Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Staffs Fox said:

Honestly who do people want to get in if we got rid?? 

He’s not blameless but the players must take the brunt of this. Rodgers selected a decent (on paper) side, the players showed no passion or desire against one of our biggest rivals as defending champions. That’s unforgivable.

Big summer coming up and honestly I’d only be gutted to lose Justin, Fofana, Ndidi and Daka. The rest could easily go 

But I would have thought it is his job to motivate the players and set up formations and structure. None of this seemed apparent yesterday and he should certainly take a major part of the blame. He had the opportunity at half time to give a bollocking but the players came out as sloppy as in the first half so he is no way blameless.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Staffs Fox said:

Honestly who do people want to get in if we got rid?? 

He’s not blameless but the players must take the brunt of this. Rodgers selected a decent (on paper) side, the players showed no passion or desire against one of our biggest rivals as defending champions. That’s unforgivable.

Big summer coming up and honestly I’d only be gutted to lose Justin, Fofana, Ndidi and Daka. The rest could easily go 

But then the questions put to the manager of why there's no passion or desire. Surely part of his job is to get the players up for it? 

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

There's all sorts of rumours but, does anyone know, in cold hard cash terms, how much it would roughly cost to sack him? I once heard 17m speculated but that seems a hell of a lot.

It'll be around a year's wages £9-10m. There might be some legal wrangling if he were to not get another job for the rest of his 3.5 years he's got on his contract but essentially there's usually clauses in managerial contracts that they get a years severance but no more if they get a job again within a year or two.

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

There's all sorts of rumours but, does anyone know, in cold hard cash terms, how much it would roughly cost to sack him? I once heard 17m speculated but that seems a hell of a lot.

Whatever the figure is, if it got to the point where relegation was a distinct possibility, could the club afford NOT to sack him?

Just now, Ric Flair said:

It'll be around a year's wages £9-10m. There might be some legal wrangling if he were to not get another job for the rest of his 3.5 years he's got on his contract but essentially there's usually clauses in managerial contracts that they get a years severance but no more if they get a job again within a year or two.

Thanks 👍🏻 

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I just cannot take these humiliations anymore. You get the odd one happen to any team but this is becoming habitual at this point.

In our last six games, we have:

- Bottled a 1-3 lead against one of the weakest Liverpool XI's you'll see, and obviously lost the shootout

- Gone 4-0 down at Man City within 20 minutes

- Lost a game we were winning after 94:52

- Lost 4-1 to a Championship Forest, a genuinely big game for the club

That's in the last six games!!!! Every one of them is humiliation in its own right. How can anyone not be appalled by this? We're an absolute vile laughing stock of a team.

Rodgers has two massive flaws. I always wondered how despite some of what you could perceive as overperformance, he's never really been that big a hit with any fanbase he's been the manager of. These are his self-preservation, which the media will fall for and obviously pile onto jumped up Leicester for when the assassins bullet is delivered, and his total lack of emphasis on the psychological side of the game. There is no way this happens to him this many times by accident. It just can't.

Nothing could sum the latter up more than giving the armband to a player who has clearly lost any hunger and knows he's off in the summer.

He's got to go. He's dragging us down at this point. He's on a fortune of a wage and we're getting probably as bad a managerial performance as anybody in the league this season. Get him out before any more damage is done. I've erred on the side of wanting him out for a lot of this season but that earlier really is unforgivable and there's no way back from that.

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

I’m not picking on you in particular by replying to this but a lot of Rodgers defenders are now falling back on the ‘its the players fault’ narrative. I’m not buying it. Yes the players aren’t blameless and should take some responsibility but the ultimate responsibility lies with the manager.

It says a lot about the culture at the club that the players are immediately on the lash until the early hours of Monday morning after the most embarrassing defeat of the season with a game in 3 days. As a manager of premier league players and athletes, that should not be happening on your watch but it does and consistently because Rodgers has no control and the players don’t respect him. 

I don’t usually slate players for going out but after such a defeat, with a game in 3 days AFTER 2 whole weeks off its unacceptable. The only person to blame is Rodgers for allowing such a culture to fester.

YES YES YES.

It isn't just him either, 2 or 3 of the players need shipping out as well. A new era at this club should begin this summer.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

but thankfully it won't cost us anything to get Colin in as he's a free agent & looking for 1 last gig before fully retiring :celebrate:

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Whilst it is clear and we have gone off the boil, all the pop up stats seem to never mention the injury situation, its always framed from the negative, without any context. There is a serious point to be made here, but it is lost by never mentioning the injury situation, its like people are looking at final score only. I too am fearful he has blown it, actually run out of ideas, but beating him without acknowlodgement of context is bizarre.

We have a squad.  A few weeks ago we introduced Brunt into the defence;  he acquitted himself very well;  he has now been dropped from sight.  OK, he is young, but he was competing against Premier quality players and did very well, so why not give him another go? Equally Hamza, who Rodgers avoids bringing on at all costs, has been plunged into the side twice recently, and let nobody down.  Nelson has been in the matchday squad several times but not given a go. Rodgers has players to fill in for these defensive injuries but refuses to use them.

• Like 1

Sick of him now. It's evident to everyone but him that we are going backwards and he isn't addressing any of the glaringly obvious issues. It won't be a knee jerk reaction to sack him, he has been given time but clearly isn't capable of making the required changes to get us back on track. 

17 minutes ago, TheStig said:

But I would have thought it is his job to motivate the players and set up formations and structure. None of this seemed apparent yesterday and he should certainly take a major part of the blame. He had the opportunity at half time to give a bollocking but the players came out as sloppy as in the first half so he is no way blameless.

...they seemed less motivated when they came out in the second half!!!

Substitutions being made with no real shape to the team, probably confused the players more.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, deep blue said:

We have a squad.  A few weeks ago we introduced Brunt into the defence;  he acquitted himself very well;  he has now been dropped from sight.  OK, he is young, but he was competing against Premier quality players and did very well, so why not give him another go? Equally Hamza, who Rodgers avoids bringing on at all costs, has been plunged into the side twice recently, and let nobody down.  Nelson has been in the matchday squad several times but not given a go. Rodgers has players to fill in for these defensive injuries but refuses to use them.

Hardly ideal to expect a youngster (Brunt) to be the sudden first choice, every chance of damaging his development with that pressue

Hamza, is a bit of an odd one, he was suddenly marvellous in that game, but went, have to assume he does not do it enough on the training ground, as what other choice do we have  :dunno:

Or maybe he is on the naughty step.....

13 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

but thankfully it won't cost us anything to get Colin in as he's a free agent & looking for 1 last gig before fully retiring :celebrate:

No Neil Warnock team would have lost a game they were winning when they had a defensive free kick with 30 seconds to go. Kasper would still be standing there waiting to take it when the Brighton game kicked off. He's the Guardiola of time wasting.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

I dont want him sacked, I don't think it'll improve things long term but it has an air of inevitably now 

As usual, I agree with you Webbo. I'm a big fan of Rodgers and I'm hugely grateful for all he's done while at the club but I just don't see him turning this around. I think there's a pretty serious disconnect between manager and players and that's going to be hard to reconcile.

Hope I'm wrong but yesterday felt like the nadir. Horrible effort, horrible tactics, horrible work rate, horrible attitude and a horrible atmosphere. 

18 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Substitutions being made with no real shape to the team, probably confused the players more.

Exactly this, getting a goal back before HT have us a fighting chance, the entire 2nd half was equally as dire and mundane as the 1st, and we lose the second half 1-0! The whole game was a shambles from start to finish, just utterly pathetic!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lutterworth Fox said:

2 or 3? More like 5 or 6. Tielemans, Vestergaard, Bertrand, Perez, Choudhury, Amartey etc etc

22 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

and Soyuncu has to go 

Hamza, Tielemans and Cags are the main ones for me.

If we can find buyers for Perez, Bertrand and Vestegaard then yep, I'd sell them too. Can't see anyone paying what we'd want though.

Can see Evans, Vardy and Kasper all going in the summer of 2023 as well.

A massive clear out and a new era will be upon us soon, get it wrong and we may find ourselves flirting with relegation in the next couple of seasons.

22 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

2 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Exactly this, getting a goal back before HT have us a fighting chance, the entire 2nd half was equally as dire and mundane as the 1st, and we lose the second half 1-0! The whole game was a shambles from start to finish, just utterly pathetic!

What he did made no sense to me, if anyone can explain it then fair enough. If the formation or the tactics were wrong, change it at 2 or 3-0, why wait until we scored a goal, got back into the game, then change it? We then concede a 4th and he changes it again.

His decision making leaves a lot to be desired, and I think the players have finally had enough of it. Look at JJs comments after the Brighton game.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

in our last 32 games, we've won 12, drawn 7 and lost 12 in all competitions....  which is a 37% (ish) win rate.....  Pule in 67 games had 23 wins, 18 draws and 26 loses.....

So he is roughly run rating at the Claude Puel level, but getting paid a kings ransom to play what is effectively the same style of football.

his style is outdated now. virtually all teams work hard, hustle, close down.

Apparently we don't. 

We risk getting left behind if we don't make a change soon. 

just for some balance... in the previous 32 games to the ones listed above....

20 Wins, 8 Draws and 6 Losses - so a 62% win rate (give or take)

it's an alarming slide.... SOME of which I think can be attributed to the Injuries.  But it's a managers job to navigate those issues. To manage training levels, address tiredness etc. 

64 games, 32 wins, 15 draws and 18 losses across all competitions is decent. it's a 50% win rate.... he's picking up points in 73% of games.... (across 64 games) 

We are currently picking up points in 60% of our games....

but's it's the nature of the slide that is alarming us. 

Edited by Greg2607
additional info

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

This is my kind of guy!

The kind of guy that consistently says clubs aren't 'allowed' to be in the top six because they arent part of the traditional "big six"

The guy is a bellend tbh, he tried to champion himself as some sort of speaker of the people on youtube about the super league proposal after spending the season before telling everybody clubs like us didn't deserve to be in the top six because we wernt "big" enough

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

It was but if Lookman decides to stay on his feet, and not dive, then he goes through and we have a good chance of 3-2. Instead they make it 4-1 minutes later.