Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Perhaps Pearson would have said it at the right time and place with justification. Rodger's however, can see no fault of his in this debacle and never does, he's merely an egotistical pompous oaf who'd have no doubt milked any media adoration had we won because it would have all been because of him.

Agree... he is spinning a narative to shift the blame. 

I hope the club are sounding out replacements.   Fed up with sack the manager with no one lined up

10 hours ago, Shane said:

lol It doesn't matter if what Brendan is saying about the players is true, it's disingenuous because his main aim is to protect his own reputation. He doesn't care who gets thrown under the bus as long as it isn't himself. I just hope our owners don't fall for his tripe like some of our fans are doing. 

That’s not true, his man management has been pretty excellent over the past few years and has often defended the players way too often. About time some of them started taking responsibility for their terrible performances.

2 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Gonna be interesting to see who he plays in the next game after his comments.

The season is basically dead in the PL so he can probably afford to pick a pretty wild team, but may also be one drubbing from the sack…

I'm not convinced it is basically dead. Rodgers has to pick them up pretty quickly else we'll be looking nervously over our shoulders. 

1 minute ago, daddylonglegs said:

The season is basically dead in the PL so he can probably afford to pick a pretty wild team, but may also be one drubbing from the sack…

If he throws his toys out the pram and drops a bunch of senior players and we get smashed, he's gone. End of. 

If the board have any sense, they'll apply a bit of Occam's Razor here. 

What's more likely, that half our squad are all unprofessional prima donnas that don't want to be here or that one man with a long track record of lacking people skills and humility is struggling to motivate and inspire them? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

He has ruined any chance

Failure Is heavily rewarded in football, It's a bit like politics. The days of criticism have long gone in football punditry, they all piss in the same pot and don't want to become excluded from the riches of football, even being a so called co commentator like Alan Smith pays you over a million a year.. 

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If he throws his toys out the pram and drops a bunch of senior players and we get smashed, he's gone. End of. 

If the board have any sense, they'll apply a bit of Occam's Razor here. 

What's more likely, that half our squad are all unprofessional prima donnas that don't want to be here or that one man with a long track record of lacking people skills and humility is struggling to motivate and inspire them? 

Both seem quite likely at the moment

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Rodgers starting to blame the players post match.  Bad sign.  He is peddling this narative that it is not his fault that he has mo authority!

But his teams lack fight and  the defensive organisation is useless... worse  he changes it mid match.

3 things.
1. Top needs to speak out and say this is not good enough
2.Watching our games this season... Rodgers teams always lack fight... this is down to him.
3.  Chopping and changing 3 or 4 at the back means no stability . Rodgers cannot sort this defence out...

Time"s up.
Why dont the bbc ask brendan for a response to fans saying he needs to go?

Rodgers was right though, there were players out there that obviously don't want to be here, that just begs the question though, why don't they want to be here and why does he play those players?

No doubt Amartey had a mare yesterday and I don't believe he was one of the players Rodgers was picking out, I think it was more the effort prior to that and after.

One thing i noticed is when Forest attacked they had 5/6 players in and around our box whereas when we attacked we'd have 2/3 players unless we held up the play. Maybe Rodgers style is too disciplined and the players don't buy into it, I don't know but only mistake for me that Rodgers made yesterday is not playing KDH. Those other players should not have lost like that to Forest, I can't hold Rodgers to blame for that 

I would have sacked him after our debacle against Brighton, the players and management have had two weeks off one week in Dubai and one week at Seagrave to prepare for this game and they put out a performance like that, this is a sackable offense, just get him gone Top

11 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

He makes many strange decisions like that.

Perez being his favourite then nowhere to be seen (thankfully).

Re-signing Mendy, plays him consistently then doesn't even give him a squad number.

The Praet situation.

Ignoring Iheanacho when he pretty much rescued us last season.

The whole Benkovic farce.

The list goes on.

yes and his treatment Of Hamza - another who is technically in the squad but not really part of it until we’re so desperate he gets the call to be the next Mascherano 

All the reserve keepers - and there are a lot of them - not a sniff of a chance despite Schmeichels obvious flaws. 

Vestergaard and Bertrand are now  in the “frozen out” section of the squad 

And what’s the point of having Nelson in the first team squad at all if he isn’t trusted to play? - see Watford FA Cup R3 

Mendy btw is a victim of the set piece fiasco - his outfield play is good enough to be a valuable squad player but he doesn’t meet BR’s physical presence test when it comes to defending set pieces ..if we could defend corners we could afford to play Mendy 

This for me is what goes unrecognised when people keep going on about injuries to key players. Rodgers simply doesn’t utilise his wider squad very skilfully. When players go out of favour they disappear leaving a very small nucleus to choose from. The remaining players then get overplayed, injured and fatigued, They become resentful because they suffer for carrying the rest of the squad, the rest of the squad resent the fact they’ve been frozen out - often unfairly.

Is it Mendy fault we can’t defend a corner? Is it Ihenachos  fault the manager wants to play with one up and he is judged by the manager not good enough to play that role? Why couldn’t Praet have shared the Tielemans role? Is it Perez’s fault that the number of times he’s started in his best position can be counted on one hand? 

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I would have sacked him after our debacle against Brighton, the players and management have had two weeks off one week in Dubai and one week at Seagrave to prepare for this game and they put out a performance like that, this is a sackable offense, just get him gone Top

I do think that Rodgers financial settlement is a huge factor as to why he hasn't been sacked. If it is indeed £26m to move him on I think it would take threat of relegation to threaten his job. Rodgers contract looks like another big mistake, it really should have had a few more clauses in there. Our contract negotiators seem a little soft in the head sometimes

16 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Rodgers was right though, there were players out there that obviously don't want to be here, that just begs the question though, why don't they want to be here and why does he play those players?

No doubt Amartey had a mare yesterday and I don't believe he was one of the players Rodgers was picking out, I think it was more the effort prior to that and after.

One thing i noticed is when Forest attacked they had 5/6 players in and around our box whereas when we attacked we'd have 2/3 players unless we held up the play. Maybe Rodgers style is too disciplined and the players don't buy into it, I don't know but only mistake for me that Rodgers made yesterday is not playing KDH. Those other players should not have lost like that to Forest, I can't hold Rodgers to blame for that 

his job is to lead them

9 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I do think that Rodgers financial settlement is a huge factor as to why he hasn't been sacked. If it is indeed £26m to move him on I think it would take threat of relegation to threaten his job. Rodgers contract looks like another big mistake, it really should have had a few more clauses in there. Our contract negotiators seem a little soft in the head sometimes

losing 4 1 at forest should be a sackable offence.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Wild —> 6 at the back then

Even if we somehow turned a corner and had a respectable end to the season, I’ve completely gone off him and this team.

I’ve woken up even more annoyed about yesterday. We’re going to hear about this result for ****ing years. We’re the FA Cup holders and our lower league rivals have spanked us. 

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

his job is to lead them

I agree but if he drops Barnes, soyuncu, tielemens and Ndidi and we lose heavily, he's getting slaughtered just the same. We've known for a while there's a rot that's set in at the club, its a matter of identifying it and cutting it out, but that takes time and money, so at the moment I think we're just managing the problem. 

Rodgers thinks we need a squad overhaul, it really is down to whether Top agrees with him or think the problem lies with Rodgers, I thing we're biding our time to see where we're at in the summer 

4 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Even if we somehow turned a corner and had a respectable end to the season, I’ve completely gone off him and this team.

I’ve woken up even more annoyed about yesterday. We’re going to hear about this result for ****ing years. We’re the FA Cup holders and our lower league rivals have spanked us. 

It's a bit like when we lost against Wycombe and the BBC used that footage of lawrie sanchez celebrating as their opener for following years. 

When my 9 year old football mad nephew was yesterday boasting we'll thrash the forest before the match, I warned him what we're like

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FoxOfMelton said:

I'm getting seriously worried about where we finish in the table this season. I just don't see where our next points are coming from.

Exactly this too- can’t see us beating liverpool (they’re unbeaten at Anfield), West Ham always batter us, Wolves look really compact under their new manager. It’s going to be a long few weeks 

I can't get my head around why he took Barnes off at half time, unless he is one of the players he's saying has let him down and isn't giving 100%. I thought to start with Barnes looked liveliest and was mostly let down by Thomas having a terrible start to the game.

I forgot Lookman was even playing at times yesterday, he offered even less but stayed on.

We just couldn't handle Davis in the first half and, I get he's not had a great season, but why did we not go with Vestergaard, an actual CB, over Amartey or even Soyuncu who hasn't shown any ounce of his former self for the last 2 seasons. 

Maybe in hindsight it's easy to spot these things but I just can't work out how yesterday happened and how we offered so little in terms of passion, ambition or drive. So embarrassed and disappointed.

Edited by lcfc278
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

That’s not true, his man management has been pretty excellent over the past few years and has often defended the players way too often. About time some of them started taking responsibility for their terrible performances.

I doubt he defends them behind closed doors, so there's no need to criticse them publically. The only reason you do it is to deflect from yourself