Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 minutes ago, weller54 said:

a massive chunk of luck is more like it!..

We rode the perfect storm in 15/16.

It's highly unlikely anything like that will ever happen again..

But that's ok, just extremely thankful we experienced it.

I will never stop arguing with people who say this.

It was not luck - we were tactically and as a unit far better than all the other teams. We resolved to play to our strengths with a high energy high tempo style that even the top sides, who played slower possession football, struggled to deal with. (Then we inexplicably stopped doing it the following season).

Basically, we did everything Rodgers’ Leicester doesn’t, with an inferior squad.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Winsum said:

Rodgers is not on the same page as the owners

They stated they wanted European football on a regular basis

it can be achieved but it needs very good management and very astute buying

And selling of players

Ajax have used this model for years

We have amazing facilities and the opportunity of developing players

We buy cheap and sell very high , we invest the proceeds wisely

So far under Rodgers we certainly ain’t invested wisely and he appears

to be looking for an avenue to justify his shortcomings

Interesting view.  The article suggests much of this.

We have been spending too much on some players.  Soumare might prove to be expensive.  Perez...  Vestegaard....

Spotting cheap talent is what launched us: Vardy, Morgan, Huth, Schmeichel,  Fuchs, Drinkwater, Kante, Albrighton. 

We have not been picking up cheap talent to develop.  Rodgers is supposed to be about developing players.   On the other hand, players from the academy have emerged.

Perhaps we are in a temporary  slump; perhaps it has go e stale with Rodgers.  He has been successful.   It is hard to see who could replace him.

I feel we are in a bit of inertia currently.   It would be great if we found our mojo again starting today.  But I wonder if we are moving towards a parting by mutual agreement towards the end of the season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

So all the good results are down to Brendan, but the embarrassing shit has nothing to do with him? Are you Brendan?

Actually I think playing in empty stadiums helped this young inexperienced squad a lot.

Just now, StanSP said:

I really think he's nowhere near the Man City job.

Yep but just wanted people to think 🤔 if he did would it be be because of him, unlimited funds, existing players, a combined effort?

Answer yes to any of those and article case closed 

15 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Absolutely and I have no issue with your analysis here. The issue is that some are not reacting well when our shortcomings this year have come from mind-boggling tactical and set up issues. 

Guys, we played a high line v Spurs with Vestegaard. Not only were we carved open until we scored, we continued to do so and were caught out. When you combine that with us taking months to address (not fix) our defensive lapses from corners, fans who have criticism or have lost patience, are not all “reactive”. We have had some embarrassing collapses under Brendan. We could sit here and list them all. 

The point I’m trying to make is some fans don’t want to hear part of what’s in that article a tone which we are getting more and more of this year when there are some glaring issues aside from injuries and Afcon. That tone irks when you can allocate some blame towards coaching, set up and tactical approach. 

I agree completely with you that Brendan has some incredibly positive traits. His ability to coach young players is some of the best I’ve seen. Excellent. But there are also flaws. 

What I’m saying is that there always seems to be a tone on here that if you question or take issue with the management you’re immediately classed as unreasonable, uneducated and unappreciative. It couldn’t be further from the truth. It’s opinion which whether others like it or not holds some truth this year. 

Those fans don’t want to be told that we should appreciate our manager who over saw a 12 second collapse from a near on impossible position - only made possible because of our idiocy. 

So yes, combined with the result on Wednesday and the timing of the article, we are getting reactions. However, pretending large parts of the article doesn’t say what it does is a very confusing argument.

Agree with your points here, nothing I haven't been critical of myself so would be wrong to pretend otherwise.

I think it's the second recent article BR has mentioned the "finances" perhaps a low key dig seeing what others are spending around him?

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t know if that’s true really. Daka and Soumare both fit that, and you’d say they were the two marquee signings in the summer.

The summer business just seems more like it wasn’t that way because we’re all focusing on how bad Vestergaard and Bertrand have been, but the former shouldn’t really have had to have featured as much as he has done. Still a poor signing though. 

And in all fairness Vestergaard was a reactionary buy to a disastrous injury no one could have foreseen (apart from that bugger of a Villarreal player)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

What he’s said in the article is something a manager should say once he’s left the club not half way thru a third season in charge. 

Nah rubbish. He's defending himself and the players. We have had an awful lot of stick this season, some justified but half way up the prem with half the squad injured ain't really too bad on the face of it. We haven't got man city money or money any the top clubs have, and have never ever in our history held down a top 6 place season after season, so he's spot on with what he says. I don't see how some people can realistically ask us to challenge the top 4 this season with our injuries. When and if we get players back who knows. Also when a player becomes top class we will sell them to a bigger fish that will always happen. Tielemans will be this season like Mahrez and Maguire and Kante before him. Just enjoy being in the prem watching mainly entertainment not being near relegation.

Edited by FoxyJim1987
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Agree with your points here, nothing I haven't been critical of myself so would be wrong to pretend otherwise.

I think it's the second recent article BR has mentioned the "finances" perhaps a low key dig seeing what others are spending around him?

Publicly saying ‘we’ve peaked, we’re not going to get that high again’ is not going to get players like Tielemans renewing their contracts 

• Like 2

Psychology/mentality is 90% of football at this level. As I've said all along Rodger's never believed. Even though given the faltering circumstances of the big 6 over at least 2 seasons we were in the best 4 teams and arguably underachieved.

As good as a coach as he is I guarantee in the season we won the league if he was the manager instead of Ranieri we would have finished 5th and it would have been lauded as a great achievement with such a comparably poor squad relative to the big 6.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

What some of you don’t realise is that you’re watching arguably the greatest manager in the modern history of this football club and trying to hound him out or pick at all of his faults. It’s just weird. 

Because it could’ve been so much better?

Being thankful for what we do have and have done is frankly a losers mentality when you’re glossing over the failures.

Fans want the best for the club, not settle for second best and told to be happy at that. 

If we were Watford then it wouldn’t be an issue. We’d accept just surviving would be an achievement. But to throw fourth position away, the Champions League cash and the attraction that brings to potential signings, as well as keeping our best players at the club, to do that, TWICE?
 But we’re supposed to be happy with that cos we were League 1 13 years ago 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Simoken said:

At this rate, BR is becoming a more loyal LCFC fan than those who are wanting his head everytime we lose a game. GET A GRIP you utter clickbaited fools. k thanks

If you get any likes for that, people are using your rant as ironic clickbait .

• Like 1