Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

We have possibly the least aggressive team in the league, how does he expect us to get involved in a tough match?

We spend so long sitting off the opposition it's no wonder he's saying the same crap after each defeat.

This certainly isn’t knee jerk! We have collapsed in so many games under Rogers, you can’t get away with losing to a Championship side so heavily without paying the price. He needs to go immediately even if we have to wait a  few months to get a full time replacement. Letting Rogers loose with more transfer money this summer will be suicide bomber style.

54 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Yep, I'm Rodgers out for the first time.

Big question is when do we change? Summer or now? Do we try to get someone in to give the Conference League a go?

Because right now we're looking at lower mid table and a Randers exit in the conference league.

Think I'm in this position now as well. 

Bitterly disappointed with today and I know I've probably seen it too late, or had too much faith in the players, but he seems to have lost his way with commanding them or getting them to do what he wants. 

There's no resolve any more and they look weak, physically and mentally. 

• Like 2

An embarrassing exit in Europe isn’t the worst thing that could happen. Lots of those relegation teams below us have regrouped during the last few weeks and we still need to find possibly another fifteen points. Right now, I can’t see where the next one is coming from. 

That was like the 5-0 defeat to Palace 4 years ago.

It took a while after for Claude to go but the nature of today could mean Rodgeres gets shown the door a lot sooner.

Top being there to witness it might have had more to it also. Having an idea that it needs changing and looking for an avenue to take matters further.

I’ve seen a few people say it’s about time he threw the players under the bus.

Firstly this is nothing new, almost every time we have a bad result he blames the players, often specific players, and this is particularly the case in the innumerable humiliating defeats we’ve had over the past couple of years.

Secondly, that is not how you run a team. If you run a shop floor you don’t bollock your team in front of the customer, you do it in private (if at all). Same goes for any leadership role - great managers shoulder collective blame and delegate the credit for success to their teams. This is all part of the buck stopping with the manager, in most lines of work (and at LCFC) the manager is the highest-paid employee and is accountable for the actions of their team. Accepting the role is accepting that accountability.

Unfortunately what we see today all over the news is leaders absolutely unwilling to be accountable for their actions, choosing instead to blame their employees or worse still their customers for their failures of leadership and management. Better to tell half-truths and point fingers than either fix, or admit you don’t have the skills to fix, the problems in front of you.

This is not a progressive move from Rodgers, it’s the sign of an ego struggling to maintain a grip on a carefully managed reputation. Working for Rodgers might improve your technical skills but I wouldn’t be able to trust him as far as I could throw him. You’d be thinking that any mistake you made would lead to public humiliation rather than a private dressing down.

Soon as a manager starts outing players like he has done today, it’s end of the line territory. We aren’t in a position where if the players down tools we are safe from relegation and if they don’t give a shit about professional pride let alone the club then we could be staring down the barrel quite quickly. 

• Like 1

Obviously not advocating for him to get the job but I can't remember Pearson ever throwing his players under the bus like Rodgers does every time we get embarrassed? 

No matter how bad we perform its never Rodgers fault :dunno:

First game I've missed for a very very long time, was gutted not to watch it, but after catching updates and seeing the result, it looks like I was rather fortunate to have missed it.

Our defence has been a horror show all season, so while I'm fuming at us losing like this, and to Forest of all people, I'm not hugely surprised it's happened. 

I had thought Amartey was looking our most reliable available centre back lately, but from what I've read it sounds like he has been saving all his mistakes and poor performances for this game, and Soyuncu was having another bad game.

We need something to happen to stop the rot right now, as we have been looking a far cry from our best (especially defensively) for the whole if this season (and if we're honest before that too).

Come on Brendan - it’s always the mentality never the selection, tactics or game management. He’s so quick to own a success and even quicker to disown a failure. That is not leadership, it is egotism and at some point or other players will see through it.

Have always enjoyed the attacking play under Rodgers, but the set pieces at both ends are woeful. 

If we need a clear out - I’m not sure we do - do the owners trust Brendan enough to back him? The recruitment during his tenure has been hit and miss at best.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Think I'm in this position now as well. 

Bitterly disappointed with today and I know I've probably seen it too late, or had too much faith in the players, but he seems to have lost his way with commanding them or getting them to do what he wants. 

There's no resolve any more and they look weak, physically and mentally. 

Genuinely shocked to read this! Welcome to the dark side, Stan. About time.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, EnderbyFox said:

Obviously not advocating for him to get the job but I can't remember Pearson ever throwing his players under the bus like Rodgers does every time we get embarrassed? 

No matter how bad we perform its never Rodgers fault :dunno:

Pearson didn’t have his own brand to protect