Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

32 minutes ago, Tomek said:

The problem is, do you trust him to buy the replacements? His recent signings fill me with little confidence in his ability to rebuild the squad. 

That’s the question. I genuinely don’t know. Do we get more Fofana’s, or more Vestergaard’s in the summer?

He has to go now surely. I hope and pray the powers that be can see there is no way back for him. He was completely out manoeuvred tactically today and his decision making is getting worse by the week. Feels like the Peter Taylor era all over again and we all know how that ended up. He can't be trusted to rebuild this side, and if he's backed he'll set the club back years.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Rodgers has pressed the nuclear button today, it's essentially sh*t or bust time now.

He's called out the players and now he has to see how they react.

If there isn't a positive reaction in the next couple of games, then I fear his time is up at the club. 

Soyuncu, Barnes (yes, he was OK from an attacking perspective but doesn't work hard enough defensively, and teams are exposing Thomas as a result), and as much as it pains me to say, Youri just isn't playing to his capability and looks disinterested. Less of an attitude issue with Amartey but quality. 

Players like Albrighton, KDH, Mendy and Choudhury need to be more involved as you know they'll give you 100pc guaranteed. Maddison and Ihenacho are the only starters who come out with any credit after today's game. 

The club have caused some of the issues by letting so many players get so close to one year off their contract expiring, which creates further instability.

I'm actually not too gutted about the result and performance. We've had so many knocks this season and this feels like another in the teeth. And glad there's finally a proper escalation of the situation and the next couple of weeks could be huge as feels like we're reaching an end point with this within the month - likely there is a either a positive reaction or we have to change manager. 

To be fair, the club have been trying to negotiate new contracts for the likes of Tielemans and Soyuncu for what feels like an eternity.

They’ve got the club by the bollocks now unfortunately and as @Chocolate Teapot referred to the other day, won’t sign new contracts. 

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

If this is the case then it should've been done ages ago! Why now? Oh because you're finally being put under the microscope Brendan so it's time to deflect!

I think this is the case now because he has no other idea, he seems lost.

They don't seem to be motivated to play for him and sadly that comes down to him.

I think him coming out and publicly criticising some players is him playing his final hand because he knows he is walking on thin ice.

This might put a fire in their belly or it will just turn them more off him.

Time will tell but I think it's time up for BR.

Just now, Vindaloo FOX said:

I think this is the case now because he has no other idea, he seems lost.

They don't seem to be motivated to play for him and sadly that comes down to him.

I think him coming out and publicly criticising some players is him playing his final hand because he knows he is walking on thin ice.

This might put a fire in their belly or it will just turn them more off him.

Time will tell but I think it's time up for BR.

Call me cynical but I think the comments are purely to pass the buck and protect his own public image. I think he knows its the end of the road

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

Tbh if Top sees Brendan as the main man, he could well back him and axe the players and build again. That’s often how it works in American sport, the manager/coach keeps his position and they clear house in the playing squad. 

I think Top will be acutely aware how vitriolic the fans get though towards a manager when the rot sets in. These next few weeks could get ugly. 

Today is the first day I have shifted to the 'out' brigade after that performance. 

It's just so predictable in the biggest of games over the course of his time at the club we have shat our pants, FA Cup final aside although we clung on for dear life 2nd half. This mentality of weak and lacking aggression comes from him alone, if the players you have aren't doing that you sign players who are and bin the fragile ones off. Was telling that every cross Forest put in today, I thought it would lead to a goal, whereas everyone we put, despite some rare decent deliveries I never thought any of our players would attack the ball and get on the end of it. 

I agree with his points entirely about some players need moving on this summer, the squad needs gutting and rebuilding, but he has had plenty of transfer windows and not covered himself in glory in doing so, so not sure he is the man to undertake that. Seems to be absolutely no accountability on the players currently when they make a mistake, which has been shown in the set piece shambles, they can't do zonal or man marking because nobody wants to go and clear everything out to get the ball clear. 

I don't really think you can blame his tactics in this game, that was largely the side most would have picked, with maybe KDH in and Daka up top, it was just the lack of desire, aggression of the performance that was the issue. 

I sadly think he probably has too much credit in the bank with the ownership to get the chop before the end of the season, but I think the final third of the season and our performances will determine whether he is here next year or not, unless we really plummet down the table. 

Not sure where we would turn in the short term if they do get rid before the end of the season, and a long term new manager could also be tricky as our stock is dropping as an attractive proposition with the league position tumbling, players wanting out and money tight, who are you going to attract who is a huge improvement on what we have?

Could be a rough and toxic end to the season particularly home games if things stay as is though. 

• Like 2

Legitimate question: Does anyone think we are still overachieving? I know those comments were initially in relation to the better finishes we had in a comparative sense, but surely we shouldn’t be grateful for showing up how we did today. 

There were some horrendous individual errors again today, but at a certain point, you have to look at the individual who is managing all of the errors. Why can’t he get them up for this kind of a game? I know we won the FA cup with him and that is significant, but take that away and his time here has been a lot of tease and capitulation. Call me an arse but I think we were quite lucky to win the cup whilst when we won the league, we were genuinely the best team in the league and over the course.

Hate the losing mentality that he’s bringing to the squad and so many losses seem to stem from his decisions. I’ve been tempted for a while but I’m firmly out now. Let’s see what happens by summer. 

Edited by oadby.fox

Whoever is responsible for the Vestegaard signing needs punishing. 

While the Fofana injury was not in the club's control, the signing of Vestergaard has compounded things hugely. 

Yes, some players don't work out but he so doesn't fit our style of play. 

What makes it worse is we scouted him quite a bit so wasn't really a panic buy. 

If Rodgers sanctioned the signing, he deserves some criticism for that as well. Set pieces, the selection vs Legia away, continuing to play Lookman on the right - these are all his decisions.

But his ability to motivate and tactically set up the team to a high level is still there, as shown by the performances vs Liverpool and Watford. Like I said, this next couple of weeks is now huge and the manager has gone big with his criticism so the players now have to react for him, otherwise he won't be manager for much longer. 

1 minute ago, oadby.fox said:

Legitimate question: Does anyone think we are still overachieving? I know those comments were initially in relation to the better finishes we had in a comparative sense, but surely we shouldn’t be grateful for showing up how we did today. 

There were some horrendous individual errors again today, but at a certain point, you have to look at the individual who is managing all of the errors. Why can’t he can’t them up for this kind of a game? I know we won the FA cup with him and that significant, but take that away and his time here has been a lot of tease and capitulation. Call me an arse but I think we were quite lucky to win the cup whilst when we won the league, we were genuinely the best team in the league and over the course.

Hate the losing mentality that he’s bringing to the squad and so many losses seem to stem from his decisions. I’ve been tempted for a while but I’m firmly out now. Let’s see what happens by summer. 

Momentum goes one of two ways: it’s simplistic but it’s always true. Even losing under Pearson for example, we showed some gall and a will to win. 

Never got how supporters settled for how easy we capitulate under Rodgers. The longer he’s been here, the more pathetic we look. It would take a miracle to turn it around and now he’s blaming players to deflect from himself. Pearson made himself look a cvnt at times to shield players and Rodgers has none of that kind of leadership. Very afraid there’s only one way to go under Brendan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When Rodgers first came we used to have a clear style of play. Dominate possession, patient build up and clinical finishing. 

I’m honestly unsure of what our style of play is now, if you look at our recent prem games we haven’t dominated anyone.

Something needs to change, even a shake up of the back room staff may help. Being someone else in 

Anyone can plainly see BR is fuming and at the end of his tether with certain players. Calling out is a massive step but maybe a clear out is needed forced or not?

There's a history of alleged ' player power' with Ranieri year 2 and Puel, not saying the decisions were wrong but how much were results/ performances affected by big dressing room character influence?

Maybe it's time to see if Brendan can sort the tail wagging the dog or if it's just a shelf life thing, presently I believe his frustration and would like to see him clear out and rebuild.