Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Even if this Topic reached 2000 votes, we will never see what the majority of our fan Base Really think, One Way or tother..!!

I find find such polls utter nonsense...

The club, the squad, the manager, are going through enough crap, without Non-entity jerks,telling us what they have said over this or that about

(Any manager) since the beginning...So called fans, where most havent been near or  felt such responsibilties.

Plus those who Fall in these modern times to the all round twaddle of clickbait....

Football Forum Lynch mobs....bunch of Buffoons, trying to give their Life a meaning, & Chasing Honorary pundits status.

Seems in their easy-Seats they just cant take the stress....somewhat like some of our players,when it comes for the time to Stand up..!!

We used to have a Good balanced forum...Then we seemed to have atracted the Good-Weather guys,who pull the S.Media know-alls trolls with them...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

The issue isn't just "can we afford to sack him?" but also "can we afford to sack him AND buy another manager out of their contract?"

you don't have to pay him off in one lump sum, do what the Italian clubs do stick him on gardening leave until his contract is up, he still gets his monthly wage until he decides to leave for a new job

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'm still seeing the same issues with Rodgers as I've seen at pretty much all his other clubs and it pains me to say it as he gave me some of the best memories of my life being a Celtic supporter.

1. In his third season at clubs things deteriorate and the relationship between him and his players seems to wane, for what reason I don't know.

2. Left to his own devices (along with his partner in crime) he's horrific in the transfer market. I wouldn't trust him to undertake a rebuild that requires recruiting several players.

3. He has serious limitations in how his teams perform in Europe. He played the finance card at Celtic in the champions league despite previous managers having less to work with and being more competitive. He's had european groups with both Leicester and Liverpool he should have absolutely skated and has made a right pigs ear of them.

4. He's too one dimensional in his approach and outlook.

I think he's hit his ceiling as a manager and the level of club who will be after him unless he rectifies the above. It's telling that when jobs like Arsenal, Man Utd and even Spurs have come around he hasn't been quoted. I don't buy, other clubs having to pay up his contract either as being a factor in him missing out on these jobs as lets be honest, the clubs mentioned spend 3 or 4 times that most windows on players.

This seems spot on to be honest. Liverpool fan friend very much said the same thing to me. When I mentioned the re-build he reminded me of Brendan's rebuild at Liverpool. 

England Rickie Lambert England Southampton £4,000,000 [3]
1 July 2014 MF 20 England Adam Lallana England Southampton £25,000,000 [4]
3 July 2014 MF 23 Germany Emre Can Germany Bayer Leverkusen £10,000,000 [5]
15 July 2014 MF 50 Serbia Lazar Marković Portugal Benfica £20,000,000 [6]
27 July 2014 DF 6 Croatia Dejan Lovren England Southampton £20,000,000 [7]
29 July 2014 FW Belgium Divock Origi France Lille £10,000,000 [8]
16 August 2014 DF 18 Spain Alberto Moreno Spain Sevilla £12,000,000 [9]
25 August 2014 FW 45 Italy Mario Balotelli Italy Milan £16,000,000

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

This seems spot on to be honest. Liverpool fan friend very much said the same thing to me. When I mentioned the re-build he reminded me of Brendan's rebuild at Liverpool. 

Add Benteke to that list too. Shivers down my spine. 

Club can't afford a crap team rebuild and then sack Brendan. Stick or twist. Difficult call. Suspect club will not provide additional cash over sales in the summer  and hope Brendan gets another job without having to pay him off when no extra cash is available.

4 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I genuinely think that, as long as we don't start to drop like a lead balloon in the league, the owners will give BR the summer to make some wholesale changes. I think they'll keep hold and judge him by where we are in October time. 

That being said, we've got some touch games coming up so he'll need to get a quick reaction - the games are going to come thick and fast now.

In my heart of hearts, I think this is probably right. 

The problem is, what worries me is Rodgers' perception of these players driving the "overhaul", I'm anxious about the very real possibility that his personality is the problem more than his perceived prima donnas, that he's failing to motivate professional footballers and not for the first time in his career. 

So he'll end up encouraging the club to get rid of what are actually pretty good assets because he can't manage them and then having to recruit far too many yesmen for him over the summer. 

We know that he has a habit of over reacting when things don't work, hence all the frantic formation changes and tactical changes that have cost us points. I'm not sure that's the steady hand I want leading the club through this "overhaul."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

From what I've been told that's the biggest stumbling block. That and the club don't want to perceived as not giving a manager time to sort it out 

I think most people can probably see that unless it gets REALLY bad, like relegation threatened bad and they have no other choice, he is going to be here until the Summer at least anyway

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

The problem is, what worries me is Rodgers' perception of these players driving the "overhaul", I'm anxious about the very real possibility that his personality is the problem more than his perceived prima donnas, that he's failing to motivate professional footballers and not for the first time in his career. 

So he'll end up encouraging the club to get rid of what are actually pretty good assets because he can't manage them and then having to recruit far too many yesmen for him over the summer

We know that he has a habit of over reacting when things don't work, hence all the frantic formation changes and tactical changes that have cost us points. I'm not sure that's the steady hand I want leading the club through this "overhaul."

This is exactly what I am expecting to happen.

9 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Wasn't that done via a transfer committee that brendan had limited influence over ???

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wasn't that done via a transfer committee that brendan had limited influence over ???

It might have been - no idea. However, what control has he had over signings here ? What control did he have with mistakes at Celtic ?

There seems to be a common factor with signings and Brendan. There are usually some absolute howlers. Is it always someone else fault with him. The players. The coach. The guy in charge of transfers. Seems an unlucky career to be fair. 

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It might have been - no idea. However, what control has he had over signings here ? What control did he have with mistakes at Celtic ?

There seems to be a common factor with signings and Brendan. There are usually some absolute howlers. Is it always someone else fault with him. The players. The coach. The guy in charge of transfers. Seems an unlucky career to be fair. 

Celtic had limited finances 

i know congerton has plenty of unanswered questions from his time at Sunderland 

I'm not sure how much of a stick you can beat someone with if you don’t know exactly what part they’ve played in stuff ?? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

So he'll end up encouraging the club to get rid of what are actually pretty good assets because he can't manage them and then having to recruit far too many yesmen for him over the summer. 

You could be right, but I've watched Man U and Spurs change manager after manager, but the the same players remain and they have the same issues 

6 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Spot on in my opinion 

I wouldnt say failure as no one expected us to be up there. However finishing 5th when youre 14 points clear of 5th place with 14 games to go was unacceptable. Not strengthening for two january transfer windows which could of helped us kick on was one of the main reasons we crumbled imo, i think West Ham will suffer the same fait having also not added to their squad.

Edited by South Shire Fox

8 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

I wouldnt say failure as no one expected us to be up there. However finishing 5th when youre 14 points clear of 5th place with 14 games to go was unacceptable. Not strengthening for two january transfer windows which could of helped us kick on was one of the main reasons we crumbled imo, i think West Ham will suffer the same fait having also not added to their squad.

Exactly! Last season all we needed in the Jan window was a cb on loan, and a creative player like Lingard (due to the injury of Vardy, and Maddison’s form declining). 

The January before needed similar too. 

Because when you think about it- that small amount of money spent in both Jan windows would have easily been paid back in the summer from the UCL money, and we wouldn’t have even noticed the slight debt. 

Edited by Chloe_77

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Celtic had limited finances 

i know congerton has plenty of unanswered questions from his time at Sunderland 

I'm not sure how much of a stick you can beat someone with if you don’t know exactly what part they’ve played in stuff ?? 

With the director of football model ditched, the transfer committee was formed.

During his three years at Anfield Rodgers always had the final say on signings and no player was brought in without him giving the deal the green light

I'm sorry but Brendan Rodgers is not that big that there needs to be a conspiracy here. 

26 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

lallana, Can, lovren all pretty successful, Lovren only moved in 2020 summer, Origi still there & Klopp must have extended his contract so should be classed as successful also?

You then conveniently miss off:- Sturridge (£12m), Gomez (£6m) Sakho (£15m), Toure & Milner (both free), Firmino (£29m), Coutinho (£8.5m)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Easy solution then, don't let him do the transfers. Ask him what type of players he wants and have some input in the decisions, but leave the final say down to the scouting team and Rudkin. Would like to see us get someone like Luis Campos, Michael Edwards or Monchi in to help assist Rudkin and co., with Congerton on the way out. (all probably unrealistic, but someone like them) 

Get Puel back as a technical director and Macia back in Congertons role :thumbup: