Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

Yep, and it's brutal - good to finally see some honesty. He's come out swinging, and said our lack of physicality isn't good enough. 

At 18:27

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/59989012

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers tells BBC MOTD: "Very (disappointed). The first words are for the supporters, you come into a derby game and looking to win the FA Cup again, the supporters will have expected to see the team play with more authority, aggression and a strong mentality We apologise for that, that was nowhere near the level. We started OK, got into some good areas, misplaced a couple of passes that invites them into the game. To concede the second so early after the first puts us on the back foot. We did not find any rhythm and were really disappointing in the game.

"Today was about mentality, you have to be physical in any game of foot but away in the derby, it is about imposing the physicality and some of our boys just wanted to play football. They didn't want to engage. It was good to have James Justin back and Wilfred Ndidi was up for the physicality. But we were nowhere near the level. We had a lot of the ball but didn't create so much.

"It is a really poor performance, it is about hunger in the team. This team have been together for three years and I see some worrying signs with some of the players. We have to go again, get back in and have a tough game on Thursday (v Liverpool)."

At least he's actually saying it how it is. We're bloody lucky to be where we are in the league and even compared to how we played over the whole season, lucky to have 2 5th place finishes to some extent.

He's done good work but these are good players. Injuries or not, we should be doing better. The fact that even in this shocking team displays, there's plenty of players who have decent games which tells you that it's all down to the organisation of the team, which comes from the manager. Also, if he believes the final paragraph then what does that say about his management? Either lost the dressing room or not got the managerial nous to motivate/stretch that. 

Basically says it's time for him to go.

Playing devil's advocate here, but do we just need a change of assistant. Part of the genius of Fergie was that he'd constantly change his assistants so the players had a new voice and new ideas. I also think our side hasn't evolved much since Brendan's first full season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

The biggest **** up he made today was dropping KDH who has been our best player for the last month.
What kind of impression does that give to players trying to break into the team. 

Not the first time he has done it either. He has done this most recently to Kel and Praet

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Rodgers: "We had a really good second half but this is why we are not top players, they can't sustain it. A lot of players have to improve and prove they are worthy of being here. Some players may have achieved everything they can here, It's something we have to look at."

Well, that's not inspiring. 

Has he just sold a few players with that last comment? 

'something we have to look at'? Like what ffs? 

Really not happy with those. 'some players might have achieved everything they can here'. What kind of comment is that?! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Great timing coming out and saying that 6 days after the transfer window shut as well.

I know. But apparently we aren’t allowed to make a big deal out of post match interviews now. So best to not say anything. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Has he said anything that the majority on here haven't said?

Because the BBC didn't show any interviews after the match some on here were accusing him of hiding. When he defends the players he's accused of being clueless, when he says they weren't good enough he's "throwing them under a bus. Is there anything he could have said, other than I resign, that wouldn't have received a ridiculous reaction?

I know what you mean to an extent but he's taken no personal responsibility at all. Yes, call out the players as they fully deserve it, but also front up and acknowledge that you are also to blame. 

17 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Has he said anything that the majority on here haven't said?

Because the BBC didn't show any interviews after the match some on here were accusing him of hiding. When he defends the players he's accused of being clueless, when he says they weren't good enough he's "throwing them under a bus. Is there anything he could have said, other than I resign, that wouldn't have received a ridiculous reaction?

Like Eric Morecambe said. 'I play all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order'.

Rodger's clearly follows Morecambe's philosophy when choosing his players. It's never Captain Numbnuts fault is it? What a silver tongued fraudulent tosser he is 😂🤣.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bert said:

How is it a big deal? If the manager thinks we’ve got players here that have gone as far as they can for us then why are they still playing? Play the players that went to be here and start to try and salvage what’s left of the season. 

Too much internet for you today I think. 

Well if they were say players who play in the defence unit, there is very little scope for change presently. Maybe he has finally accepted some players have done as much as they can here, but they are still sh*te. We cannot play alternatives currently as the rest of the good players are broken.

1 minute ago, Bert said:

How is it a big deal? If the manager thinks we’ve got players here that have gone as far as they can for us then why are they still playing? Play the players that went to be here and start to try and salvage what’s left of the season. 

Too much internet for you today I think. 

No need for the childish insults.

I'm sure Brendan would love to be able to play better players, but unfortunately they're not available to him. It's got to a point where whatever he does is interpreted is a slight against someone, covering his own arse, throwing somebody under a bus, egotism , lack of confidence. It's confirmation bias and frankly it's a bit tedious.

Criticise for so many things, but a post match interview? It's a bit pathetic.

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

We lost today because tielemens went missing again, wilf seems to jog into positions he's unavailable for a pass, madders is coming in too deep to try to start something, we use the flanks far too often and lose possession and our defense is unsettled and useless. 

Tielemens wants out at the end of the season. Cags is useless without Evans. Ndidi was on the beach at African Nations. Thomas can't defend. Look man so inconsistent. It goes on......

6 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I know what you mean to an extent but he's taken no personal responsibility at all. Yes, call out the players as they fully deserve it, but also front up and acknowledge that you are also to blame. 

Pretty sure in the bit of the interview I read he consistently said "we". I'm sure that will be interpreted as an insult to someone. 

7 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

The biggest **** up he made today was dropping KDH who has been our best player for the last month.
What kind of impression does that give to players trying to break into the team. 

He makes many strange decisions like that.

Perez being his favourite then nowhere to be seen (thankfully).

Re-signing Mendy, plays him consistently then doesn't even give him a squad number.

The Praet situation.

Ignoring Iheanacho when he pretty much rescued us last season.

The whole Benkovic farce.

The list goes on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

No need for the childish insults.

I'm sure Brendan would love to be able to play better players, but unfortunately they're not available to him. It's got to a point where whatever he does is interpreted is a slight against someone, covering his own arse, throwing somebody under a bus, egotism , lack of confidence. It's confirmation bias and frankly it's a bit tedious.

Criticise for so many things, but a post match interview? It's a bit pathetic.

You’re completely missing the point. You’ve made a massive deal out of it not me. Brendan is the one that has said it. So all I’ve said is that if that’s case, don’t play them. It’s for me (if an opinion is allowed of course) a no brainer. 

2 minutes ago, StevieH said:

Tielemens wants out at the end of the season. Cags is useless without Evans. Ndidi was on the beach at African Nations. Thomas can't defend. Look man so inconsistent. It goes on......

A little unfair on Thomas and Lookman imo, they did okay, both still very young, let's not forget Liverpool performance 

• Like 1