Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, ourla said:

He needs the Summer and the first third of next season for me.

He may have made a few errors this season but the injuries, europe, expectations have killed him.

Time for cool/calm heads in the boardroom.

Why waist transfer funds on more of his bad signings?

Brendan - is where the buck stops, if he can’t turn it round as in the last 13 months then inevitably it’s ….

Rodgers out.

if he stays it will compromise the club in so many ways…

finances

player recruitment 

retention.

I think the players are better than this - he’s lost the players.

On the fence now. It feels things have gone very stale.

Obviously in the heat of things, it was very embarassing, and not for the first time this season. BR seems to keep pushing the rhetoric of "the expectations are too high". However, the squad has been improved upon and invested in (I'm not saying it is better, merely, there is more depth), and I don't think anyone could argue that we're not underachieving this season, given the squad we have.

We have had a tonne of injuries. But today was as close to a full strength team as we've probably had all season.

That being said, if Leicester were to get rid of BR, who would be worth bringing in? People say Potter, who might not even want to leave Brighton, and they certainly wouldn't just let him walk free. Also, I don't really see Potter as an upgrade on BR. The only option of managers we are going to attract are going to be either unknown quantities or straight downgrades on BR. I think what's worrying is BR doesn't really sound that interested to continue fighting.

Edited by FoxTrott
  • Like 1

Guest bennytwohats

There’s always a lack of balance in these conversations. I don’t think it’s fair to say we’ve regressed since he’s been here, he improved us significantly first year he was here. At this point though he doesn’t look like he’s the man to dig us out of our current spot. On that basis it’s hard to argue if we do sack him, he’s not been good enough for a considerable amount of time now. For me he had a lot of credit in the bank but we are probably approaching that time where we need to change something.

Its a huge shame though as he almost took us to another level, and even though we fell short we still competed at the top and won the FA cup. Think a lot are letting the recent malaise hide that.

Can’t help but feel we are on for a step backwards from here, with or without Rogers.

If we get rid I don't think the compensation is too much to worry about. My understanding is that they would just stick him on gardening leave for the remainder of his contact, we wouldn't just give him £35 million. He can then choose to either keep getting paid by us but not take a new job for three and a half years or join another club and his contract with us is over. I think it's unlikely he'd want to be out of management for that long. With all that in mind we could offer him something like £5-10 million as a thanks for the good you did but time to call it a day, we cut ties and we can both just move on, it's either that or one of the above.

Edited by RoyalBlueGaz
  • Like 1

We sack Rogers I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Watford eventually. It's to toxic here for him now, results suck but the performance s really are the pits. I can accept losing, even the odd giant killing, but I can't think of one good performance this season bar a capitulation by the team we are playing or a shithouse win. Shame as top 5 finishes and the FA cup would have been his legacy, instead he's lost the faith from a lot of supporters. 

I know it has been said before, but this goes back to the end of last season, some players have lost confidence in Rodgers tactics and ability.  Failing to get CL football for the second season running has clearly had an affect on confidence.  I just don't think he could convince some in the squad that he could take us forward to the next level......wait, didn't he say they weren't capable anyway!  I would be a bit peeved if my boss kept coming out and try and deflect blame from himself!

3 minutes ago, ourla said:

He may have made a few errors this season but the injuries, europe, expectations have killed him.

Europe? It's an absolute privilege for us to play in Europe, not a hindrance! 

Expectation? This is pound for pound the greatest squad in our history, why SHOULDN'T there be expectation? 

It's loser mentality which sounds very familiar to Brendan Rodgers. 

Time to go.

• Like 3

FA Cup holders, against a fellow east Mids club…and in front of our owner…

And yet again we see a team that is so obviously not motivated in the slightest..

this is what worries me more than anything… it’s not a new thing either… has been going on since the middle of last season..

Complete new defence needed , I’m just not so sure BR is the guy to be allowed to make these changes..

• Like 1

He is

9 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

The team Rodgers put out today wasn’t far off full strength, they shouldn’t be getting absolutely schooled by a mid-table championship side. Worrying 

As strong as a side it was it had Nididi and Nacho in who have just come back .. looking back now KDH and Daka should have started.

He does make a lot of errors like this and then the subs etc.. he's a good manager but I think he has took us a far as he can.

He must want sacking or knows something we don't about his next job. Get rid before the rot sets in 

Edited by whoareyaaa

13 minutes ago, ourla said:

Beyond delusional. 

• Like 2

Leaving aside the well trodden set piece and defensive issues - the biggest thing for me with Rodgers is his in game changes. 

Brighton and today were utterly baffling. What sort of shape were we playing second half, did the players know were they were supposed ti be? Lookman wing back? Thomas centre back? He never positively affects the game it’s almost always negative and counter productive. 

we are regressing big time and he’s shown no idea on how to turn it around. Time for a change.

• Like 1

He honestly needs to go. Don't understand why he is still here, he's let the fans down, he let his team down, he's ruined our clubs, he blames everyone but himself, clear he reached his "peak", has no ambition, has no plan b or a. I'll wouldn't even mind if we have to pay 10 mil for him to go back to Scotland and lost the most important thing for us our identity 

17 minutes ago, ourla said:

WOW