Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Tough season all round, probably going to get a lot worse before it gets better. 

fully required though 

What do the comments achieve? All it does is create gossip amongst the fans as to who he means. He's also probably alienating those players further and other members of the squad who are close with those in question. I still haven't heard him hold himself accountable for today.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, daddylonglegs said:

To be fair, im not a fan of Brendan and would prefer him to take some responsibility personally….

But this at least shows he’s not going to stand for these type of performances

Does it? Or is he just shifting the blame to buy himself time? Why has it taken him so long to call them out? We've been dogshit for ages

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Fascinating comments. The side that started today contains several players he's been waffling on and on about being desperate to get back in Justin, Ndidi and Iheanacho.

So who are the players he's throwing under the bus here? Soyuncu and Amartey definitely. Barnes, hauled at half time. Tielemans? Maddison? Thomas? 

We will probably get an idea from his next team selection I would of thought.

2 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

To be fair, im not a fan of Brendan and would prefer him to take some responsibility personally….

But this at least shows he’s not going to stand for these type of performances

Does he need to tell the media? Only one reason you don't keep it in house and that's to preserve his own reputation. If he's that aware of players heads not being in it then don't pick them

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Fascinating comments. The side that started today contains several players he's been waffling on and on about being desperate to get back in Justin, Ndidi and Iheanacho.

So who are the players he's throwing under the bus here? Soyuncu and Amartey definitely. Barnes, hauled at half time. Tielemans? Maddison? Thomas? 

Soyuncu. Tielemans. Barnes.

1 minute ago, Simoken said:

Hes 100% correct. STOP gving someone shit for being open and honest. You complained when he wasnt and you still complain when he is.

Missing the point 

he won’t ever admit he may have got his tactics wrong 

and he is responsible for selecting some players that he now says aren’t putting it all in …… he knows this before today 

getting the player’s mental state right is his job too ….

3 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Sounds like he’s asking for a reaction from the players. This could go either way though. Fires them up for Liverpool or some of them down tools. Very risky tactic.

He clearly thinks they already have, not sure digging players out to the media will make them think twice.

12 minutes ago, dormelcfc said:

More quotes from him here. More shots fired towards the players.

A lot of what he says is right. I'm just not sure he has the authority with the players to get away with saying it?  It's a big call.

He's right about the physicality, but that's been an issue for a couple of years now. Credit to him if he's up for rebuilding the side. I'm not sure how confident I am in him being successful?

3 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Hes 100% correct. STOP gving someone shit for being open and honest. You complained when he wasnt and you still complain when he is.

Absolutely, he's hurting and it's high time he was honest. He's every bit to blame as well though. The interviewer had it right by asking if the end of the chapter was for him as well.

Brendan's comments about some players achieving all they can at the club are the most baffling I've heard from a manager as a Leicester fan. Most of our squad are young players who have already shown that they can step up to this level. He's essentially just told them they're shit and doesn't want them anymore so why should they play for him for the rest of the season?

They may not have the strongest mentality but how can he have the audacity to question them when he's making strange tactical decisions and subs that make no sense. Second half today we needed to get bodies forward and pin them back (which we have the players to do) and he switches to 5 at the back with Lookman at wing back and Thomas in a back 3. I spent the first ten minutes of the half trying to figure it out and it looked like the players were doing the same. How can they improve or be motivated if they're constantly being played out of position and being moved around? We have an excellent squad if it's used properly but just feels like Rodgers is getting desperate and changing things for the sake of it and has been for 2 years.

Just now, Plastik Man said:

A lot of what he says is right. I'm just not sure he has the authority with the players to get away with saying it?  It's a big call.

He's right about the physicality, but that's been an issue for a couple of years now. Credit to him if he's up for rebuilding the side. I'm not sure how confident I am in him being successful?

Can't moan about physicality and leave out probably our two most physical midfielders. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

He clearly thinks they already have, not sure digging players out to the media will make them think twice.

Just very risky. Could make him lose the dressing room completely or could be a master stroke. Time will tell.

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Soyuncu. Tielemans. Barnes.

Think so too. He called out JJ and Wilf as the two putting a shift in. Maybe Amartey and Nacho as well on his shit list. Problem is he’s going to struggle to leave all of them out with the state we are in at the back

Just now, Lako42 said:

Makes me laugh that he's digging out a player who he made captain for a massive game. 

****ing idiot can't really be that short sighted surely. 

I do have to say not quite sure who else that started the match that should've been given the armband instead, none of them really seem like "captain" material either

Not saying I think Youri should've been given it, but I imagine it was Youri because he is part of the leadership group?

lol It doesn't matter if what Brendan is saying about the players is true, it's disingenuous because his main aim is to protect his own reputation. He doesn't care who gets thrown under the bus as long as it isn't himself. I just hope our owners don't fall for his tripe like some of our fans are doing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I hope he's not talking about Barnes because he was actually doing alright today? 

Barnes looks good attacking- but his end product has been poor this season to say the least. Keeps loosing possession and rarely tracked back to help Thomas (who was clearly struggling)

• Like 1