Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Managers don't get paid off in full, it's usually a years wages. Sometimes even less. It's one of the biggest myths that managers get paid up in full.

Hoping that you’re right - whilst we were desperate to keep him away from arsenal at the time, we surely wouldn’t have given him the bumper weekly wage and guaranteed to pay up his contract if we released him.  Mind you, we’ve made some really duff contract calls over the years …..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Fair play to Brendan I think that’s needed to be said for awhile now. He did look pissed off in his interview and so he should be after that. Needs to get the right reaction now from the players because if he doesn’t he’s going to lose the dressing room if he hasn’t already 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phenom said:

We’ve gotten Rodgers the players he’s wanted. If he thinks he can’t do better than we’re currently doing then he shouldn’t be here. We deserve better.

I do think we haven’t really done the business he would of liked in the past few transfer windows but Covid has obviously played it’s part in that 

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Well, that's not inspiring. 

Has he just sold a few players with that last comment? 

'something we have to look at'? Like what ffs? 

Really not happy with those. 'some players might have achieved everything they can here'. What kind of comment is that?! 

Sounds like words from a manager that can’t take any responsibility for what’s going on. This could backfire on him big time with the players.

• Like 1

As much as I want him out I don’t doubt his comment that some players are coasting as they’ve achieved what they wanted at Leicester. In which case, those ****s can go take a running jump. There isn’t one elite Kante/Mahrez type player in this lot. Not one that comes close. 

It seems our club has been invaded by a fair few cowards. 

Throughout this season, I've tried to remain level headed as I've been a huge fan of what Rodgers has done with the club since he's arrived. 

However, it's these kind of results that see a fanbase turn, including myself.

The one thing I will say is that it was almost our strongest team on the pitch today so the accusations of this being another Newport are slightly off the mark.

Having said that, the buck stops with the manager. The failure to identify and correct basic errors and conceding from the same situations game after game is seriously galling. He's one of the highest paid managers in the Premier League and he's really not showing why that's the case at the moment. Players look disinterested and I can't see this getting any better. Out.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Unfortunately even then it is about £10million and I just can't see us paying that much at the moment

Get the feeling he will be given the rest of the season and then he will be gone unless it dramatically improves between now and then

10m is nothing to us if we think it harms our long term prospects.

Guest Col city fan

You pretty much know a manager’s time is over when he starts throwing his players under the bus. Aka Mourinho.

That was one of the things I liked about Pearson. He never did that, even when we looked relegation bound.

Some of those players today would get nowhere near a Nigel Pearson team. He’d have booted them months ago simply by making their lives a fookin misery.

You either went with Pearson or you got shown the door. 
I’m afraid it looks like many of our lot have stopped playing for Rodgers

Edited by Col city fan

We had two weeks to prepare for a local derby away at a lower league side and we didn’t even get close to them.

It can’t be overstated how catastrophic this result is.

His hubris and our mental fragility have become more and more common in our game over the last 18 months or more.

The trajectory is down and we need to twist.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

It was an awful performance and I have to apologise to the supporters, To come here, the first game between the two sides for a long time, a great atmosphere, in derby games you need authority and you need physicality. Those two were sadly missing from our performance.

I said to the players after that for the first time since I’ve been here I’ve been embarrassed. It was an embarrassing performance. I feel for the supporters and the excitement of coming to here.

We brought the FA Cup into our team meeting today so the players could see what we went through last year to win this competition, to remind them of the day at Wembley and the journey, and what it takes to win a trophy like that.

I was looking to provide that motivation and extra desire to come out here today.

We went away to Stoke, away to Brentford, Brighton, Manchester United, Southampton and then Chelsea, European champions. We come here today and we were really disappointing.

It’s hunger. I said it before about having changes in the squad. It’s a lack of hunger.

Ok, we are missing players but we didn’t have the physicality to press in certain areas of the pitch and then you get destabilised when you make basic errors. Collectively and individually it was not great.

We still have a big part of the season to go. I hope the players can go away and reflect. I’m always very optimistic but we can’t mask over that, that’s a huge worry for me today.

We weren’t stable in our defending and then we get rocked by the second goal. Collectively the basics and fundamentals of the game weren’t there for us.

That's more reasoned to be fair. As opposed to the snippet in the tweet. 

I can't disagree with anything he says above. 

Just now, deep blue said:

I've been waiting for some reference to Hamza.  Our whole team has been sorely lacking in physically and heart for some time.  Forest had to be very physical to give themselves any chance against us. So it was imperative that we fielded a team that had the ability to match them in that respect.  The two most aggressive players in our squad are KDH and Hamza.  Neither started, and Hamza didn't get a look-in.  As they are both local lads (and from locations that have a fair sprinkling of Forest fans), they would have more of a clue than any other players as to the importance of this game to our fans and would have given it their all.

Unbelievable that Rodgers didn't take account of this aspect in his team selection.

Exactly.

I’ve been saying all week that KDH and Choudhury needed to be in that team.

There won’t be a game all season where physicality and fight is more important and the manager gave us the worst possible chance to compete on that front.

My son got a late ticket to the match, he’s bvk home and gone to bed full of beer, he said the best part of the day was the train up to Nottingham and the banter in the pubs before the game. I told him after watching city away for 40+ years that’s generally been my experience as well. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

It was an awful performance and I have to apologise to the supporters, To come here, the first game between the two sides for a long time, a great atmosphere, in derby games you need authority and you need physicality. Those two were sadly missing from our performance.

I said to the players after that for the first time since I’ve been here I’ve been embarrassed. It was an embarrassing performance. I feel for the supporters and the excitement of coming to here.

We brought the FA Cup into our team meeting today so the players could see what we went through last year to win this competition, to remind them of the day at Wembley and the journey, and what it takes to win a trophy like that.

I was looking to provide that motivation and extra desire to come out here today.

We went away to Stoke, away to Brentford, Brighton, Manchester United, Southampton and then Chelsea, European champions. We come here today and we were really disappointing.

It’s hunger. I said it before about having changes in the squad. It’s a lack of hunger.

Ok, we are missing players but we didn’t have the physicality to press in certain areas of the pitch and then you get destabilised when you make basic errors. Collectively and individually it was not great.

We still have a big part of the season to go. I hope the players can go away and reflect. I’m always very optimistic but we can’t mask over that, that’s a huge worry for me today.

We weren’t stable in our defending and then we get rocked by the second goal. Collectively the basics and fundamentals of the game weren’t there for us.

BR wasn't embarrassed by the 4-2 defeat to Newcastle or the 4-1 defeat to Bournemouth or the 4-1 loss to West Ham?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fox1980 said:

I do think we haven’t really done the business he would of liked in the past few transfer windows but Covid has obviously played it’s part in that 

If we haven't done the business he would have liked I see that as a big plus because his historical 'business' isn't up to much. Even at Leicester I give you Perez, Vestergaard and Bertrand. Hardly inspiring stuff. If he doesn't like it, he knows where the door is. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

this season he has constantly talked down the club and the squad, how are the players going to be motivated with a manager doing that?

I agree.  He throws the player ms under the bus to avoid questions about his own performance and decision making. 

All season the team have lacked fight.

The player like hamsa who can mix it are dropped. 

He lacks the moral authority to lead them.

Top needs to cut him loose

• Like 1

I simply don’t know how you couldn’t fire a team up to play without any fight or conviction in a game like today. Suggests to me that things are not rosey in the dressing room. 

I’ve calmed down now, but still think it’s time for change.. thanks for the FA Cup, but he’s clearly said he’s taken us as far as we can go, or is that as far as he can take us?