Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I am not defending him either, but nor will I froth at the mouth and demand his instant dismissal based on the fact it would be sensible to make a change in the Summer if a change is still proven to be warranted.

I’m a bit more chilled about it now. Last night emotions were high and it was time for him to go. In the cold light of another day, let him see out the season because nobody else is going to save it for us. Wait for a better option instead of rushing. Rushing got us Vestergaard and Bertrand.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Not sure that's true, if the summer is about a rebuild, how much of the summer do we want to waste on a manager merry-go-round instead of focusing on buying/selling players? Would make more sense to get someone in now to have a chance to evaluate the team (especially in a nothing season like this) and then take swift and decisive action when the summer window opens. Even if we got a new manager in early doors in the summer, they are going to need to actually see us play and train before making any judgements, hence we'd have to wait another year to start the rebuild.

Sorry, I should have said when the season is over, not waiting until the Summer wi Dow opens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry, I should have said when the season is over, not waiting until the Summer wi Dow opens.

Even then though, that new manager isn't going to be watching us play, train or have a chance to implement any ideas on the pitch to see what it is we need to change. In that position it's impossible to see what we need and where in terms of players, let alone orchestrate a massive rebuild. 

Edited by SecretPro

Just now, SecretPro said:

Even then though, that new manager isn't going to watching us play, train or implement any ideas on the pitch to see what it is we need to change. In that position it's impossible to see what we need and where in terms of players, let alone orchestrated a massive rebuild. 

Suppose, but there would be plenty of videos and stats the new manager could use. Anyway, isn’t it possible feelers would go out before Summer anyway?

57 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I'd say our situation to west hams was rather different, the first time round we were playing Liverpool just before the turn of the year in second. We had such a gap between ourselves and fourth at one point we weren't even considered to be in the race. We were to finish third and fourth was between Chelsea and Man utd. Then we end up fifth some how. 

West ham have been around the area all season but haven't pulled away. I also think alot more was expected of our team (and manager) than what's expected of Moyes and this West ham side (rightly or wrongly). Because ultimately individually had we not been in this rot for so long, most if not all would say man for man our players are better than West ham. They however at the moment are performing brilliantly as a team. But then that's thanks to the manager. 

Yes - our falling away towards the end of the 2019-2020 re-start season (after the rot had started to set in after Liverpool at home on Boxing Day 2019), was definitely more spectacular than Spurs version of it in the Prem. title winning season re finishing third in a two horse race!  

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Just a quick question for those who say we should wait until the summer. If the club drops to say 14th/15th. Do you think this might affect our appeal to certain types of managers or are we going to attract the same type of manager regardless of position. 

I would think with our current setup and infrastructure and the club plans in place, and also having the attraction of being a Prem club and the kind of wages we can offer to a manager I don't think our targets would differ that much really

IF Rodgers got binned I can't see us going out for a big time manager or anything like that anyway, most likely be someone unemployed or someone at a small club elsewhere that is doing well and would happily take the next step up

Edited by moore_94

I understand fans have loyalty to Brendan because of the FA cup win and his first two season. But this season has been dire. There's been a couple of fantastic wins against Man Utd and Liverpool. Other than that the football and mentality has been forgettable. We've also been bad in matches with mostly first teamers. Brendan's openly said in the press he can't take us any further and hinted about wanting to work for a richer club. He's reached his peak and he wants out. So is it any wonder the team performances are elsewhere too? It's not a question of if. It's a question of when. I hope Rudkin has plenty of managers on the phone.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

If even Simon Jordan of all people is telling you to look in the mirror instead of blaming everybody else then time's up. You're even losing your biggest cheerleader. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Koke said:

If even Simon Jordan of all people is telling you to look in the mirror instead of blaming everybody else then time's up. You're even losing your biggest cheerleader. 

Ha I just watched this clip this morning! I'm glad others have seen it too. Was a pretty fair and transparent assessment of BR, the team and our club right now. There is no mystery it appears to our bizarro performances. Someone needs to throw down the hammer and I fear it might have to be Top. I have no idea how he is in comparison to his dad but I'm sure in business they've had many experiences of sub par performances that need to be rectified with stern action. Top has been his dad's right hand man and now must take some action as the boss as difficult as it may be. Sentiments have to be put to one side. The club needs to get back into orbit as we have been veering off into dangerous territory. Last thing we want is a nasty fracture between the manager and coaches and the team as it will get toxic especially if a blame game ensues. Interesting what happens by the end of this week. My take is nothing less than a fight back against Liverpool (win or lose) and if we win it has to be followed by another good performance. Anything other than this and heads have to roll. I don't want to rock the boat too badly that it sinks but a warning shot across the bow maybe ie, threaten to fire Kolo as an example so BR feels the heat? Players should be dropped too and replaced by the academy stars to further set an example. We gotta do something as this malaise can't continue its bloody ridiculous.

He's also too stubborn to bring someone in to help him. Whether that's an experienced coach, an ex manager, perhaps someone from abroad. You sometimes need that different perspective. Fergie was a master at it bringing in the likes of Carlos Quieroz, Walter Smith etc

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

He's also too stubborn to bring someone in to help him. Whether that's an experienced coach, an ex manager, perhaps someone from abroad. You sometimes need that different perspective. Fergie was a master at it bringing in the likes of Carlos Quieroz, Walter Smith etc

One thing I've noticed too. The coaching staff doesn't appear to be very experienced. I personally think that Lampard taking Paul Clement to Everton with him is a masterstroke. 

• Like 3

The media have finally opened there eyes and noticed what we’ve been seeing and suffering with for what seems like an eternity! They normally won’t have a bad word for him. He’s under severe pressure now and if he can’t sort this situation out his reputation he cares so much about will be in tatters especially after his last prem job with Liverpool ended so well. 

• Like 2