Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This month will break him, it's going to turn nasty. He's a little herbert and showing his true colours.

Thanks for the good times Brendan, but you're done here.

It's almost sickly to watch, have you seen his notepad? It's really small but looks rather big compared to his teeny tiny T-Rex arms.

He is done, I want a normal sized manager that doesn't make me queezy watching him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

He apologised to the fans and then proceeded to throw the players under the bus. Took no responsibility himself at all. 

He sounded like a man who has lost both the ‘dressing room’ and the ‘plot’. And by not acknowledging any blame on his part, realises he could soon be losing his job.

• Like 4

They say the manager’s personality is embodied in the team 

Pearson’s teams were gritty

Ranieri’s 15/16 team showed positivity and togetherness 

Puel’s team was pretty dour to watch 

Rodgers - I really can’t categorise . Score lots, concede lots, often lack bottle at critical times and too content with what they are 

Just watched his post match interview, it was pretty scathing towards some players.  Although what he said was correct, he is paid to keep them motivated and the club has to make a big decision.  Do they stick with Rodgers and agree with his assessment, or go for the cheaper option as most clubs do, by getting rid of the manager.  If there are players doing a Man U and forming cliques, then this has been on his watch, so he will have to go anyway.  I suspect Top will canvass the opinion of the old guard and then make a decision. 

• Like 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate
4 minutes ago, Shane said:

Also what on earth was the tactical change at half time about?? Moving Justin to LWB and playing Lookman at RWB? lol Was a classic case of Brendan over thinking things again. 

Exactly. I have not had a clue what he has been trying to achieve this season. He just can't do simple.

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

If Top doesn’t sack him that speaks volumes

He wont

Rodgers has too much power, is too popular with the media and will be too expensive to get rid of

We’re stuck with him unless he walks 

1 minute ago, Le Renard said:

Just watched his post match interview, it was pretty scathing towards some players.  Although what he said was correct, he is paid to keep them motivated and the club has to make a big decision.  Do they stick with Rodgers and agree with his assessment, or go for the cheaper option as most clubs do, by getting rid of the manager.  If there are players doing a Man U and forming cliques, then this has been on his watch, so he will have to go anyway.  I suspect Top will canvass the opinion of the old guard and then make a decision. 

Quite often Rodgers post match assessments after a poor performance are pretty accurate but if you can identify but not fix the problem you’re not much use to anyone 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

They say the manager’s personality is embodied in the team 

Pearson’s teams were gritty

Ranieri’s 15/16 team showed positivity and togetherness 

Puel’s team was pretty dour to watch 

Rodgers - I really can’t categorise . Score lots, concede lots, often lack bottle at critical times and too content with what they are 

This is the Pearson side who were rooted to the bottom of the division for three quarters of the season until he finally thought he needed to bolster the defence by signing Huth?

That said, even that team had more fight in it than this fookin shower

8 minutes ago, Shane said:

Also what on earth was the tactical change at half time about?? Moving Justin to LWB and playing Lookman at RWB? lol Was a classic case of Brendan over thinking things again. 

This. I assumed that Barnes must have been injured as I thought him and Thomas looked quite dangerous down our left in the first half. But, no, it was another tactical "masterclass".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This is the Pearson side who were rooted to the bottom of the division for three quarters of the season until he finally thought he needed to bolster the defence by signing Huth?

Also, compare the quality of players we have now to what Pearson was working with. 

• Like 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

I think Pearson had more than one season at the club so personally I wouldn’t categorise his tenure on 14/15 alone but even in his PL season although IMO he was too risk averse for most of it the team showed bucket loads of grit to execute the great escape and even when losing earlier during that campaign were rarely out of games 

• Like 1