Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

Agree with all of this, but it is still fundamentally his fault.

Rodgers has been the manager for 3 years now, he has had plenty of time to assemble a team or squad with leaders in it, he just hasn’t prioritised it.

When you are a manager the buck stops with you, but to be so undermined by your own staff is poor form, and they too must hold this cost with him. If they are let off, why would this behaviour not reemerge for the next manager when things go slightly awry?

12 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

It doesn't give you an insight though all he's done is create gossip and started rumours. 

So him saying this summer we’re going to undergo a major squad overhaul doesn’t give you any insight into what’s next for Leicester city? 

58 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

yes and his treatment Of Hamza - another who is technically in the squad but not really part of it until we’re so desperate he gets the call to be the next Mascherano 

All the reserve keepers - and there are a lot of them - not a sniff of a chance despite Schmeichels obvious flaws. 

Vestergaard and Bertrand are now  in the “frozen out” section of the squad 

And what’s the point of having Nelson in the first team squad at all if he isn’t trusted to play? - see Watford FA Cup R3 

Mendy btw is a victim of the set piece fiasco - his outfield play is good enough to be a valuable squad player but he doesn’t meet BR’s physical presence test when it comes to defending set pieces ..if we could defend corners we could afford to play Mendy 

This for me is what goes unrecognised when people keep going on about injuries to key players. Rodgers simply doesn’t utilise his wider squad very skilfully. When players go out of favour they disappear leaving a very small nucleus to choose from. The remaining players then get overplayed, injured and fatigued, They become resentful because they suffer for carrying the rest of the squad, the rest of the squad resent the fact they’ve been frozen out - often unfairly.

Is it Mendy fault we can’t defend a corner? Is it Ihenachos  fault the manager wants to play with one up and he is judged by the manager not good enough to play that role? Why couldn’t Praet have shared the Tielemans role? Is it Perez’s fault that the number of times he’s started in his best position can be counted on one hand? 

Most of this makes me want to keep him

The rot starts from the Manager. Its fine him coming out and saying that the players are lacking desire or whatever but its not something that will magically appear with 5/6 leaving and 5/6 coming in to replace them. 

His job is to prepare the team and ensure that from a coaching, motivation etc. perspective, they are professional at the very least. We have too many collapses to put it down to a bad day at the office. He reacted very similarly when we collapsed to Bournemouth. I think that time he went on about how we were no where near CL level. We should never have seen a performance like that ever again. We have. Newcastle and virtually the same time the season after. In the last three games we have: given away a lead in 30 seconds. Given away the initiative to another team in a game we were leading which we ended up hanging on to a draw. And yesterday. Spanked by a mid table/playoff hopeful Championship side. I dont care what form Forest are in. They bossed us. Not grabbed a goal and defended well (like they did against Arsenal). They played us off the park. 

So he has to go and so do a large amount of these players. You cant coach weakness and cowardice out of someone. I think some of them will do well at "bigger" clubs. Where the pressure is not on them to be the main performer. But we need massive changes and it starts with the manager. 

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

What I find amazing is that even after yesterday's utter embarrassment there are still people desperate to jump to this man's defence! What has he got on you people? Ranieri was shown less loyalty than this fraud

I think that some people are just scared to commit to the idea of bringing someone else in because they worry “but what if things get worse?” - either that or they are far too charitable. The problem is that this is a football club and things are already getting worse. 

We have consistently gotten worse and worse with each month that has passed since January 2021. Take away the FA cup and what have you got? Two embarrassing capitulations to throw away the CL and two absolutely woeful Europa campaigns. Even Shakespeare has better European pedigree than BR, let that sink in - he’s achieved something that Rodgers will never do. If the players lost it for us yesterday, then they also won it for us against Chelsea. The more involved he seems to be (whether it’s transfers or tactics) the worse it gets. 

And for those who want to endorse the fifth place finish medal despite being in the top three for the majority of both seasons. Yes, finishing fifth is better than tenth but in the end, we only ended up playing more games and fatiguing more players for an embarrassingly early exit in the EL. Again, all the hard work is just thrown away and that’s been one theme amongst many under BR.

I don’t trust him to do the “rebuild” and a large part of me thinks that it’s only necessary because of him in the first place. Get rid now or in the Summer depending on who would be available when.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

So him saying this summer we’re going to undergo a major squad overhaul doesn’t give you any insight into what’s next for Leicester city? 

I'm on about yesterday and talking about individual players committment based on his post match comments.

36 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I can't get my head around why he took Barnes off at half time, unless he is one of the players he's saying has let him down and isn't giving 100%. I thought to start with Barnes looked liveliest and was mostly let down by Thomas having a terrible start to the game.

I forgot Lookman was even playing at times yesterday, he offered even less but stayed on.

We just couldn't handle Davis in the first half and, I get he's not had a great season, but why did we not go with Vestergaard, an actual CB, over Amartey or even Soyuncu who hasn't shown any ounce of his former self for the last 2 seasons. 

Maybe in hindsight it's easy to spot these things but I just can't work out how yesterday happened and how we offered so little in terms of passion, ambition or drive. So embarrassed and disappointed.

That's just it though, totally different views. My view was Barnes was totally ineffective down that side and wasn't helping Thomas who was having a hard time against spence.

As for saying vestegaard should have played, bout spat my tea out when I read that. Amartey has been decent when he's played, he had a mare yesterday but I'd put majority of blame at our midfield, if anyone needs calling out its youri tielemens who was wearing the captains armband 

• Like 1

If Brendan survives till next season and doesn’t do well, he will blame not injuries this time but lack of signings in the summer .  It’s like a ever rolling set of excuses in front of him to protect his reputation, then he’s got the media darling thing ( i remember live on air after the Liverpool win , he straight away praised the woman’s footballer that was on the panel , little small steps , makes him the darling ) we really are in a tight place , I don’t want him to get the payout , such a infuriating man .  The cracks were appearing before the fa cup win.  Just don’t know how we handle him .

1 minute ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

If Brendan survives till next season and doesn’t do well, he will blame not injuries this time but lack of signings in the summer .  It’s like a ever rolling set of excuses in front of him to protect his reputation, then he’s got the media darling thing ( i remember live on air after the Liverpool win , he straight away praised the woman’s footballer that was on the panel , little small steps , makes him the darling ) we really are in a tight place , I don’t want him to get the payout , such a infuriating man .  The cracks were appearing before the fa cup win.  Just don’t know how we handle him .

I have a few ideas, but none of them legal. I own some pigs. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

That's just it though, totally different views. My view was Barnes was totally ineffective down that side and wasn't helping Thomas who was having a hard time against spence.

As for saying vestegaard should have played, bout spat my tea out when I read that. Amartey has been decent when he's played, he had a mare yesterday but I'd put majority of blame at our midfield, if anyone needs calling out its youri tielemens who was wearing the captains armband 

Barnes is not to me an effective wide man because of his inability to defend properly. He should play centrally. Yesterday we could have included KDH and played a diamond which may have helped somewhat. Why did we buy Soumaré by the way? He is our big man in midfield supposedly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Not usually a fan of the in/out poll threads but do think we need one right now if only to show anyone associated with the club keeping an eye on the forum that he's now lost the backing of the fans. 

Do the club actually keep tabs on FoxTalk?

2 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

No idea but it would seem the obvious place to start if you quickly wanted to get a feel for the general consensus amongst a cross section of fans. 

Stay off the bloody internet if you are looking for a serious opinion  lol

• Haha 1