Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

36 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

As much as I want him out I don’t doubt his comment that some players are coasting as they’ve achieved what they wanted at Leicester. In which case, those ****s can go take a running jump. There isn’t one elite Kante/Mahrez type player in this lot. Not one that comes close. 

It seems our club has been invaded by a fair few cowards. 

I feel he's coasting too though. He has to lead by example and set a standard.  Start demanding more from people and ruffle some feathers

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Brendan 9/2 favourite as next manager to leave his post. Probably worth a punt as 2 big loses to Liverpool and west ham and even the loyalist of owners would pull the trigger 

If Top is at the West Ham game and if it goes how it usually does against them, I can't imagine he'll be impressed by the atmosphere and negativity being expressed towards Rodgers which may start the thought process.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

It's all part of his congnative dissonance...nurse!

I can understand Cognitive dissonance, the vast difference between some of our outstanding performances and our embarrassing performances leave me with it at times, during Rogers 3 years we have witnessed levels between European quality and League 1, he didn't seem quite so smug today so maybe that dissonance is wearing thin.

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Either going to be a genius man management tool to fire them up or horrendously backfire and they double down to prove his comments were correct.

He seems to have decided that he can’t work with 1 or 2 of them after that and he’s probably had an argument with them before these interviews. Be interesting to see who’s dropped next game 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daddylonglegs said:

‘Some players are coming to the end of their chapter….. don’t have the hunger to do the basics well’

A fairly clear message to Soyuncu & Tielemans 

Yes, that's what I took from it. 

And maybe wilf? 

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Going to be a long few months isn't it with him spouting stuff like this

To be fair, im not a fan of Brendan and would prefer him to take some responsibility personally….

But this at least shows he’s not going to stand for these type of performances

• Like 1

I think N’didi is part of the above too. But without a doubt Soyuncu and Tielemans. 

We used to hear a lot about this “senior leadership” group of players. Where are they these days? I think Tielemans was part of it, why aren’t Kasper and Vardy holding him to account? There’s enough characters in that dressing room to have a right old sort out between themselves, I’d give them carte blanche to have a go and get it all out in the open. It can’t get any worse can it so let them all tell each other what they think. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Going to be a long few months isn't it with him spouting stuff like this

Sounds like he’s asking for a reaction from the players. This could go either way though. Fires them up for Liverpool or some of them down tools. Very risky tactic.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dormelcfc said:

More quotes from him here. More shots fired towards the players.

Fascinating comments. The side that started today contains several players he's been waffling on and on about being desperate to get back in Justin, Ndidi and Iheanacho.

So who are the players he's throwing under the bus here? Soyuncu and Amartey definitely. Barnes, hauled at half time. Tielemans? Maddison? Thomas? 

1 minute ago, buzzer_b said:

Sounds like he’s asking for a reaction from the players. This could go either way though. Fires them up for Liverpool or some of them down tools. Very risky tactic.

Look at it the other way and nobody expects us to beat Liverpool again in close succession, especially in this form, so nothing to lose. 

Edited by Manini