. Villa, who are bigger than us, came 6th three years on the bounce and reached a cup final under MON. Few years later they ended up in the championship.

not saying that’ll definitely happen to us, but anyone who wants Rodgers gone, be careful what you wish for. Easy to say we won’t do what Villa did, but you never know.

Being careful what you wish for is very true. As is the the fact that teams trough and peak. 

But there is nothing wrong in believing that we’re currently on a knife edge with 

A) the manager

B) players contracts 

C) Quality of recent signings 

I’m very concerned that some of the players are disillusioned now and that’s it’s easier to replace a manager than it is say Youri and Wilf. 

My belief is that in 5 years time we’ll look back on this period (September 2021- Today) and realise it was the moment we’ll regret not getting rid, or regret not keeping him. 

There are arguments for doing both, but given I’ll be amazed if he doesn’t leave on his own accord this summer, I don’t see the point in delaying the inevitable.

That doesn’t make me ungrateful for the past 3 years. Though I do tend to see the two full league seasons as a failure in finishing 4th more than I do thinking it was successful finishing 5th. I don’t care about how how far we’ve come in the last 10 years either. We are dealing with the here and now. Get this wrong and we could one day end back up where we came from.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

I was proper pissed off with him before Christmas and wanted him out but after calming down a bit I can’t see anyone else coming in a doing a better job all things considered. When we’ve need more players he hasn’t really been backed IMO, the last two January windows and probably this one when we’ve needed some more bodies he hasn’t really been given anyone decent, I feel sorry for the bloke he had to contend with Ryan Bennett.

I do think come this summer we’ll have more funds available and I don’t mean just through player sales. Clearly the club has a plan and will have to spend some money which I sure is budgeted for with players running low on contracts etc.