Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

Also, compare the quality of players we have now to what Pearson was working with. 

Yes true. But many make out that Pearson’s tenure in the Premiership was wonderful. 
It wasnt…

Huth made all the difference. Alternatively believe the guff about Cambiasso controlling the changing room..

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This is the Pearson side who were rooted to the bottom of the division for three quarters of the season until he finally thought he needed to bolster the defence by signing Huth?

That said, even that team had more fight in it than this fookin shower

Just more likeable weren't they, Pearsons sides always were

• Like 1

Every team we face in the next month are going to attack from the outset knowing our team lacks both the fight and the passion.  Once again we’re at that crossroads of a cadre of players that need loaning out to lower league clubs to build some metal!

Just now, Col city fan said:

Yes true. But many make out that Pearson’s tenure in the Premiership was wonderful. 
It wasnt…

Huth made all the difference. Alternatively believe the guff about Cambiasso controlling the changing room..

Suppose you have to give him credit for where we ultimately ended up. It could have been the other way round and we could have been top half at Christmas and slipped to 14th come the end of the season and no one would have said a thing with us being newly promoted.

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

With West Ham being to Rodgers what Palace were to Puel and if we do see the usual dross he serves up against West Ham I think he'll go the atmosphere will be awful.

it’ll be another 3 or 4 goal thrashing from west ham. The past 3 times we’ve played them he’s played the same formation and it’s failed… you’d think he’d learn. it’s a game i can’t say i’m looking forward to 

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Just more likeable weren't they, Pearsons sides always were

Completely agree with that. And we only narrowly lost many games. 
I wasn’t a Pearsonite personally (as a bloke I mean) but I’d much rather have him in the trenches at the moment than Rodgers. His teams definitely had more fight 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

It wasnt…

Yeah but who brought Huth in? Pearson! And what a call that was.  A player who Stoke didn't want but who was instrumental in us winning the PL!!

• Like 1

I want Rodgers to say we aren't good enough, but also take responsibility. Those comments do nothing other than alienate players who looks as though they've already gone on the turn. You cant publicly talk about overhauls and player not being good enough, even of it's true, with best part of half a season to go and expect them to perform for you. Is he trying some reverse psychology?

• Like 1

Just now, Bert said:

He’s really not helping himself with some of the comments he’s coming out with. Players have achieved all they can here. If that’s the case and genuine thoughts then stop playing them? 

And play who? Do you honestly think the youth team would do better?

2 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

From Liverpool fans lol

Bollocks from Rodgers. He’s achieved everything he can here. He can’t take any responsibility for this shite we’ve watched all season. His tactics are boring and depressing.

• Like 1

Just now, Bert said:

He’s really not helping himself with some of the comments he’s coming out with. Players have achieved all they can here. If that’s the case and genuine thoughts then stop playing them? 

Yeah wouldn't surprise me if he's lost them by the sounds of it, think people will be surprised at how easy it is for a manager to do. Apparently when Roeder went in at Norwich he tried to assert himself, think it was Hartson who had him elsewhere and when he left the room just told the players that he's putting on an act and he lost the dressing room from day one. Obviously Rodgers has a bit more of a bond with this squad but it doesn't take much and digging players out won't help.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

And play who? Do you honestly think the youth team would do better?

The players that fill the subs spots? Either that or just don’t say it? 

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Yeah but who brought Huth in? Pearson! And what a call that was.  A player who Stoke didn't want but who was instrumental in us winning the PL!!

What Pearson did that season was to ‘finally’ realise where the problem lay. It took a long time but signing Huth was certainly a master-stroke.

It’s a shame Nige hasn’t done well since leaving City. But I definitely think he worked so well with Shaky and Walsh and it was the management team that was successful. 

Just now, Bert said:

The players that fill the subs spots? Either that or just don’t say it? 

Every single player is being slagged off tonight, if Brendan said they were all "wonderful human beings" do you think that would have gone down better?

Criticise the tactics, selection and coaching if you like, but being ridiculous about his assessment of the game, which most people have said themselves, is just looking for something to moan about. 

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah wouldn't surprise me if he's lost them by the sounds of it, think people will be surprised at how easy it is for a manager to do. Apparently when Roeder went in at Norwich he tried to assert himself, think it was Hartson who had him elsewhere and when he left the room just told the players that he's putting on an act and he lost the dressing room from day one. Obviously Rodgers has a bit more of a bond with this squad but it doesn't take much and digging players out won't help.

You don’t just become a bad team overnight. Majority of this squad has finished 5th two seasons running and won the FA Cup. Something is clearly amiss. We have become too easy to play against and have stopped playing in the way what has made us so successful under Rodgers. We seem to be more focused on not losing rather than winning. 

• Like 2