Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I honestly believe the players love the club and in particular the owners. However that is not to say that a couple have decided that their time here is coming to an end. 

You can see the love and respect the squad have for Top and Vichai (for the players who were at the club pre his passing), and there is no way they would disrespect that, however as happened with Claudio and Claude when a Manager has lost the dressing room, the lack of playing for the Manager is clear to see. 

Yesterday for me, showed what the players now think of Rodgers, they looked confused and frustrated by the tactics and 2nd half we looked an unorganised rabble, it was Sunday league stuff. 

Brendan has lost the dressing room, and I honestly believe Top will have seen that yesterday, whilst Rodgers is expensive to dismiss, it is still a hell of a lot cheaper than a mass clear out of players and complete rebuild  as suggested by Rodgers. 

Rodgers is desperately clinging on and the only way he survives is too throw the players under the bus and hope Top, Rudkin and Whelan fall for it and he gets more time to exert his power and influence. 

personally I think Top will get rid, and look to freshen things up and bring back a positive environment for the last 3 months of the season. 

Brendan has gone full Claude Puel and it didn’t end well for him and despite winning the FA Cup I can’t see it ending well for Rodgers, his arrogance eventually shines through, and with his back against the wall he has shown his true colours. 

Top please sack him today. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Metal Lover said:

Ship em out would be great but we can't.. Let's face it they are wank , and we'll be lucky to not to get relegated.  I'm not sure why we aren't talking about this, it's a real possibility.

I think we’ll scrape over the line, more so because Norwich and Watford are so bad. The third spot could be anyones though. 

12 minutes ago, WinslowFox said:

Has he gone yet? And if not why not?

I just want my Leicester back.

I wish he'd be a man and admit he's not good enough and walk away. I'd respect him so much if he did that. Will never happen his ego wouldn't allow it.

I was just about to say exactly the same thing.

4-1 against Forest is about as low as it gets.

BIN

16 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Still fuming this morning. At this very moment, I’d give almost anybody a try just to get rid of the **** - but like I say, I’ve not calmed down yet.

Walking back to the car yesterday we all had tourette's  syndrome!

I dont care if BR is sacked BUT i do care who can take the club forward, which includes the foundations of the youth team. It's a tough one.

I'm dreading work now, with a few Forest fans waiting....

Edited by Raj
  • Like 1

Just now, Raj said:

Walking back to the car yesterday we all had tourette's  syndrome!

I dont care if BR is sacked BUTbi do care who can take the club forward, which includes the foundations of the youth team. It's a tough one.

I'm dreading work now, with a few Forest fans waiting....

I feel your pain. For a group of people that “don’t care about Leicester”, they sure seem to care.

And as for a replacement, I know I’m being irrational - but I’m the angriest I’ve been all season mate. The Man U fans are reluctant to take him now, when a lot of them were quite eager a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

The fact he has started blaming the players publicly isn't a good sign hinting some need to move on. It is as good as saying they aren't playing for me. 

Maybe a parting shot if he knows the end is coming. 

I can only think there were no Jan funds as the club are saving up his severance package. 

I simply do not trust the man to complete a summer rebuild, there’s very little there to suggest his signings have improved us.. if they have it’s often been by fluke.

We look a lightweight team that is easily bullied off the ball, we were totally outmuscled by a championship team and to be going into the dressing room at half time 3-1 down.. I’m sorry, times up for me.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

The fact he has started blaming the players publicly isn't a good sign hinting some need to move on. It is as good as saying they aren't playing for me. 

Maybe a parting shot if he knows the end is coming. 

I can only think there were no Jan funds as the club are saving up his severance package. 

just one quote from many that Rodgers said post game yesterday…

"A lot of players have to improve. It was an awful performance. I have to apologise to the fans. We needed physicality and authority and lacked it.

everything he said is bang on IMO..to many posters on here saying things like blaming the players. Throwing them under the bus etc 

irrespective of what we think of Rodgers, everything he said about the team and the future is spot on 

• Like 3

There are only so many times the motivational stuff works, after a while you start to think, " what is he running on about again".  For whatever reason some players don't want to give 100% for him, so the club has to make a decision, sack Rodgers, which is the cheaper option, or rebuild in the summer.  BTW the rebuild could be too expensive for the club, some players in our team are losing value by the week.

2 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Yoir talking about being so angry still that “ you would give anyone a try” 

if that means as I’ve read it, then how does violence, solve anything? 

My comment in reply patronising or not, it’s true. If your still raging to that extent, then get help. 

Giving any manager a try, is how I read it.

37 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

Seems like a lot of fans have let the players of the hook.

However wrong Brenden is tactical wise, you have to look at the players for the Forest game imo 

They're all responsible for it but finally Brendan is being put under the microscope by a large portion of our fans. People like to make out that what happens on the pitch isn't Rodgers fault (unless we're doing well)  but if his influence is that minimal then we really don't need to he paying him the kind of money we do

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I just cannot take these humiliations anymore. You get the odd one happen to any team but this is becoming habitual at this point.

In our last six games, we have:

- Bottled a 1-3 lead against one of the weakest Liverpool XI's you'll see, and obviously lost the shootout

- Gone 4-0 down at Man City within 20 minutes

- Lost a game we were winning after 94:52

- Lost 4-1 to a Championship Forest, a genuinely big game for the club

That's in the last six games!!!! Every one of them is humiliation in its own right. How can anyone not be appalled by this? We're an absolute vile laughing stock of a team.

Rodgers has two massive flaws. I always wondered how despite some of what you could perceive as overperformance, he's never really been that big a hit with any fanbase he's been the manager of. These are his self-preservation, which the media will fall for and obviously pile onto jumped up Leicester for when the assassins bullet is delivered, and his total lack of emphasis on the psychological side of the game. There is no way this happens to him this many times by accident. It just can't.

Nothing could sum the latter up more than giving the armband to a player who has clearly lost any hunger and knows he's off in the summer.

He's got to go. He's dragging us down at this point. He's on a fortune of a wage and we're getting probably as bad a managerial performance as anybody in the league this season. Get him out before any more damage is done. I've erred on the side of wanting him out for a lot of this season but that earlier really is unforgivable and there's no way back from that.

This this this

• Like 1

Let’s be honest, there is no way on earth he will be dismissed from his role this season. 
I may be in the minority after yesterday’s performance but, I still think he’s the best man to take us forward and will continue to think this until someone can give me a realistic better option. 
He has his faults, but so does every manager. I think past performance with our club entities him to use a bit of the credit he has built up this season. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Amartey, Soyuncu and Thomas let him down yesterday. All 3 of them absolutely hopeless in defence. Again, same old story of not playing awful but defenders being crap letting the rest of the team down. 

He picks them and sets them up. He let's himself down