Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, lcfc278 said:

I can't get my head around why he took Barnes off at half time, unless he is one of the players he's saying has let him down and isn't giving 100%. I thought to start with Barnes looked liveliest and was mostly let down by Thomas having a terrible start to the game.

I forgot Lookman was even playing at times yesterday, he offered even less but stayed on.

We just couldn't handle Davis in the first half and, I get he's not had a great season, but why did we not go with Vestergaard, an actual CB, over Amartey or even Soyuncu who hasn't shown any ounce of his former self for the last 2 seasons. 

Maybe in hindsight it's easy to spot these things but I just can't work out how yesterday happened and how we offered so little in terms of passion, ambition or drive. So embarrassed and siappointed.

We were saying the same. Barnes issue I think is that he doesn’t work hard enough towards his own goal. Does close crosses down etc.. and makes it too easy for crosses to come into the box.

You wonder how long he can peddle the “no hunger, no fight” line… but then not start Albrighton who gives that every single time he gets onto the pitch. 

You can’t ask for something and then not reward it when players actually show you it lol 

Tosspot

• Like 2

The next few performances will show a lot about the players mental character, who wants to be here and whether the manager is the right person to lead the rebuild.

I said months ago when Rodger’s first started getting under pressure that we cannot look at his past to determine what he is like at doing a refresh after a 3 year cycle - because he’s not been anywhere long enough. That could be quite telling. He seems to be very good at going in and improving what he’s got, but we don’t know how good he is at building a side. At Liverpool he was strongly criticised for poor defending - are we starting to see that here?

The only question now is whether the refresh / rebuild will go as far as the managers office.

2 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

If we are dragged into a relegation scrap how confident can we be this team/manager would have the bottle to win such a scrap?

We won’t, this is probably the lowest quality league in Prem history. I think we’re probably already at survival points total. 

Leadership and discipline comes from the Manager and sadly it has been lacking in abundance, we have a group of players who look lost and bewildered at our tactics and defensive set up. 

Our injury record in the last 2/3 seasons is an embarrassment and our off field discipline is becoming more and more a discussion point. 

The time has come to remove Rodgers and bring in a Manager and back room team that will instil discipline, professionalism and reinstall some level of defensive stability. Rodgers is presiding over a shambles both on and off the pitch and the responsibility and accountability sits with him. Time to go Brendan. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

What does stating it to the media achieve?

Well you’d hope it would prompt some level of reaction from the players, even if it’s in a ‘fvck you’ kind of response towards BR from the playing squad. 

Also, gives us as fans an insight into wtf is happening at our club right now. I think it’s good he’s come out with the whole overhaul thing 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I can't get my head around why he took Barnes off at half time, unless he is one of the players he's saying has let him down and isn't giving 100%. I thought to start with Barnes looked liveliest and was mostly let down by Thomas having a terrible start to the game.

I forgot Lookman was even playing at times yesterday, he offered even less but stayed on.

We just couldn't handle Davis in the first half and, I get he's not had a great season, but why did we not go with Vestergaard, an actual CB, over Amartey or even Soyuncu who hasn't shown any ounce of his former self for the last 2 seasons. 

Maybe in hindsight it's easy to spot these things but I just can't work out how yesterday happened and how we offered so little in terms of passion, ambition or drive. So embarrassed and siappointed.

I'm just wondering if Brendan thinks Barnes and Tielemans were not doing enough defending from the front. I do agree that Barnes had a decent first half. Lookman looks better on the left IMO and didn't offer very much. Sometimes it is good to admit that the formation didn't work with plenty of pace/flair but not enough pressing or tackling. I think questioning players commitment is best done off camera.

Edited by Edingleyfox

14 minutes ago, AjcW said:

You wonder how long he can peddle the “no hunger, no fight” line… but then not start Albrighton who gives that every single time he gets onto the pitch. 

You can’t ask for something and then not reward it when players actually show you it lol 

Tosspot

Some of the untruths Rodgers comes out with are now coming home to roost a bit.

He has always talked about his team's (including us) having aggression, physicality and a good mentality. None of those traits have really ever been evident throughout his time here. The only time I could say we played with genuine aggression was in the first 6 months of his reign, and that was aggression in pressing rather than being physically imposing.

Edited by martyn

2 hours ago, Sly said:

It’s could be more extreme than that. 

LB - 1 Needed, Thomas (Backup), Bertrand Sold

CB - Fofana, Evans Backup, Amartey leaves on a free, Soyuncu Sold, Vestergaard Sold, Two players needed or three is Evans is finished. 

RB - Ricardo sold if he won’t sign a new deal. Castagne wants out. VDC sell. Potentially 2 new right backs needed. 

That’s just the defence, before we get into the other positions that need addressing. 

Jakupovic expires this summer. Not really an issue.

Tielemans, Soyuncu, Ricardo, Perez, Bertrand, Evans, Mendy, Vardy, Choudhury, Schmeichel all expire next year. If they won’t sign, we’ll need to sell whilst we can still get value. 

We’re looking at a major rebuild. The question is, would you trust Rodgers to undertake it. 

I remember saying a few months ago that looking at the contract situation of our players it was the beginning of the end for us even challenging the top 10 let alone 6. Of course no one believed me as it was on the back of a win but I think my predicition is becoming ever more likely. 

Edited by Fightforever

4 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Well you’d hope it would prompt some level of reaction from the players, even if it’s in a ‘fvck you’ kind of response towards BR from the playing squad. 

Also, gives us as fans an insight into wtf is happening at our club right now. I think it’s good he’s come out with the whole overhaul thing 

It doesn't give you an insight though all he's done is create gossip and started rumours. 

3 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Leadership and discipline comes from the Manager and sadly it has been lacking in abundance, we have a group of players who look lost and bewildered at our tactics and defensive set up. 

Our injury record in the last 2/3 seasons is an embarrassment and our off field discipline is becoming more and more a discussion point. 

The time has come to remove Rodgers and bring in a Manager and back room team that will instil discipline, professionalism and reinstall some level of defensive stability. Rodgers is presiding over a shambles both on and off the pitch and the responsibility and accountability sits with him. Time to go Brendan. 

In part, but a manager cannot make a leader where there isn`t the right mentality within the squad. Vardy is no leader, Kasper is vocal but isolated, Youri is almost it, but he is not vocal enough.

Brendan has many flaws, but I have never bought into the idea that managers can magically make players without the required magnetism and authority into these required characters.

He should inspire them sure, and just because Forest v Leicester is not Liverpool v Everton, or Rangers v Celtic is no excuse, it is our prime rivalry (Coventry RIP), but he is just not as good at that as some think.

It is also worth noting that our squad personality is exceptionally poor, we do not seem to have a collective spirit in the face of adversity, but Brendan does need to embrace the current adversity and use it to the teams advantage.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

In part, but a manager cannot make a leader where there isn`t the right mentality within the squad. Vardy is no leader, Kasper is vocal but isolated, Youri is almost it, but he is not vocal enough.

Brendan has many flaws, but I have never bought into the idea that managers can magically make players without the required magnetism and authority into these required characters.

He should inspire them sure, and just because Forest v Leicester is not Liverpool v Everton, or Rangers v Celtic is no excuse, it is our prime rivalry (Coventry RIP), but he is just not as good at that as some think.

It is also worth noting that our squad personality is exceptionally poor, we do not seem to have a collective spirit in the face of adversity, but Brendan does need to embrace the current adversity and use it to the teams advantage.

Agree with all of this, but it is still fundamentally his fault.

Rodgers has been the manager for 3 years now, he has had plenty of time to assemble a team or squad with leaders in it, he just hasn’t prioritised it.