Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

People making out he's calling them out for the first time lol

Every time we have an awful result he throws people under the bus. Hes an awful leader and just a weird narcissistic bloke who's out for himself.

Problem is I think hes got the board all charmed and they'll continue to keep falling for his talk.

Were passing 90% of the time and yet today is the day he decides to be shocked by it. Hope he doesnt even get to take the morning session tomorrow.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

People making out he's calling them out for the first time lol

Every time we have an awful result he throws people under the bus. Hes an awful leader and just a weird narcissistic bloke who's out for himself.

Problem is I think hes got the board all charmed and they'll continue to keep falling for his talk.

Were passing 90% of the time and yet today is the day he decides to be shocked by it. Hope he doesnt even get to take the morning session tomorrow.

Yep never his fault 

7 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Anyone can plainly see BR is fuming and at the end of his tether with certain players. Calling out is a massive step but maybe a clear out is needed forced or not?

There's a history of alleged ' player power' with Ranieri year 2 and Puel, not saying the decisions were wrong but how much were results/ performances affected by big dressing room character influence?

Maybe it's time to see if Brendan can sort the tail wagging the dog or if it's just a shelf life thing, presently I believe his frustration and would like to see him clear out and rebuild.

If the players really did 'do for' Ranieri, then they're unlikely to be the same ones causing a problem now. There's only a handful of them left! The idea was discredited at the time, and doesn't make much sense unless we accept that Marc, Jamie, Kasper and Dan Amartey are dictating, and have been for years, when and when not to betray any given manager. Surely it's more likely that players who have failed to commit to the club, and are currently under-performing, are the bigger problem right now. Just as a different set of under-performing want-aways were responsible for many of the issues with previous managers.

Guest Kopfkino
25 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Momentum goes one of two ways: it’s simplistic but it’s always true. Even losing under Pearson for example, we showed some gall and a will to win. 

I like Pearson as much as the next bloke but there is so much post-hoc horseshit around him.

I’m barely going to mention the 9 defeats in 10 games in 14/15 where we were pretty feeble because everyone has convinced themselves since that we spent most of that time just being unfortunate. But the 2nd half of 12/13 was probably verbatim this season on here, just at a different level. 

12 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Every ball in the box turned into a volleyball match and they won because they worked harder to get at those touches and turned them into chances. I think Rodgers is right in his accessment. Interesting summer coming up.

I'm concerned the culture has become too comfortable,  there's almost too much harmony between the owners and the club...like others have suggested there's no horrible players who'd rather be chasing whippet wingers than driving their Ferrari ...

38 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Whoever is responsible for the Vestegaard signing needs punishing. 

While the Fofana injury was not in the club's control, the signing of Vestergaard has compounded things hugely. 

Yes, some players don't work out but he so doesn't fit our style of play. 

What makes it worse is we scouted him quite a bit so wasn't really a panic buy. 

If Rodgers sanctioned the signing, he deserves some criticism for that as well. Set pieces, the selection vs Legia away, continuing to play Lookman on the right - these are all his decisions.

But his ability to motivate and tactically set up the team to a high level is still there, as shown by the performances vs Liverpool and Watford. Like I said, this next couple of weeks is now huge and the manager has gone big with his criticism so the players now have to react for him, otherwise he won't be manager for much longer. 

Vestergaard could be to Rodgers what Musa was to Claudio.

He needs to go, all good and well blaming the players but if the players are not playing for him then what does that say about him? He said we peaked am sorry but tell that to the owner not the media, he public but the blame on players that should be done behind close doors, I honestly don't blame the players for down tooling if that's what they have done, it's clear that he's peaked at the club and the club ambition is bigger then what BR can do for us.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Collymore said:

The day Vestergaard uses his electric pace to score a magical brace at the Nou Camp will be the day the world also ends, Truman Show style. 

In case I don't see ya, Good Afternoon, Good Evening and Good Night

Let’s be honest, and I think deep down we’ve all seen it through the course of the season, BR’s post match comments is practically him waving the white flag and confirming the players ain’t playing for him. When that happens there is only one outcome …

BR’s had a few public digs at this group of players which tells you everything, it can’t be a happy camp behind the scenes. He’s a very good coach, but all managers have a natural lifecycle at a club before the same methods and messages become repetitive.

It’s clear as can be, he’s at the end of his lifecycle with us. A change is needed!

Edited by MalletFox

Too many players half out the door, half the rest either injured or not anywhere near 100%. I'd listen to offers for Youri and even Wilf, perhaps Barnes and Madders too. Soyuncu I would listen to loan offers for, and just get a proper CB in.

And then you have BR, who hasn't found a way to stem the aerial assault, and somehow allowed an entirely unsuitable CB into the club. I think this is going to be painful if we can't get a few results quickly.

3 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Barnes, Tielemens, Soyuncu, N'didi???

Those were my candidates really, Madders is another one whose work rate can be intermittent although his form recently suggests his is certainly trying with the ball.

For clubs like us, success has effects on expectations of players as well as fans. I think holding on to our best players in the summer was not ideal, because our model relies on some turnover to stop us having to pay peak career contracts.

2 minutes ago, Metal Lover said:

Ship em out would be great but we can't.. Let's face it they are wank , and we'll be lucky to not to get relegated.  I'm not sure why we aren't talking about this, it's a real possibility.

Because even if Rodgers stays and we fester there’s not a chance of being relegated. Too many piss-poor clubs at the bottom of the table too far behind us to make up the gap. 

11 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I just cannot take these humiliations anymore. You get the odd one happen to you but this is becoming so embarrassing to the point its almost habitual.

In our last six games, we have:

- Bottled a 1-3 lead against one of the weakest Liverpool XI's you'll see, and obviously lost the shootout

- Gone 4-0 down at Man City within 20 minutes

- Lost a game we were winning after 94:52

- Lost 4-1 to a Championship Forest, a genuinely big game for the club

That's in the last six games!!!! How can anyone not be appalled by this? We're an absolute vile laughing stock of a team.

Rodgers has two massive flaws. I always wondered how despite some of what you could perceive as overperformance, he's never really been that big a hit with any fanbase he's been the manager of. These are his self-preservation, which the media will fall for and obviously pile onto jumped up Leicester for when the assassins bullet is delivered, and his total lack of emphasis on the psychological side of the game. There is no way this happens to him this many times by accident. It just can't.

Nothing could sum the latter up more than giving the armband to a player who has clearly lost any hunger and knows he's off in the summer.

He's got to go. He's dragging us down at this point. He's on a fortune of a wage and we're getting probably as bad a managerial performance as anybody in the league this season. Get him out before any more damage is done. I've erred on the side of wanting him out for a lot of this season but that earlier really is unforgivable and there's no way back from that.

This ⬆️

The players have either had enough of the club or Rodgers, Soyuncu showed us he is not signing a new contract, 2 years ago he keeps the ball until he can pick a pass, this game he just hoofs it out without even looking where its going.

Rodgers best bet is now to drop any player who is not giving 100%, it can work, it worked for Arteta at arsenal when he brought in youth players.

Guest BlueBrett
10 hours ago, sdb said:

He's a coach. Not a manager. Mentality of a small child.

Why can't he coach them how to defend a bloody set piece then?

'Funny' that we have grown progressively worse ever since BR signed his new stupid money contract.

The fact that that man is one of the highest paid managers in all of football and makes more than the vast majority of the players in the league is beyond ludicrous. It's a ****ing affront to all our supporters who spend their hard earned following the club,.

11 hours ago, ttfn said:

Based on xG we’d be 16th. Only Watford, Newcastle, Burnley and Norwich are worse.

We’d do well to finish top half next season, there’s every chance we won’t this season. Top 6 is absolutely fanciful at this point.

Honestly, those lucky wins against Wolves & Norwich have kept us out of the relegation battle this season.

I cannot believe anybody can defend him. We're absolutely vulgar.

It's just become... too difficult to watch for the most part. I don't say that lightly - following this club and watching as much of them as I possibly can is a passion and a really big part of my life as I'm sure it is for thousands of others.

But this has become an ongoing joke now. The comments coming from Rodgers are sending ALL the wrong kinds of messages to a group of players that he's sent into a downward spiral form wise and I'm genuinely concerned unless he parts ways that the damage will be irreparable. 
Even worse would be losing players like Barnes, Maddison, Nacho, Justin to PL rivals because they're over the same fooking crap week in week out