Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, ChrisFilter said:

Spicy! Can't see him going before the end of the season, but I'm glad he's showing a bit of steel. 

No manager in the world can survive losing the majority of his players backing. If the senior players all tell Top they're done with him, he's gone. 

I do still think even now that he'll survive the season if that DOESN'T happen. The only way he goes, for me, is if we look like relegation (we won't) or Vards, Madders, Kasper, etc are in revolt. 

Yep, wasnt backed in the January transfer window.... 

Makeshift defence....

Winter break came at wrong time 

afcon....

it was too sunny for us in the 1st half....

then it rained.... 😝

Can hear the excuses from him now 

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Fascinating comments. The side that started today contains several players he's been waffling on and on about being desperate to get back in Justin, Ndidi and Iheanacho.

So who are the players he's throwing under the bus here? Soyuncu and Amartey definitely. Barnes, hauled at half time. Tielemans? Maddison? Thomas? 

Wouldn't say Amartey, Maddison or Thomas qualify as 'not hungry', today or this season. Or are we supposed to read 'not hungry' as meaning other things? I can see 'end of a chapter' applying to Dan, but Rodgers seems genuinely pissed off, and, whatever his limitations, any anger aimed him would feel misdirected given the effort (and the decent performances) he's put in. 

Watching Soyuncu in the last year has been something of an  'Oliver Reed on a late night chat show' experience, but I wonder if handing Youri the armband and getting that performance in response has really got to Rodgers

Rodgers has pressed the nuclear button today, it's essentially sh*t or bust time now.

He's called out the players and now he has to see how they react.

If there isn't a positive reaction in the next couple of games, then I fear his time is up at the club. 

Soyuncu, Barnes (yes, he was OK from an attacking perspective but doesn't work hard enough defensively, and teams are exposing Thomas as a result), and as much as it pains me to say, Youri just isn't playing to his capability and looks disinterested. Less of an attitude issue with Amartey but quality. 

Players like Albrighton, KDH, Mendy and Choudhury need to be more involved as you know they'll give you 100pc guaranteed. Maddison and Ihenacho are the only starters who come out with any credit after today's game. 

The club have caused some of the issues by letting so many players get so close to one year off their contract expiring, which creates further instability.

I'm actually not too gutted about the result and performance. We've had so many knocks this season and this feels like another in the teeth. And glad there's finally a proper escalation of the situation and the next couple of weeks could be huge as feels like we're reaching an end point with this within the month - likely there is a either a positive reaction or we have to change manager. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

He'll get the boot and then he'll be in the media giving it the 'people at the club didn't match my ambitions' bollocks. The moment he started to play down the club and reduce expectations was the beginning of the end imo. How can you be motivated by somebody who doesn't push you to achieve beyond yourself 

As I’ve said from the very beginning, BR is fundamentally about self-promotion more than anything.  When it’s going well he’ll try to leverage it (for more money or a better job), when it’s not he’ll do anything to deflect responsibility from himself.  There’s no coming back from this death spiral we’re in with him - it’s just a question of how long Top lets it go on.

Edited by Deeg67

6 minutes ago, Chloe_77 said:

"Too many players think they are top players but are a long way off," added Rodgers. "Some players may have achieved everything they can here.

"I watch training every day and for some it's everything they could dream of, they've won the FA Cup - that might be it [for them], but it's not for me."

^^this is concerning. like everyone has said on here, he’s clearly only looking out for himself & his reputation 

Bout time he said something like this although it does seem like a farewell jab.

As said before I think top just doesn't want to/can't pay him offlol

26 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I might get shot down here for sounding like an old man but I wonder if that lack of hunger coincides with our move to Seagrave.

Yes, it's an amazing facility but I wonder if the players have it too easy now. Okay, they're 60 second videos made for social media but I've seen a few of the 'a day in the life of' videos from Madders, Hamza and KDH etc and it looks way too comfortable. They're obviously not going to film the training sessions but the videos are mostly made up of players doing **** all, getting a massage sitting around in the canteen and just generally having a good time. Hardly conducive to creating that 'hunger'.

There's a moment that sticks out to me in one of Madders videos. He goes into the recovery room and Ademola Lookman is asleep. He's asleep for while before JM shouts and startles him. On one hand, it's just banter and maybe I'm a sad old man, but on the other hand, why the **** is he asleep at work? What sort of a culture is that? Would you get away with that in your job? Would you even have the opportunity?

How can you have hunger if your life's a piece of piss?

It's too easy a reason, the same as when players get paid a load that they supposedly no longer care. The truth is, if they want to reach the top, they're going to get facilities like this and be expected to have an elite mentality. Some of these players want out as they think they're capable of a bigger club, so why would these facilities be the problem?

• Like 1

Just now, Royston. said:

Bout time he said something like this although it does seem like a farewell jab.

As said before I think top just doesn't want to/can't pay him offlol

He’s never scared of making big decisions but even he might baulk at missing out on someone paying £15m compo for him lol also I assume his pay off wouldn’t be too much less than that 

Just now, Deeg67 said:

As I’ve said from the very beginning, BR is fundamentally about self-promotion more than anything.  When it’s going well he’ll try to leverage it (for more money or a better job), when it’s not he’ll do anything to deflect responsibility from himself.  There’s no coming back from this death spiral we’re in with him- it’s just a question of how long Top let it go on.

The worry is I don't feel like Top has the same ruthlessness as his dad. Vichai was the one to make the tough calls before and maybe Top just doesn't have that level or experience to make the big calls. Suppose we just wait and see

I like what he is saying because a lot of it is true.

But it's his job to motivate theses players and he has not been doing that.

By criticising them he is looking for them to answer him back on the pitch, for them to go out there and prove him wrong.

This could be risky though because they could just turn on him and then it's game over.

Hopefully if this happens Top steps in a ends BR's time here.

Just now, foxfanazer said:

The worry is I don't feel like Top has the same ruthlessness as his dad. Vichai was the one to make the tough calls before and maybe Top just doesn't have that level or experience to make the big calls. Suppose we just wait and see

Top tried to sack Pearson didn't he and it was Vichai who had to pull rank? I reckon Top's way more hot headed.

Just now, Vindaloo FOX said:

I like what he is saying because a lot of it is true.

But it's his job to motivate theses players and he has not been doing that.

By criticising them he is looking for them to answer him back on the pitch, for them to go out there and prove him wrong.

This could be risky though because they could just turn on him and then it's game over.

Hopefully if this happens Top steps in a ends BR's time here.

If this is the case then it should've been done ages ago! Why now? Oh because you're finally being put under the microscope Brendan so it's time to deflect!

55 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

That’s the strange thing. He’s called out Tielemans after the spurs game, clearly not happy today yet he’s named captain for a game against our rivals. Bizarre 

Strange chronology going on here...

And it's not bizarre (or that unusual) to see if some extra responsibility gives a player a push to put more of a shift in

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Top tried to sack Pearson didn't he and it was Vichai who had to pull rank? I reckon Top's way more hot headed.

I think it was the other way round IIRC.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

If top is a genuine leader of this club he needs to be speaking to a few senior players tonight and getting a full understanding of what is happening. 

Anyone allowing this to just continue is not leading. 

I'm not sure about that. Top is a fan and also the or one the owners. He's not a manager or a football director, he should ask questions to Rudkin, Whelan and Rodgers but shouldn't be inerferring with the players imo

Just now, splinterdream said:

I'm not sure about that. Top is a fan and also the or one the owners. He's not a manager or a football director, he should ask questions to Rudkin, Whelan and Rodgers but shouldn't be inerferring with the players imo

His dad did. 

And he got shit done