Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

54 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

a warning shot across the bow maybe ie, threaten to fire Kolo as an example so BR feels the heat?

....Rodgers backroom are a team, they follow him, if you try to use one as a example it will only prove that you are too weak to go after the big fish!!!

If Rodgers says no, then what do you do, you would have backed yourself into a corner and the only way out is either to back down or do the thing you were afraid to do and the expense that would bring.

You either trust him to do the job and have a conversation of how best to support him or you let him go and take a look at who is out there.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
12 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

He’s staying isn’t he -pity

He’s going nowhere

TOO….MUCH…. POWER

He’ll throw the players under the bus and Top will still not sack him I don’t believe 

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

He’s going nowhere

TOO….MUCH…. POWER

He’ll throw the players under the bus and Top will still not sack him I don’t believe 

He had a dig at the fans for booing a couple months ago- the performances for the most part have been uninspiring this season, so what does he expect the reaction of the fans to be? It’s been a problem all season- again he will never take any accountability. It’s always someone else’s problem in his eyes

Edited by Chloe_77

11 minutes ago, Chloe_77 said:

He had a dig at the fans for booing a couple months ago- the performances for the most part have been uninspiring this season, so what does he expect the reaction of the fans to be? It’s been a problem all season- again he will never take any accountability. It’s always someone else’s problem in his eyes

I would suggest he had already lost the dressing room, otherwise I cannot see him so aggressively attacking his players 

• Like 3

Guest David Oldfields Gate
24 minutes ago, Chloe_77 said:

Good point, when we dig out the players he gets irked. When he does it however it's "good management".

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

One thing I've noticed too. The coaching staff doesn't appear to be very experienced. I personally think that Lampard taking Paul Clement to Everton with him is a masterstroke. 

Same with Gerrard taking McAllister to Rangers and Villa.

Our coaching staff are not good either. Also I notice Rodgers is mainly alone on the touchline, Davies rarely moves, so much contrast to Ranieri/Shakespeare and Pearson/Shakespeare who were always near each other exchanging ideas.

10 minutes ago, Koke said:

This guy has a long standing agenda against Rodgers but you can't argue with what he's saying here. He's 100 percent correct. 

He’s not wrong though is he…

The FA Cup win clouds a lot…

Southampton should have beaten us in the Semi and Chelsea spent the final trying not to get injured. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, seanymac said:

Fans complaining about recruitment now.  Jesus.  Daka not good enough for you? James Justin, Wesley Fofana, these guys not cutting the mustard for you? MY NEXT manager would be one who wins everything and recruits well and plays exciting football. And is cheap.  

I'll not blame him entirely for the recruitment here, as although he's demanded Lee Congerton come in as Head of Recruitment, I do think we will still have a similar model to what was done before on signings and Rudkin signs off on it. But Congerton and Rodgers have a horrendous track record elsewhere at signing players and especially rebuilds. Look at Liverpool with Rodgers and Hamburg and Sunderland for Congerton and if you don't vomit then you're made of stronger stuff than I.

His effectiveness as an elite coach is wearing off, we're in a 1 year long slump in the league and we've been a disgrace in Europe and the domestic cups in the last several weeks. We're free falling and he's not got the track record to fix it.

It's the end of the road for him.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

5th isn't a failure. Regardless of circumstance. For us, it's big. 

He's right though that it's misleading. It's not a cast iron failure but the circumstances make it a huge blot on our copy book twice and it given the continued slump its hard to ignore.

• Like 2

Contrary to what most think on here I actually believe he does want to be here and he's desperate to get to the end of the season and restructure on his terms. 

Everything I hear from him now is about the future. 

I still don't think he should have the chance. 

I don't think his recent comments regarding players are such a bad thing. Time after time he's defended the players following awful performances, and that in itself angers the fan base. I think it's been coming, his last few interviews he's looked noticeably stressed and frustrated at having to defend players, he looked like a man who didn't believe his own words.

I think its come to a point now where he can feel the pressure and realises some of the player are indefensible so has just spoken the truth. What's the worse that can happen? players down tools? that already happened weeks ago.

Rodgers has lost the dressing room and is on borrowed time, that's as clear as anything.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I don't think his recent comments regarding players are such a bad thing. Time after time he's defended the players following awful performances, and that in itself angers the fan base. I think it's been coming, his last few interviews he's looked noticeably stressed and frustrated at having to defend players, he looked like a man who didn't believe his own words.

I think its come to a point now where he can feel the pressure and realises some of the player are indefensible so has just spoken the truth. What's the worse that can happen? players down tools? that already happened weeks ago.

Rodgers has lost the dressing room and is on borrowed time, that's as clear as anything.

You shouldn't thrown stones if you're in a glass house. Whatever that means 

10 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Contrary to what most think on here I actually believe he does want to be here and he's desperate to get to the end of the season and restructure on his terms. 

Everything I hear from him now is about the future. 

I still don't think he should have the chance. 

Hes a savvy bloke, im shocked how many people are ignoring their own eyes and lapping up his narrative.

2 minutes ago, NasPb said:

You shouldn't thrown stones if you're in a glass house. Whatever that means 

Oh yes, plenty of blame and criticism still needs to be put on his but no amount of tactics, team talks or training can be responsible for how that lot of jokers played at the end of the Tottenham game and throughout the Forest game.

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's right though that it's misleading. It's not a cast iron failure but the circumstances make it a huge blot on our copy book twice and it given the continued slump its hard to ignore.

Only for people who don’t see a season as a whole, and I think this is what a lot fail to grasp at times. 
Over 38 games you finish where you deserve to finish, the true fact is Man Utd and us both had terrible runs of form just at different times in the season. Likewise with Chelsea the following season. 
Before the start of either season 5th would have been seen as success, throwing in the FA Cup as well is a hugely successful season for most PL teams. 

• Like 2