Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 hours ago, Chloe_77 said:

If it’s two humiliations, and the players look disinterested then that’s when the club will get involved in my opinion.

However If it’s two 2-0 losses then i think Rodgers will somehow be let off the hook. Let’s be honest it’ll be more then 2-0 at either match😂

Never, Liverpool yes maybe. But If we turn up not confident of beating West Ham at home then we may as well not bother. Have to be going for all 3 in that one.

• Like 1

Numerous fans on this forum realised this in the summer, instead he signed players like Vestergaard & Soumare. Losing players like Big Wes and not properly replacing him, has proven to be a silly mistake.

And some people had the audacity to laugh at my suggestion of signing Gary Cahill :mad:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Numerous fans on this forum realised this in the summer, instead he signed players like Vestergaard & Soumare. Losing players like Big Wes and not properly replacing him, has proven to be a silly mistake.

And some people had the audacity to laugh at my suggestion of signing Gary Cahill :mad:

Exactly, Why hasn’t he signed any then ?

Rodgers has put this squad together, only got himself to blame.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Don’t think the Liverpool result will impact anything, but the level of performance should. West Ham might even be the same tbh.

Not unless God arrives and raises Evans and Fofana from the dead.

1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

Never, Liverpool yes maybe. But If we turn up not confident of beating West Ham at home then we may as well not bother. Have to be going for all 3 in that one.

...if there is a team that has our number, it is West Ham!!!

I would more likely expect a result from the Liverpool game than anything from  West Ham.

This game tomorrow is very hard to assess due to the performance on Sunday and Rodgers comments after the game. The players reaction will be interesting and I suspect the team sheet will be much changed if Rodgers reaction to what he saw backs up his comments. 

The thing about lacking leaders is quite generic though. It's the same as saying someone with grit and determination is needed when losing games that are turgid and boring. The clubs soft underbelly isn't to do with leadership on the pitch IMO, don't forget we've been a disgrace at times with Kasper, Morgan, Fuchs, Evans, Albrighton and Vardy but its easy to think that leadership is the difference between collapsing or succeeding.

It certainly has a part in it, but you could have 11 ex captains out there and it not be right. What I see is a crisis of confidence.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if there is a team that has our number, it is West Ham!!!

I would more likely expect a result from the Liverpool game than anything from  West Ham.

This game tomorrow is very hard to assess due to the performance on Sunday and Rodgers comments after the game. The players reaction will be interesting and I suspect the team sheet will be much changed if Rodgers reaction to what he saw backs up his comments. 

I just can't see him making big changes, or what I would call meaningful changes. It's been reported from today's press conference that it will be pretty much the same squad as Sunday (that's to be expected with our squad size). Is he going to drop bigger names such as Tielemans and Soyuncu when he will want to beat Liverpool? These are two whose performances have been off it for a while and have shown to lack some fight and desire against Forest. 

Or is he going to go safe and drop the likes of Thomas, Justin, Barnes etc  who have put the effort in but have been inconsistent. Definitely safer options as the players he will replace them with are of similar quality.

He certainly has a chance to back up his comments and make a statement with his team selection. I just dont know if he will make those changes against a team like Liverpool. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The thing about lacking leaders is quite generic though. It's the same as saying someone with grit and determination is needed when losing games that are turgid and boring. The clubs soft underbelly isn't to do with leadership on the pitch IMO, don't forget we've been a disgrace at times with Kasper, Morgan, Fuchs, Evans, Albrighton and Vardy but its easy to think that leadership is the difference between collapsing or succeeding.

It certainly has a part in it, but you could have 11 ex captains out there and it not be right. What I see is a crisis of confidence.

I would say you have hit the nail on the head.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

You don't have to be an experienced player to be a leader.

Players like Steven Gerrard and Roy Keane were leaders of their teams in their early/mid 20's.

It's about players attitude, determination and wanting to win not their experience. 

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If Brendan drops an underperforming Soyuncu or less so, but still suspect Amartey, for Vestergaard, would people moan prior to kick off? Genuine question.

Personally no, Vestergaard hasn't been good enough but for me Soyuncu has been well below the standard and continually looks sloppy on the ball and lazy in his approach to defending. He needs dropping for me, if it's for Vestergaard so be it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

Dunno I work with a Bournemouth fan who says Cahill has been a great big waste of time and that’s why they’ve spent a lot on an loan in Nat Williams 

1 minute ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Personally no, Vestergaard hasn't been good enough but for me Soyuncu has been well below the standard and continually looks sloppy on the ball and lazy in his approach to defending. He needs dropping for me, if it's for Vestergaard so be it.

Soyuncu was brilliant 2years ago.

Whats happened? has he been mismanaged....a fallout with Brendan or is being played or been told to play differently 

3 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Realise it is devil/deep blue sea type question, but I would not be outraged  

Just now, LcFc_Smiv said:

Agree, and unlikely we'll play a high press vs Liverpool. I think it will be a 3 atb, with Ndidi, Justin and one other player. Wouldn't surprise me if chose Brunt, and he is left-sided, although would be a massive call to put him in against Liverpool. Vestergaard also plays on the left-side of a 3-man defence for Denmark. 

1 minute ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

We as a team were brilliant two years ago. What happened? 

Speaking to mates who are Celtic fans they say the same about themselves under Rodgers, to begin with, unbelievable, by the end, unbearable.

Ditto my Liverpool supporting pals

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Whats happened? has he been mismanaged....a fallout with Brendan or is being played or been told to play differently 

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Cannot imagine Euro 2020 helped

Thinking about it, his form started to fall at the start of 2020, and got worse after the restart. He started the following season well but his form went when the pressure was on towards the end of the season, especially vs Newcastle and Spurs. 

He's better with Evans alongside him, or more recently Ndidi. But when the heat is on, he struggles. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

You don't have to be an experienced player to be a leader.

Players like Steven Gerrard and Roy Keane were leaders of their teams in their early/mid 20's.

It's about players attitude, determination and wanting to win not their experience. 

I’m not necessarily talking about experience.

It’s about getting in the right character, who’s key attribute is leadership.

We lost our main leader in Big Wes, we replaced him with bloody Vestergaard. Someone like Cahill was there to be snapped up, he happens to be experienced, but the key thing is that he has leadership qualities.

Teams have certain players like that to call upon, we don’t.

From our team I believe that Schmeichel & Evans are the only two who are captain material, I’ve never looked at the likes of Albrighton & Vardy and thought “Captain”. 

41 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He had one brilliant season. 

Perhaps he's just not that good.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1