Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Every single player is being slagged off tonight, if Brendan said they were all "wonderful human beings" do you think that would have gone down better?

Criticise the tactics, selection and coaching if you like, but being ridiculous about his assessment of the game, which most people have said themselves, is just looking for something to moan about. 

He didn’t have to add the stuff about them having achieved what they can here ….. he could just have said that it was extremely disappointing that they couldn’t match the aggression; and determination of the opposition. That our mindset wasn’t good enough and he has to accept some responsibility for that as it’s his job to get that right. 

I wouldnt play for him if he was my manager. Absolute work of a man. He dropped the one grafter we have today and then complains about lack of aggression. 

I hope the players roll over and let Liverpool stick 30 past us.

Need that egotistical weirdo away from the club.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bert said:

He’s really not helping himself with some of the comments he’s coming out with. Players have achieved all they can here. If that’s the case and genuine thoughts then stop playing them? 

It’s probably a reason why some players have stopped performing, they’re probably thinking “**** this, he clearly doesn’t rate me”…….

I think sometimes you have to put the club before the manager, his comments could be damaging, and one of the main reasons why so many players are so off the pace. Where do you draw the line? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

What on earth are you on about? He’s openly said that “Some players may have achieved everything they can here, It's something we have to look at." 

If that’s the case, stop playing them, now. Otherwise do not come out and say that. It’s not going to make things any better. These players will get their moves but the club will still be here and regardless of who it is I’d rather have a player here that wants to play and give everything for the team rather than someone who is just playing out the season because they’re stuck here. 

Similar vibe to Boris being on his arse at PMQs the other week

Why is anybody surprised? His high water mark In management was his “second should’ve been first” Liverpool season in which that team conceded 50 goals! His teams simply cannot defend - they play wide open which leaves them constantly vulnerable to the counter. I said we were in danger of being pulled into a relegation fight after the Man City farce. 4-0 down after 25 minutes we could well have been on the end of the all time record PL defeat but City took their feet off the pedal and allowed us back in. But as soon as we got close they stepped iot up again and scored two from crosses almost to order. Many took heart from the so- called fight back but the fact is we concede six and it could have been 12. No team can help but take a downward direction when they are defending that badly. Now Injuries to key defenders but it has been apparent from the early stages of this season  that we would be missing Forfana, Evans and Justin. Frankly the defending has been poor at times with them in it. But without them it wax essential that we created a strong central partnership out of the players  we do have or to sign others to do the same. BR has utterly failed to do that. He’s stuck with Soyuncu despite the players obvious and rapid decline. He’s failed to back and build up Amartey and he’s brought in the virtually unplayable Vestergaard. He has no credible player in the youth ranks ready to step in. 

I very much fear that more heavy defeats will follow…

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What were his comments after the game? 

Rodgers: "We had a really good second half but this is why we are not top players, they can't sustain it. A lot of players have to improve and prove they are worthy of being here. Some players may have achieved everything they can here, It's something we have to look at."

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Has he said anything that the majority on here haven't said?

Because the BBC didn't show any interviews after the match some on here were accusing him of hiding. When he defends the players he's accused of being clueless, when he says they weren't good enough he's "throwing them under a bus. Is there anything he could have said, other than I resign, that wouldn't have received a ridiculous reaction?

Just saying I hold my hands up to that poor performance and the players know their performances weren't up to much either. Guessing there's issues behind the scenes regarding certain players futures, which is fair enough but digging them out to the media is weird. Additionally imagine being a squad player but hearing the manager say it's an issue but I'm still picking them over you. Screams of self presevation.

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Has he said anything that the majority on here haven't said?

Because the BBC didn't show any interviews after the match some on here were accusing him of hiding. When he defends the players he's accused of being clueless, when he says they weren't good enough he's "throwing them under a bus. Is there anything he could have said, other than I resign, that wouldn't have received a ridiculous reaction?

What’s the ridiculous reaction exactly? 

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

Yep, and it's brutal - good to finally see some honesty. He's come out swinging, and said our lack of physicality isn't good enough. 

At 18:27

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/59989012

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers tells BBC MOTD: "Very (disappointed). The first words are for the supporters, you come into a derby game and looking to win the FA Cup again, the supporters will have expected to see the team play with more authority, aggression and a strong mentality We apologise for that, that was nowhere near the level. We started OK, got into some good areas, misplaced a couple of passes that invites them into the game. To concede the second so early after the first puts us on the back foot. We did not find any rhythm and were really disappointing in the game.

"Today was about mentality, you have to be physical in any game of foot but away in the derby, it is about imposing the physicality and some of our boys just wanted to play football. They didn't want to engage. It was good to have James Justin back and Wilfred Ndidi was up for the physicality. But we were nowhere near the level. We had a lot of the ball but didn't create so much.

"It is a really poor performance, it is about hunger in the team. This team have been together for three years and I see some worrying signs with some of the players. We have to go again, get back in and have a tough game on Thursday (v Liverpool)."

I think Brendan is right in some ways but by saying this in public, he's treading a fine line. When a manager loses the dressing room, there's only ever one winner. I didn't think he had until today, and now these comments hint further at unrest. Messy

• Like 1

I'm glad he's dug the players out today as today was just poor. We defended terribly and there was no attacking threat. 4-1 actually flattered us. 

There's a soft underbelly to this team. We need our leaders to stand up and manage the rest through the tricky moments in games, and manage games. Once we're up against it recently, we fold faster than a house of cards. 

36 minutes ago, Corky said:

His regular comments about mentality and aggression don't tally with the style of play he believes in.

We don't set out to be aggressive.

He knows it’s what the fans want to hear.

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Physicality is the major problem. We get pushed around in defense and midfield. Its the way to beat us and the opposition know it. KDH provided some strength when he came on. A whole season of Championship heavy duty challenges has done him a lot of good. Hamza would have relished a battle as well.

Physicality is the issue in the midfield but I don’t think it is at the back

Amartey is a big bloke and Soyuncu is a bull

I think it’s positioning. 
I refer back to Amartey today (yes, yes I know). At times he had not got a clue where he was in relation to the other defenders.

Soyuncu isn’t ‘a bright’ CB. He needs someone to do his thinking for him. Amartey is the last person he’d want to play alongside in that respect I suggest.

Soyuncu needs an intelligent CB to play with so he can do the charging about. 
He just doesn’t have one. Playing those two together will not give us any success

19 minutes ago, Bert said:

What on earth are you on about? He’s openly said that “Some players may have achieved everything they can here, It's something we have to look at." 

If that’s the case, stop playing them, now. Otherwise do not come out and say that. It’s not going to make things any better. These players will get their moves but the club will still be here and regardless of who it is I’d rather have a player here that wants to play and give everything for the team rather than someone who is just playing out the season because they’re stuck here. 

Great timing coming out and saying that 6 days after the transfer window shut as well.

Edited by ttfn

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Physicality is the issue in the midfield but I don’t think it is at the back

Amartey is a big bloke and Soyuncu is a bull

I think it’s positioning. 
I refer back to Amartey today (yes, yes I know). At times he had not got a clue where he was in relation to the other defenders.

Soyuncu isn’t ‘a bright’ CB. He needs someone to do his thinking for him. Amartey is the last person he’d want to play alongside in that respect I suggest.

Soyuncu needs an intelligent CB to play with so he can do the charging about. 
He just doesn’t have one. Playing those two together will not give us any success

Thomas and Justin were also pushed around although I'll cut. JJ some slack as he is not up to speed yet.