Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

So why would you make him captain and select him over someone like KDH. If this is the case then the Manager is much of the problem as the so called players who want out and continue to be selected 

That’s the strange thing. He’s called out Tielemans after the spurs game, clearly not happy today yet he’s named captain for a game against our rivals. Bizarre 

He's right but that's half the problem. His strange comments and even stranger tactics are the other half.

I can't see this having the effect he's hoping for. I think this will backfire. Ultimately the manager creates the mentality at the club so it's odd to then question the mentality of the players.

I'm a fan of Rodgers but this feels like a situation that he's not going to be able to fix.

Edited by Tielemans63

The end of the chapter comment was very interesting, he did back track on it but I didn't think he meant him actually. I think he wants certain players gone.  He mentions fight and physicality but maybe it's influence on others etc as well.  Something has been off for a while and he is making a very big statement here.  If the "other players" he seemingly wants to keep don't back him then he has lost the dressing room.  Youri is part of the leadership group and he clearly feels let down by him.  I'm really torn. Do I want Brendan to go or is it some of the players causing disruptions? I guess we wanted honesty and passion from Brendan and he certainly is showing some anger and honesty.

Just now, Vestan Pance said:

I'm of the opinion that he saw us as a stepping stone to a bigger job but his plan has so far failed, so we now have a manager that finds himself stuck at Leicester rather than wanting to be at Leicester. I'm not sure where we go from here.

I think this is likely very close to the truth. His demeanour has changed massively. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

So why would you make him captain and select him over someone like KDH. If this is the case then the Manager is much of the problem as the so called players who want out and continue to be selected 

Maybe he made him captain as a last chance to prove himself. Youri failed to deliver. And then that was a parting comment? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vestan Pance said:

I'm of the opinion that he saw us as a stepping stone to a bigger job but his plan has so far failed, so we now have a manager that finds himself stuck at Leicester rather than wanting to be at Leicester. I'm not sure where we go from here.

We move on. 

He becomes the manager of watford

• Haha 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I hope he's not talking about Barnes because he was actually doing alright today? 

Hes dug him out before this season. Not sure they see eye to eye. He said something like he wasn't prepared to do the work in a pre match presser.

Whoever he is chucking his daggers at, the two obvious conclusions to be drawn from this interview are that:

a) there is a rift between him and some (perhaps a lot) of the players

b) the arrogant so and so is never going to acknowledge his own failings

… and, as I have suggested on here before, maybe a) is a consequence of b).

3 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

It's all about what Top thinks, and he was at the game today so must have felt it like we all have

42 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

this season he has constantly talked down the club and the squad, how are the players going to be motivated with a manager doing that?

30 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I feel he's coasting too though. He has to lead by example and set a standard.  Start demanding more from people and ruffle some feathers

Oh I completely agree with both of you. Not giving him a free pass. He’s gone. He should be gone in the morning. However, was just making the point that the players are as weak as the one they call gaffer. Genuinely have about 5 players who I’d be disappointed to see go. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

It’s all guess work. Nobody knows who he’s talking about at this moment in time but I wouldn’t be surprised if Youri was one of them because of his performances this season plus his lack of committing to the club.

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Oh I completely agree with both of you. Not giving him a free pass. He’s gone. He should be gone in the morning. However, was just making the point that the players are as weak as the one they call gaffer. Genuinely have about 5 players who I’d be disappointed to see go. 

I said earlier that he's making me dislike players that I rated highly before. That's not completely fair though as they should have enough personal pride to perform better than they are no matter how incompetent the manager is

His comments are possibly correct but this is not the thing you say in public as a manager.

It lets other clubs know our players are available ( for cut down prices)

Like pep does, feed the media bullshit. The only reasons Rodgers says things like this is to deflect his own shortcomings 

Having players that perform ‘consistently’ in the prem don’t come cheap. Even players like Ronaldo on 500k a week are inconsistent

These comments aren’t in the best interests of Leicester City. They are in the best interest of Brendan Rodgers.

He’s basically a Narcassist, he’s got a portrait of himself in his hallway ffs.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

True. But if you find yourself stuck in a job, sometimes it's difficult, but you just have to quit.

4 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

We'll always be a seen as a stepping stone for the top players and managers unfortunately, because we don't pay the top wages, we don't have the most desirable city, and we don't have the historical reputation, this is why we are where we are 

• Like 2