Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Anyone that has followed Rory in the past will know he will never give a balanced view on BR - he hates the bloke! 

You can't take anything that guy says about Leicester seriously, it was only two or three weeks ago he said on the true geordie podcast he hates Leicester and would like nothing more than to see us fail

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

lallana, Can, lovren all pretty successful, Lovren only moved in 2020 summer, Origi still there & Klopp must have extended his contract so should be classed as successful also?

You then conveniently miss off:- Sturridge (£12m), Gomez (£6m) Sakho (£15m), Toure & Milner (both free), Firmino (£29m), Coutinho (£8.5m)

I don't conveniently miss off anyone. This is the summer transfer window that Liverpool fans class as the rebuild under Rodgers. Read my post, I'm actually referencing why I have pulled this window up. I am told it was seen as a poor summer. I will say something though. I'd like to see Liverpool fans class Lovren and Sakho as successes. 

Nonetheless, if highlighting this is so wrong and he actually was part of a successful transfer committee (which apparently someone else thinks he wasnt). Why is ending up midtable and without a trophy with a club the size of Liverpool ? 

Flipping heck, we've been spanked rotten by a championship side. Embarrassed in 60 seconds. Can't defend a corner for our lives. Positional sense of a 5 year junior schools playground team but Rodgers signed Sturridge for £12m and I am throwing him under the bus ??

3 minutes ago, Nobbyburton said:

This guy has definitely got it in for Rodgers, but I can't argue with this.

I've been a big fan of Rodgers for the majority of the time he's been here, I think when he got us going we were seriously good and a joy to watch. But the longer this goes on the more I can't quite believe the way we fall to pieces time and time again. He has created an absolutely elite level of bottle-job mentality in this team, it really is insane when you put them all together - especially if you also consider how his Liverpool team fell to pieces. 

1. Losing a 14 point lead to finish 5th with 14 games to go. 
2. Basically the same exact thing happening again the season after, with even more opportunities to get it done.
3. Get beaten multiple times by teams that couldn’t buy a win in those seasons (Fulham home, Norwich away, Bournemouth away, Newcastle home stand out to me)
4. Losing league cup semi to Aston Villa in the last minute
5. Throwing away 3-1 lead to get knocked out league cup quarter final against Liverpool’s 3rd team. 

6. Absolutely horrific level of performances in a really bad Europa League group this season. 
7. Losing a game we were winning 2-1 at 95 mins at home. Still can't believe that actually happened. 
8. Getting absolutely humiliated by our local rivals, in the first game we've played against them in 8 years. 

They are just the big moments, you can also add plenty of performances like our last 2 trips to West Ham in to that level of 'can't quite believe what I'm watching here' standards. 

When we’re bad under Rodgers we are absolutely honking. Countless examples. There’s an additional list, twice the size of yours to be made. 

Whilst it is clear and we have gone off the boil, all the pop up stats seem to never mention the injury situation, its always framed from the negative, without any context. There is a serious point to be made here, but it is lost by never mentioning the injury situation, its like people are looking at final score only. I too am fearful he has blown it, actually run out of ideas, but beating him without acknowlodgement of context is bizarre.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Anyone that has followed Rory in the past will know he will never give a balanced view on BR - he hates the bloke! 

To be honest everything he says about him is true. 

He just purely states he isn't as good as a manager as the media makes out. Pundits are constantly calling him a top manager which just isn't true. 

Just now, Stevosevic said:

To be honest everything he says about him is true. 

He just purely states he isn't as good as a manager as the media makes out. Pundits are constantly calling him a top manager which just isn't true. 

Yes, but there is no context

4 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

You can slate Rodgers all you like, but the fact is, with a few notable exceptions yesterday, we had a team of players who didn't seem to care or even recognise that this was a derby game for us against a team we've historically hated. That is a problem.

It’s down to the manager to fire up the players but he clearly failed miserably 

• Like 1

Just now, chapero82 said:

It’s down to the manager to fire up the players but he clearly failed miserably 

No. In a derby game they hold some personal responsibility to be up for it. If they don't understand that then they are fair game for some fierce criticism.

1 minute ago, An Away Move said:

No. In a derby game they hold some personal responsibility to be up for it. If they don't understand that then they are fair game for some fierce criticism.

The whole team does from the manager to the players, let’s be honest we can count on one hand how many times we’ve looked up for it this season 

11 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I don't conveniently miss off anyone. This is the summer transfer window that Liverpool fans class as the rebuild under Rodgers. Read my post, I'm actually referencing why I have pulled this window up. I am told it was seen as a poor summer. I will say something though. I'd like to see Liverpool fans class Lovren and Sakho as successes. 

Nonetheless, if highlighting this is so wrong and he actually was part of a successful transfer committee (which apparently someone else thinks he wasnt). Why is ending up midtable and without a trophy with a club the size of Liverpool ? 

Flipping heck, we've been spanked rotten by a championship side. Embarrassed in 60 seconds. Can't defend a corner for our lives. Positional sense of a 5 year junior schools playground team but Rodgers signed Sturridge for £12m and I am throwing him under the bus ??

What's classed as a rebuild season as he bought just as many players in the windows either side of the window you refer to, so rebuilding in 3 consecutive seasons??

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, but there is no context

When posters talk injuries , which of course is valid , the underlying reasoning is the absence of Fofana. Of course he is a fine player , at £30 million he should be . Premiership teams simply must be able to cope without players though. I would suggest that even if he had been fit and Evans as well, we would still have had defensive problems . The high line possession football that is Rodgers's passion requires the very highest class of defenders and midfielders and we simply do not have that.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

When posters talk injuries , which of course is valid , the underlying reasoning is the absence of Fofana. Of course he is a fine player , at £30 million he should be . Premiership teams simply must be able to cope without players though. I would suggest that even if he had been fit and Evans as well, we would still have had defensive problems . The high line possession football that is Rodgers's passion requires the very highest class of defenders and midfielders and we simply do not have that.

Perhaps, but the very fact these two (seemingly) critical players injuries/unavailability is not acknowledged, undermines all the resentment and renders it little more than dummy spitting. I do feel there is a serious point here, but without adding this context, it feels negative for negatives sake.

31 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

lallana, Can, lovren all pretty successful, Lovren only moved in 2020 summer, Origi still there & Klopp must have extended his contract so should be classed as successful also?

You then conveniently miss off:- Sturridge (£12m), Gomez (£6m) Sakho (£15m), Toure & Milner (both free), Firmino (£29m), Coutinho (£8.5m)

They don't match the narrative though 👍🤣

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

I think most people can probably see that unless it gets REALLY bad, like relegation threatened bad and they have no other choice, he is going to be here until the Summer at least anyway

I'd suspect so, but given the manner of some of the defeats in this last stop start 6 games spanning a couple of months it's a huge concern that I don't see how he overturns it and the board will be aware of that. I think another 2 or 3 defeats in close succession and they'll be under huge pressure to act.

The last years results are as bad as Claude Puel's, it's just we were in the top 4 and won a cup whilst all this has gone south.

Honestly who do people want to get in if we got rid?? 

He’s not blameless but the players must take the brunt of this. Rodgers selected a decent (on paper) side, the players showed no passion or desire against one of our biggest rivals as defending champions. That’s unforgivable.

Big summer coming up and honestly I’d only be gutted to lose Justin, Fofana, Ndidi and Daka. The rest could easily go 

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

What's classed as a rebuild season as he bought just as many players in the windows either side of the window you refer to, so rebuilding in 3 consecutive seasons??

Good point. He seemed to be a bit trigger happy with transfers. Perhaps too many incomings over three years ? I dont think you can class each window in isolation as a success. two or three good/very good signings. But a fair few flops. 

Are we now saying he did have control over the transfer committee ? Not that I care - Liverpool after Suarez went had the same tendencies that we did. 6-1 defeat against Stoke stands out for example. 

I'm struggling to understand what point we are trying to prove here ? He is good at signings or bad at signings. Or doesnt get involved in signings ? The fact is he oversaw a substantial incomings and outgoings at Liverpool and the squad was overhauled. It was a very disappointing Liverpool side when he left. 

Liverpool 2012/2013 finished 7th FYI - decent transfer window. 

Liverpool - 2013/2014 finished 2nd - excellent season. Really enjoyed watching them actually. 

Liverpool - 2014/2015 - finished 6th - lost Suarez - massive loss - had a few injuries too. However, most of what came in, flopped for the standards expected. So

Liverpool 2015/2016 - sacked - 10th when he left. 

He was a downward spiral at Liverpool from the first season to the last. There are the facts. I dont know why I am telling you this or what this proves but BR reign a Liverpool was not some amazing success that needed to happen. Jurgen Klopp still makes Liverpool what they are without Brendan's tenure. 

Signings aside, I dont have faith him to take us forward because I dont think any team or its fans should become accustomed to embarrassing collapses. Losing games from winning positions. Conceding for fun. Weak mentality. What is he going buy in the summer to change that ? Why has he not bought that given the weaknesses over the last two years that is going to change this summer. What is it that you trying to tell me I've got wrong ? 

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm sure we could, but would only do so if our league position was getting really desperate (like with Ranieri in 2017).

There's all sorts of rumours but, does anyone know, in cold hard cash terms, how much it would roughly cost to sack him? I once heard 17m speculated but that seems a hell of a lot.

4 minutes ago, Staffs Fox said:

He’s not blameless but the players must take the brunt of this. Rodgers selected a decent (on paper) side, the players showed no passion or desire against one of our biggest rivals as defending champions. That’s unforgivable.

Big summer coming up and honestly I’d only be gutted to lose Justin, Fofana, Ndidi and Daka. The rest could easily go 

Tactically for me, it wasn’t a decent team on paper whatsoever. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Staffs Fox said:

I’m not picking on you in particular by replying to this but a lot of Rodgers defenders are now falling back on the ‘its the players fault’ narrative. I’m not buying it. Yes the players aren’t blameless and should take some responsibility but the ultimate responsibility lies with the manager.

It says a lot about the culture at the club that the players are immediately on the lash until the early hours of Monday morning after the most embarrassing defeat of the season with a game in 3 days. As a manager of premier league players and athletes, that should not be happening on your watch but it does and consistently because Rodgers has no control and the players don’t respect him. 

I don’t usually slate players for going out but after such a defeat, with a game in 3 days AFTER 2 whole weeks off its unacceptable. The only person to blame is Rodgers for allowing such a culture to fester.

• Like 1