Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Struggling to understand how BR can be blamed for players´ mistakes.  Tactics, set-up, selection and substitutions - Yes.

There are certainly players yesterday that are done here at LCFC.  The big question here is, is there another coach than can get a tune out of this current squad? 

Hoping for a reaction now until the end of the season.   The players may not be proud of our Club but I am.

Just now, mozartfox said:

Struggling to understand how BR can be blamed for players´ mistakes.  Tactics, set-up, selection and substitutions - Yes.

There are certainly players yesterday that are done here at LCFC.  The big question here is, is there another coach than can get a tune out of this current squad? 

Hoping for a reaction now until the end of the season.   The players may not be proud of our Club but I am.

What's the reason for so many individual mistakes? Because we have far more of them than any club I've ever seen. Is it a lack of motivation? Not understanding their roles? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Who else does he pick or how else does he set up? 

Amartey and Soyuncu will probably both be gone in the summer and hopefully Thomas will go back to being back up. We need at least 2 centre backs and a full back in the summer. 

Which if this was his first season I'd fully agree but he's been here 3 years now. The set up here is his own so I don't think he can pass all of the blame onto the players

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I see your point but here’s my take. Armartey has clearly been coached and asked from a tactical/style perspective to keep the ball and always look to make a pass, no matter the situation, so instead of playing into touch and regrouping or trying to play it off the attacker, he blindly turns to his goal. Another manager, let’s take Boro under Wilder on Friday, may well say to Armartey in those situations, get rid and reset. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

What's the reason for so many individual mistakes? Because we have far more of them than any club I've ever seen. Is it a lack of motivation? Not understanding their roles? 

No idea , but for sure Brendan is not at fault for shocking misplaced passes.  The basic errors are akin to Sunday League.

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

What would any manager in the world do with this defence? Look at Guardiola and Klopp’s first season’s at Man City and Liverpool. No matter how good you are as a manager you can’t teach crap defenders to defend. 

I wouldn’t want any of these as manager, but if you put Pulis, Hodgson or Dyche in charge of this team the defence would be organised, even with all the injuries. I’ve got absolutely no doubt about that. It’s about priorities and Rodgers simply does not see defending as priority, either that or he is not a capable defensive coach.

Amartey, Soyuncu and Vestergaard have all shown they’re capable players in the PL at one point or another. We’ve probably had 3 or 4 games this season where he’s not had 2 experienced PL centre backs available. 

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Who else does he pick or how else does he set up? 

Amartey and Soyuncu will probably both be gone in the summer and hopefully Thomas will go back to being back up. We need at least 2 centre backs in the summer. 

It’s could be more extreme than that. 

LB - 1 Needed, Thomas (Backup), Bertrand Sold

CB - Fofana, Evans Backup, Amartey leaves on a free, Soyuncu Sold, Vestergaard Sold, Two players needed or three is Evans is finished. 

RB - Ricardo sold if he won’t sign a new deal. Castagne wants out. VDC sell. Potentially 2 new right backs needed. 

That’s just the defence, before we get into the other positions that need addressing. 

Jakupovic expires this summer. Not really an issue.

Tielemans, Soyuncu, Ricardo, Perez, Bertrand, Evans, Mendy, Vardy, Choudhury, Schmeichel all expire next year. If they won’t sign, we’ll need to sell whilst we can still get value. 

We’re looking at a major rebuild. The question is, would you trust Rodgers to undertake it. 

11 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

What would any manager in the world do with this defence? Look at Guardiola and Klopp’s first season’s at Man City and Liverpool. No matter how good you are as a manager you can’t teach crap defenders to defend. 

A football manager on ten mill a year shouldn't be expected to improve football players defending?

We've been terrible at the back all season. He picks the side and he is the one who signed players to improve the squad who have taken us backwards.

Fair enough our injury record has been terrible, but you can only blame that for so long as you need to work with what you've got and he's not getting enough out of what we have available. It's completely on him right now 

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Like 1

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

I honestly can’t believe people are defending him still.

What’s got to happen?

A defeat at home to Gillingham in R3 of next years Cup? 

lol we've got to stop posting the same points at the exact same time 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s could be more extreme than that. 

LB - 1 Needed, Thomas (Backup), Bertrand Sold

CB - Fofana, Evans Backup, Amartey leaves on a free, Soyuncu Sold, Vestergaard Sold, Two players needed or three is Evans is finished. 

RB - Ricardo sold if he won’t sign a new deal. Castagne wants out. VDC sell. Potentially 2 new right backs needed. 

That’s just the defence, before we get into the other positions that need addressing. 

Jakupovic expires this summer. Not really an issue.

Tielemans, Soyuncu, Ricardo, Perez, Bertrand, Evans, Mendy, Vardy, Choudhury, Schmeichel all expire next year. If they won’t sign, we’ll need to sell whilst we can still get value. 

We’re looking at a major rebuild. The question is, would you trust Rodgers to undertake it. 

I wouldn't trust Rodgers but I would Steve Walsh. It seems he wasn't listened to at Everton.

1 minute ago, Lesta Legend said:

Hodgson, Pulis and Dyche. :giggle: add Megson to that crazy list of crap managers that also should be no where near our club. 

I don't want Dyche at all but I'd say he's a better manager than Brendan. His players know exactly what he wants from them and what their roles are

• Like 1