Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

On 20/01/2022 at 02:14, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

The issue is if we are any less than 3 or 4 goals up with, sometimes literally, 45 minutes to go it's like we go 12 men behind the ball and cling on for dear life. Every team starts getting deeper in the last 10 minutes when they're holding on to a 1 goal lead against a side who are perceived to be bigger than them or are outright better than them. But it's time and time and time again, take off your attackers, stick on defenders, backs to the wall for half an hour to cling on to the 2 goal lead, rather than just carry on doing what got you that 2 goal lead until 80-85 minutes. It's such a negative way to be both tactically and mentally. Yes at the minute with the decimation of the squad you can forgive it but it happens when everyone is fit and we're 2 0 up at home against relegation fodder. Often it works (f.a cup final most notably) but sometimes it doesn't and when it doesn't it looks meek, spineless and tactically inept. We only ever kill teams off when everything absolutely clicks from the off and we put a hatful past teams. We've come from behind and held on as well. He's not a one trick pony manager but he is a 1 trick pony manager when it comes to being 1-2 goals up with 30 minutes to go and I'm getting fed up of knowing with half an hour left against Norwich, being 1-0 up, off comes barnes and on goes vestergaad (random made up example) here we go. What the hell is going on. 

Without following the game today would I be right to think this is almost exactly what happened once again? Getting a bit fed up of it now. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I'm done. I'm fed up of him doing this. It's not the first time he's reactively done what he SHOULD have done in a previous game too late in the next game and fvcked both. 

Should have shut up shop at the end versus spurs. Didn't. Lost. 

So over reacts 20 minutes too early in this game to try and shut up shop. Fvcks it. 

He’s let us down far too often. You’re right. It’s done. It’s so done. 

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino

Conflicted today.

I absolutely hate this matching them up as soon as they change it and then basically just trying to see it out. We can’t do it and it’s grim

On the other hand, I don’t believe it would have been any different had we not. The lack of the counterfactual makes it super easy for armchairers to criticise. We were already struggling before he changed it and by the end we just looked spent. The difference in physicality to the opposition in the last two games has been stark.

I’m not here to defend brendans decision, because clearly it was the wrong one. But he wasn’t trying to set up shop, he was trying to match Brighton’s system.... which was the wrong thing to do as they are effective In it... we are not. 

but he didn’t do it to be defensive... he just wanted man for man 

3 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

It's just realism and actually some fans should listen to him and take heed. We ain't a top 6 team we have over achieved massively since the he took over, and this season with the amount of injuries, half way up ain't bad. Tielemans is not going to sign he would have done by now.

Just bringing this up after the game because I thought it was horseshit even before what I’ve just seen.

If you’re buying Rodgers’ blatant arse covering tactics while watching him self capitulate every game I feel very sorry for you. The comments before the game are unacceptable even with full context. He’s arrogant and not learning and using our ‘club size’ as a reason to blame.

Either we have a fire sale this summer or he goes but this current crop and manager are not a good fit for us. Especially at his pay grade and our facilities.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Conflicted today.

I absolutely hate this matching them up as soon as they change it and then basically just trying to see it out. We can’t do it and it’s grim

On the other hand, I don’t believe it would have been any different had we not. The lack of the counterfactual makes it super easy for armchairers to criticise. We were already struggling before he changed it and by the end we just looked spent. The difference in physicality to the opposition in the last two games has been stark.

Just now, Lambert09 said:

I’m not here to defend brendans decision, because clearly it was the wrong one. But he wasn’t trying to set up shop, he was trying to match Brighton’s system.... which was the wrong thing to do as they are effective In it... we are not. 

but he didn’t do it to be defensive... he just wanted man for man 

Kopfkino is on the money here.

Changing the system cost us the points, no question about that, but our hand is forced with so many injuries and players just coming back.

Let's be honest we are at the point where we just need to get through the season and rebuild / recoup in the summer.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

These post match meltdowns have become a tad predictable and frankly a bit boring. 

Do people not see that this season has been blighted by many things beyond our control? 

Mate he literally put up his fingers and mouthed 3-5-2 on minute 75. What more do you want to see to know his shit tactics are losing us points?

• Like 1