Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I’m on the fence. We all know we need a rebuild in the summer, possibly coming out mid season and saying so isn’t the the wisest move, although if the players had anything about them they’d want to show they want to be part of it. 

We do need a refresh but if it’s to happen, Rudkin needs to have more of a say in things again. If that doesn’t happen, I worry a little about the previous of Rodgers and co in previous roles. He’s undoubtedly progressed us in the past few years, and developed some good young talent, but the trends are worrying and no matter what he does to try and rectify things, it’s not happening. 

If we do change, I can only see it being him walking away as I can’t see us paying him off. In that scenario, Potter would be my first pick. What he’s done with that Brighton side is fantastic, and I’d like to see what he could do with some lethal forwards. Whether he’d come is another matter

• Like 1

I’m almost certain he was hoping to get snapped up by Spurs or United after the FA cup win, and it didn’t happen… his change in attitude came after the charity shield, and it’s been a dump ever since. It’s like he doesn’t give a ****, and is almost trying to get the boot… constantly referring to resources and the quality in the team… I think he’s lost the lads, and I’m sure he’s probably lost Top too. 

You simply can’t defend this today. It’s one thing being beaten by a goal. But we were thrashed, they walked off that pitch looking scared, of a championship team……

Blaming the players again.

No wonder they've downed tools.

If he's still in charge for the Liverpool game it will be a worse result than today was.

And I don't mean the actual Football match just him still being in charge will be a much worse result.

Edited by WinslowFox

Amazing how I got slated on here when I said how poor Brendan was last season.

Always seems to take the bandwagon to roll to have the ‘easy opinion’.

I actually think this is when we should remain calm and see it through with him. We ain’t getting relegated, we ain’t doing f all. Give him till next season to build the new players when Youri inevitably leaves and Fofana comes back.

If we start slow next year in that scenario is when we should part ways.

To get rid now would be very pathetic and almost dumb. We stuck by him and so now we have to see it through. I don’t want to be a Watford embarrassment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Kopfkino

Is it any wonder the players don’t take responsibility and own situations when the manager doesn’t do either. 

Give him a copy of Extreme Ownership alongside his P45.

Yep, and it's brutal - good to finally see some honesty. He's come out swinging, and said our lack of physicality isn't good enough. 

At 18:27

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/59989012

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers tells BBC MOTD: "Very (disappointed). The first words are for the supporters, you come into a derby game and looking to win the FA Cup again, the supporters will have expected to see the team play with more authority, aggression and a strong mentality We apologise for that, that was nowhere near the level. We started OK, got into some good areas, misplaced a couple of passes that invites them into the game. To concede the second so early after the first puts us on the back foot. We did not find any rhythm and were really disappointing in the game.

"Today was about mentality, you have to be physical in any game of foot but away in the derby, it is about imposing the physicality and some of our boys just wanted to play football. They didn't want to engage. It was good to have James Justin back and Wilfred Ndidi was up for the physicality. But we were nowhere near the level. We had a lot of the ball but didn't create so much.

"It is a really poor performance, it is about hunger in the team. This team have been together for three years and I see some worrying signs with some of the players. We have to go again, get back in and have a tough game on Thursday (v Liverpool)."

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

There it ****ing is.  

Surely this is a joke post?

You seriously can't have so little pride and self-respect?  

Of course I have pride and self-respect and today was unacceptable. If I made a snap decision though after every shit moment of my life, I wouldn't be in a good place. What's your alternative, let's get rid of Rodgers cos today was awful and we've had a relatively poor season. It wasn't too long ago that people were shitting themselves that he was gonna get poached by Arsenal. Let's please think of the long game, we are in danger of getting a sense of entitlement, it was only a few days ago at work that somebody brought up Richard stearman and how he was a hot prospect. Think where we were and where we are 

A few weeks ago it seemed to be turning- we'd beaten Liverpool with a patched up team and Watford in the Cup with a load of kids involved. We were 20 seconds away from beating Tottenham. Fans in the ground were getting right behind him.

Then we lost, threw away two points against Brighton and now today. Another defeat in midweek and the West Ham game could be very uncomfortable if we go behind.

5 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers tells BBC MOTD: "Very (disappointed). The first words are for the supporters, you come into a derby game and looking to win the FA Cup again, the supporters will have expected to see the team play with more authority, aggression and a strong mentality We apologise for that, that was nowhere near the level. We started OK, got into some good areas, misplaced a couple of passes that invites them into the game. To concede the second so early after the first puts us on the back foot. We did not find any rhythm and were really disappointing in the game.

"Today was about mentality, you have to be physical in any game of foot but away in the derby, it is about imposing the physicality and some of our boys just wanted to play football. They didn't want to engage. It was good to have James Justin back and Wilfred Ndidi was up for the physicality. But we were nowhere near the level. We had a lot of the ball but didn't create so much.

"It is a really poor performance, it is about hunger in the team. This team have been together for three years and I see some worrying signs with some of the players. We have to go again, get back in and have a tough game on Thursday (v Liverpool)."

I read this as only 2 players were up for it and If only 2 players were up for it, surely it suggests the manager failed to manage the situation and he will make 9 changes for the next match

5 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Yep, and it's brutal - good to finally see some honesty. He's come out swinging, and said our lack of physicality isn't good enough. 

To be fair he isn't wrong in what he says but the bigger question Brendan is why were they not up for the fight? They are the holders, playing in a Derby and in front of Top and on prime time television. That should make them up for the fight surely???? 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Yes it is about mentality Brendan and you've instilled a negative mentality into this group. You talk about expectations being too high which leads to complacency and a severe lack of drive and motivation. Please do the honorable thing and resign first thing in the morning 

Guest Kopfkino

Tbh I do admire him throwing the players under the bus, needs to happen more. Doesn’t absolve him, clearly he can’t manage this lot anymore and he’s hiding from responsibility himself but absolutely love calling these ***** out. shame he didn’t give specific names, Tielemans, Barnes, Soyuncu in particular

Guest StevieLynex
4 minutes ago, sdb said:

"So Brendan, what's changed since you signed that multi, multi million pound contract in the winter of 2020?" 

Nice big pay off looming so that he can increase his property portfolio