Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's had weeks to prepare for this game, tactically and mentally. He's failed spectacularly. 

And this isn't a freak one off. We're losing this in the same way we've lost all of our games lately, this is a symptom of continual rot not an oddity. 

This. He's had this squad available for, what, 10 days after Ndidi and Iheanacho returned? No hectic schedule, no other distractions. So what is it? Desire? Lack of coaching?

Not at all convinced by an overhaul of this squad that is being promised.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

This. He's had this squad available for, what, 10 days after Ndidi and Iheanacho returned? No hectic schedule, no other distractions. So what is it? Desire? Lack of coaching?

Same thing I thought about the Chelsea game. We have always been good under Rodgers when we’ve had a while to prepare until recently when it appears that the more prep time we have the worse we play.

I think this is it for him if we lose. But the issue is there genuinely aren’t options out there. 

Our defence is is as bad as it’s ever been, whilst strangely our attack is one of the most productive. A blip in form from our attackers and we would be in serious trouble 

3 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Winning this would change nothing. The complete lack of organisation and the fact we've conceded 2 goals in a minute on 2 occasions in the last few games is utterly unacceptable. And they're not freak incidents either. How can this team go from being so good to so bad in the span of months? It's clearly down to how they are being managed.

I wouldn't argue with any of that.

This is part of a larger malaise of Brendan's making, but I'm just talking in terms of a short-term reprieve and to keep alive his delusions of one day managing (someone he considers) an elite club again.

Guest Kopfkino

If there is to be a squad rebuild/big change then I thought he deserved a go at it given what he’s achieved without a net spend of some others but today is encapsulates the man. We’ll just end up with a load namby pamby Bottlejobs clogging up the club for years 

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

This, more than anything, is why he has to be sacked.

One more summer window, and he could destroy this club.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Same thing I thought about the Chelsea game. We have always been good under Rodgers when we’ve had a while to prepare until recently when it appears that the more prep time we have the worse we play.

And he's not a manager who wings it, he's got great attention to detail. 

What is the detail, though?

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

Your absolutely right, great manager's get the best from there current squad, I've got no belief that Brendan has better players that he will bring in

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

Sorry but but Rodgers all day long for me.  Don't know people think might come in and do a better job. Individual performances costing us today. Not a normal season.  Tw0 of our best ever finishes in the top division and an FA Cup win earns the guy huge respect.

26 minutes ago, ttfn said:

The FA Cup Final win is the most incredible outlier over the last two years.

It is not about not being able to compete, it’s the number of occasions that we don’t show up until it’s too late. We are nowhere near the sum of our parts.

Got a bit lucky with the VAR goal at the end as well after bringing Wes on. They'd have gone on to win from there.

The first time we missed out on the CL places, I remember listening to a podcast that stated Rodgers likes a certain profile of player and Leicester could be bullied...too many little Joe Allen's.  I have always wanted Rodgers to stay, but as the weeks progress, my faith has evaporated.

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Top is there today, sack him in the car park and don't let him on the bus

In a way, as painful as it might be, I'm

glad he’s there to watch it. I’m surprised he wasn’t sacked after the Europa league debacle or the spurs home game. Maybe being there will make up his mind once and for all 

15 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think this is it for him if we lose. But the issue is there genuinely aren’t options out there. 

Our defence is is as bad as it’s ever been, whilst strangely our attack is one of the most productive. A blip in form from our attackers and we would be in serious trouble 

I think anyone could do a better job in the short term ( caretaker capacity ) and look to make a permanent appointment in the summer.