Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Did my post get deleted Jesus Christ! lol it was a genuine question because honestly if you were at the game you would feel the anger and disgust at that performance totally inexcusable this Forest team were in the Championship , yet they had more fight than us. Not to mention our formation and our lack of intensity on and of it. 

Rodgers has to go!!!!

2 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Hodgson, Pulis and Dyche. :giggle: add Megson to that crazy list of crap managers that also should be no where near our club. 

Dyche in the stand yesterday… :ph34r:

Just now, An Away Move said:

I woke up this morning thinking Rodgers was right in making his comments about our players. It was actually quite a Pearson thing to say. If he’d have said it we’d have thought it was a good thing. 

It's not so much what he's said it's the fact that it's taken him so long and there's not a hint of personal accountability 

17 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Hodgson, Pulis and Dyche. :giggle: add Megson to that crazy list of crap managers that also should be no where near our club. 

It was clear that the point being made was that the assertion that no manager could sort this defence out was at best debatable.

I named 3 pretty poor managers that I think most people would agree would have us more solid defensively. Nobody (myself included) would want them at the club.

But I think you knew that anyway.

Edited by ttfn

8 hours ago, inckley fox said:

If the players really did 'do for' Ranieri, then they're unlikely to be the same ones causing a problem now. There's only a handful of them left! The idea was discredited at the time, and doesn't make much sense unless we accept that Marc, Jamie, Kasper and Dan Amartey are dictating, and have been for years, when and when not to betray any given manager. Surely it's more likely that players who have failed to commit to the club, and are currently under-performing, are the bigger problem right now. Just as a different set of under-performing want-aways were responsible for many of the issues with previous managers.

Yes , I was tired , frustrated and didn't make it clear , the point I was trying to make is the Manager normally pays the price yet possibly clearing out whoever these players are and rebuilding could be the way instead of just roundly laying it at Rodgers door🤷‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

It's not so much what he's said it's the fact that it's taken him so long and there's not a hint of personal accountability 

If he’s up for the fight and the rebuild I’d back him. Mainly because I think he’s the best man for coaching and bringing our youngsters through from the academy. That interface is crucial for us. I say this as someone who really wanted him gone a while back. Sometimes by sticking with you come out of a challenging time in a stronger place. He has learned, albeit slowly, that some of his tactics have been wrong and changed them. That’s a positive. Perhaps he’ll start being less negative when we take a lead soon. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, An Away Move said:

If he’s up for the fight and the rebuild I’d back him. Mainly because I think he’s the best man for coaching and bringing our youngsters through from the academy. That interface is crucial for us. I say this as someone who really wanted him gone a while back. Sometimes by sticking with you come out of a challenging time in a stronger place. He has learned, albeit slowly, that some of his tactics have been wrong and changed them. That’s a positive. Perhaps he’ll start being less negative when we take a lead soon. 

I respect your opinion mate but I personally see no evidence that he's learned a damn thing. The West ham game will further expose him for the limited tactician he is.

Of course I'd love for it to work but I think that possibility has all but gone

51 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Struggling to understand how BR can be blamed for players´ mistakes.  Tactics, set-up, selection and substitutions - Yes.

There are certainly players yesterday that are done here at LCFC.  The big question here is, is there another coach than can get a tune out of this current squad? 

Hoping for a reaction now until the end of the season.   The players may not be proud of our Club but I am.

I think it's the first part of what you say that fair minded people do blame him for i.e. tactics, selections, substitutions and set up etc.

Players in all positions will always make mistakes during a game and usually that can hardly be the fault of the manager. 

However, if that manager has decided to play them out of position or unfamiliar role, in a way that isn't commensurate with their known skill sets, then surely he's a contributory factor to some of those mistakes?

When those choices are made by a manager because he has no choice through injuries for example, that too is of course forgivable. 

However, my submission would be that Rodgers has regularly put square pegs in round holes unnecessarily, employed poor tactics including dire, archaic, dull supposed possession football to fit a personal philosophy or belief, regardless of whether we actually employ Iniesta or Xavi et al. His substitutions, usually between the 65th/70th minutes, regardless of what's actually occurring on the pitch, at best have sometimes seemed quite bizarre. 

I think supporters have both reason and a right to treat him harshly verbally because none of this is new, it's been happening for a long time now. The players too, albeit not always blameless, must also have had enough of him by now. It's best all round that he leaves in my opinion but he's unlikely to of his own volition. 

I can't however, admittedly, see a natural successor who'd want to come here in fairness but there'd be more choice in the summer perhaps. I do believe however that Rodgers, if given a huge wad of money to spend on his players, could lead to the ruination of our club.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I honestly can’t believe people are defending him still.

What’s got to happen?

A defeat at home to Gillingham in R3 of next years Cup? 

That could broadly be translated to ‘defeat by Randers in the next round of the ECL’ I would say.

1 minute ago, An Away Move said:

Think we'd all love it if he came out the other side and he managed to instigate some kind of change back to what we know he and this squad are capable of. Not taking his share of the blame but throwing players under the bus when he gets the chance is the main issue for me. Talked alot about the players needing to go away and reflect on it but not himself.

• Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

I respect your opinion mate but I personally see no evidence that he's learned a damn thing. The West ham game will further expose him for the limited tactician he is.

Of course I'd love for it to work but I think that possibility has all but gone

I’m not wedded to the idea of keeping him. There’s clearly some strife behind the scenes and it may be the case that attitude is a problem. To this extent it was good to see Maddison and KDH working hard in the final minutes yesterday. 
The next person coming in has to be genuinely interested in bringing through our academy players. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Think we'd all love it if he came out the other side and he managed to instigate some kind of change back to what we know he and this squad are capable of. Not taking his share of the blame but throwing players under the bus when he gets the chance is the main issue for me. Talked alot about the players needing to go away and reflect on it but not himself.

Yeah. Not taking some personal responsibility is a fair point. 

14 hours ago, Sithbaare said:

One dodgy transfers doesn't discount the good buys the recruitment team has made. They are allowed to get some wrong from time to time. Overall , Leicester's recruitment has been really good and I can think of quite a few Leicester players i would like if they were playing for Liverpool.

Yeah, Brendan shouldn't get the funds ever but here , It's his coaching and management which is to be questioned more. Wasn't the case in Liverpool , Even despite the dire defeats at the end and the idiotic recruitments, He still left enough semblance of a high pressing side to make Klopp's acclimatization easier. You can see the way that Rangnick is suffering at Man Utd that it isn't easy to implement that style of play. But Brendan's tactics did allow for an easier transformation to a Klopp side. Brendan was defensively naive at Liverpool but I still rated him as a good enough manager. But not one for the ambitions of Leicester

You seem to be arguing with me, yet agreeing with the point I actually made. I don't care if it's his identification of players to sign or his coaching that means he shouldn't get near our rebuilding transfer chest. He just shouldn't be allowed near it, period.

I'll leave it there.

Edited by Duquesne Whistle

2 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I’m not wedded to the idea of keeping him. There’s clearly some strife behind the scenes and it may be the case that attitude is a problem. To this extent it was good to see Maddison and KDH working hard in the final minutes yesterday. 
The next person coming in has to be genuinely interested in bringing through our academy players. 

I agree with that. We have the facilities and infrastructure to bring through some talented young players. I just want them learning from a better coaching setup 

8 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

I like Pearson as much as the next bloke but there is so much post-hoc horseshit around him.

I’m barely going to mention the 9 defeats in 10 games in 14/15 where we were pretty feeble because everyone has convinced themselves since that we spent most of that time just being unfortunate. But the 2nd half of 12/13 was probably verbatim this season on here, just at a different level. 

And yet, every game in that losing streak we had a foot in and eluded the goals to win. He was then able to complete change out trajectory. Brendan has showed a complete inability to do this, in fact if it’s not been obvious from the first kick of the ball we weren’t getting anything from a game then we’ve managed to snatch defeat from the jaws and victory. We weren’t even in it last night at any point and there’s few if any games I could point you to under Pearson, even if we lost heavily, with that complete lack of spirit or dignity. 

Rodgers lacks any kind of man management skills, that’s been laid bare since his tactics have been found out and we continue to pass it round the back slower and slower. Now he’s a work man blaming his tools. 

3 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

And yet, every game in that losing streak we had a foot in and eluded the goals to win. He was then able to complete change out trajectory. Brendan has showed a complete inability to do this, in fact if it’s not been obvious from the first kick of the ball we weren’t getting anything from a game then we’ve managed to snatch defeat from the jaws and victory. We weren’t even in it last night at any point and there’s few if any games I could point you to under Pearson, even if we lost heavily, with that complete lack of spirit or dignity. 

Rodgers lacks any kind of man management skills, that’s been laid bare since his tactics have been found out and we continue to pass it round the back slower and slower. Now he’s a work man blaming his tools. 

We don’t offer enough movement in front of the back four to be playing a slow possession game at the back. We need the hunger to offer options. It’s not there. That might be the players and/or the coaching. 

25 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I woke up this morning thinking Rodgers was right in making his comments about our players. It was actually quite a Pearson thing to say. If he’d have said it we’d have thought it was a good thing. 

Perhaps Pearson would have said it at the right time and place with justification. Rodger's however, can see no fault of his in this debacle and never does, he's merely an egotistical pompous oaf who'd have no doubt milked any media adoration had we won because it would have all been because of him.

The fact that BR´s personal reputation will not have been enhanced recently, he certainly has a huge incentive to turn things around.   Hoping yesterday´s debacle was his Martin O´Neill moment and not a Peter Taylor/Wycome event.    

I think the Manure job is probably off his agenda right now.

Rodgers starting to blame the players post match.  Bad sign.  He is peddling this narative that it is not his fault that he has mo authority!

But his teams lack fight and  the defensive organisation is useless... worse  he changes it mid match.

3 things.
1. Top needs to speak out and say this is not good enough
2.Watching our games this season... Rodgers teams always lack fight... this is down to him.
3.  Chopping and changing 3 or 4 at the back means no stability . Rodgers cannot sort this defence out...

Time"s up.
Why dont the bbc ask brendan for a response to fans saying he needs to go?

Just now, mozartfox said:

The fact that BR´s personal reputation will not have been enhanced recently, he certainly has a huge incentive to turn things around.   Hoping yesterday´s debacle was his Martin O´Neill moment and not a Peter Taylor/Wycome event.    

I think the Manure job is probably off his agenda right now.

He has ruined any chance