Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

12 minutes ago, Hales said:

The end of the chapter comment was very interesting, he did back track on it but I didn't think he meant him actually. I think he wants certain players gone.  He mentions fight and physicality but maybe it's influence on others etc as well.  Something has been off for a while and he is making a very big statement here.  If the "other players" he seemingly wants to keep don't back him then he has lost the dressing room.  Youri is part of the leadership group and he clearly feels let down by him.  I'm really torn. Do I want Brendan to go or is it some of the players causing disruptions? I guess we wanted honesty and passion from Brendan and he certainly is showing some anger and honesty.

He definitely wants a proper clear out. Wouldn't surprise me if we lost 5 or 6 players in the summer.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

If Top is at the West Ham game and if it goes how it usually does against them, I can't imagine he'll be impressed by the atmosphere and negativity being expressed towards Rodgers which may start the thought process.

We have more of a chance of getting something against liverpool than west ham. They are built up of our cryptonite. Quick forwards who break the lines well but also a strong physical team that have good set piece delivery and players strong in the air. 

Add in the toxic environment if we concede and it looks very likely his position will become untenable even if top wants him to see it through until the end of the season. 

Guest StevieLynex
6 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

If top is a genuine leader of this club he needs to be speaking to a few senior players tonight and getting a full understanding of what is happening. 

Anyone allowing this to just continue is not leading. 

Step forward Messrs Vardy and Schmeichel

9 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

True. But if you find yourself stuck in a job, sometimes it's difficult, but you just have to quit.

If he quits it's another setback in his ambition to get back to one of the 'big' clubs. The quickest route there is to get us playing well again and climbing the table. Can he do it? I have my doubts personally.

• Like 1

thing with BR at the moment for me, he seems like hes doing all the things that he did before he got the sack at liverpool,

while the players are guilty as well, the book rest with him

not learning from mistakes, blaming players, not himself either and stubbornness

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 1

I might get shot down here for sounding like an old man but I wonder if that lack of hunger coincides with our move to Seagrave.

Yes, it's an amazing facility but I wonder if the players have it too easy now. Okay, they're 60 second videos made for social media but I've seen a few of the 'a day in the life of' videos from Madders, Hamza and KDH etc and it looks way too comfortable. They're obviously not going to film the training sessions but the videos are mostly made up of players doing **** all, getting a massage sitting around in the canteen and just generally having a good time. Hardly conducive to creating that 'hunger'.

There's a moment that sticks out to me in one of Madders videos. He goes into the recovery room and Ademola Lookman is asleep. He's asleep for while before JM shouts and startles him. On one hand, it's just banter and maybe I'm a sad old man, but on the other hand, why the **** is he asleep at work? What sort of a culture is that? Would you get away with that in your job? Would you even have the opportunity?

How can you have hunger if your life's a piece of piss?

• Like 4

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

I might get shot down here for sounding like an old man but I wonder if that lack of hunger coincides with our move to Seagrave.

Yes, it's an amazing facility but I wonder if the players have it too easy now. Okay, they're 60 second videos made for social media but I've seen a few of the 'a day in the life of' videos from Madders, Hamza and KDH etc and it looks way too comfortable. They're obviously not going to film the training sessions but the videos are mostly made up of players doing **** all, getting a massage sitting around in the canteen and just generally having a good time. Hardly conducive to creating that 'hunger'.

There's a moment that sticks out to me in one of Madders videos. He goes into the recovery room and Ademola Lookman is asleep. He's asleep for while before JM shouts and startles him. On one hand, it's just banter and maybe I'm a sad old man, but on the other hand, why the **** is he asleep at work? What sort of a culture is that? Would you get away with that in your job? Would you even have the opportunity?

How can you have hunger if your life's a piece of piss?

For a few years now we've come across as a 'jolly boys club' and I'm sick of it! Yes we want it to be an attractive place for players to come to but I've not seen such a cowardly group of players in a long time. My 6 year old daughter has more emotional maturity than these pricks 

16 minutes ago, Beechey said:

He definitely wants a proper clear out. Wouldn't surprise me if we lost 5 or 6 players in the summer.

The problem is, do you trust him to buy the replacements? His recent signings fill me with little confidence in his ability to rebuild the squad. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Did the fans actually show the players how they felt at the end of the game?

I genuinely think they now need digging out. The softly softly approach has just got us ****ing dicked against a lower league local rival. 

Of those that were left which was not many at all it was in my eyes 80% giving them what for and the rest kind of clapping or pulling out ‘can I have you shirt’ signs.

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I know I'll get a few wise cracks from some posters for this but I feel like the strong foundations that Nigel Pearson and his staff put in place for our club have gradually been chipped away and now we have no real plan or clear ambitions.  The investment into the facilities is great but what are our football related targets? Are we still big into our sports science etc? Everything just feels disjointed and scattergun 

BR has been allowed to rip apart the clubs internal makeup. 

The upper management of the club have dropped a massive bollock.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60282419

Sounds a lot like the end. 

That's the words of a manager that's lost the dressing room blaming his players. 

"Too many players think they are top players but are a long way off," added Rodgers. "Some players may have achieved everything they can here.

"I watch training every day and for some it's everything they could dream of, they've won the FA Cup - that might be it [for them], but it's not for me."

^^this is concerning. like everyone has said on here, he’s clearly only looking out for himself & his reputation 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

If Top is at the West Ham game and if it goes how it usually does against them, I can't imagine he'll be impressed by the atmosphere and negativity being expressed towards Rodgers which may start the thought process.

Only be to two games all season aint he?