Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

The thing about lacking leaders is quite generic though. It's the same as saying someone with grit and determination is needed when losing games that are turgid and boring. The clubs soft underbelly isn't to do with leadership on the pitch IMO, don't forget we've been a disgrace at times with Kasper, Morgan, Fuchs, Evans, Albrighton and Vardy but its easy to think that leadership is the difference between collapsing or succeeding.

It certainly has a part in it, but you could have 11 ex captains out there and it not be right. What I see is a crisis of confidence.

...those players I would say are not your archetypal skippers!!!

They are seasoned professionals who are professional in what they do on the pitch, and have their own internal discipline!!!

A skipper is someone that takes control of other players and instill the discipline that they have lost at that moment, and lifting the players around him by taking them out of themselves.

Transmitting by word or deed, the reason to stand up with him, in those moments of adversity, defines a leader.

Confidence can come and go and is fickle, a leader takes that uncertainty out of the equation and ask his team to believe in him.

What ever you do or have done in life, there is always a situation where as soon as a certain person is inserted into the situation, your are immediately relieved and your previous mood is lifted.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

If Brendan drops an underperforming Soyuncu or less so, but still suspect Amartey, for Vestergaard, would people moan prior to kick off? Genuine question.

Yes, Vestergaard doesn't deserve to start if he was the last football player on earth.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

You don't have to be an experienced player to be a leader.

Players like Steven Gerrard and Roy Keane were leaders of their teams in their early/mid 20's.

It's about players attitude, determination and wanting to win not their experience. 

The irony is that's Youri Tielemans who trains and lives his life dedicated to football and is so determined to succeed, hence his monumental performances in the quart final through to the final and his sheer devastation at the final whistle vs Spurs when the rest of the players, even Vardy weren't anywhere near as effected at throwing it away. Tielemans is regularly questioned as not being a strong enough leader, its absolute rubbish.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So you would rather stick with Cags then? Or go youth for full on risk against Liverpool?

The football Liverpool play would expose Vestergaard more than Lesley Grantham on a webcam. He was horrifying when he came on in the cup vs them. Soyuncu is a liability this season and I'd not start him either right now. Ndidi is hardly Baresi at the back but given how iffy he's been as a DCM this season and that we've kept 2 clean sheets with him and Amartey at CB where emphasis is not on playing out from the back uneccesarily which is often our downfall then I'd go with them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The football Liverpool play would expose Vestergaard more than Lesley Grantham on a webcam. He was horrifying when he came on in the cup vs them. Soyuncu is a liability this season and I'd not start him either right now. Ndidi is hardly Baresi at the back but given how iffy he's been as a DCM this season and that we've kept 2 clean sheets with him and Amartey at CB where emphasis is not on playing out from the back uneccesarily which is often our downfall then I'd go with them. 

Well why not play Vestergaard but tell him not to venture further forward, feck it, he can sit on Kasper’s knee for all I care, and get him to ping some of those balls forward he can do occasionally, then leave Wilf to stink up his normal position.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

If Brendan drops an underperforming Soyuncu or less so, but still suspect Amartey, for Vestergaard, would people moan prior to kick off? Genuine question.

...what ever team he picks, and with that scenario I would understand it to be a reaction to his previous comments!!!

I would not be worried because it would be his answer to the beginning of his rebuild. He has to do what he believes is correct, it will either prove to be correct or be the rope to hang himself.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The irony is that's Youri Tielemans who trains and lives his life dedicated to football and is so determined to succeed, hence his monumental performances in the quart final through to the final and his sheer devastation at the final whistle vs Spurs when the rest of the players, even Vardy weren't anywhere near as effected at throwing it away. Tielemans is regularly questioned as not being a strong enough leader, its absolute rubbish.

Agreed, I thought before Tielemans should be captain. I know people criticised him being captain on Sunday given he wants to leave.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if there is a team that has our number, it is West Ham!!!

I would more likely expect a result from the Liverpool game than anything from  West Ham.

This game tomorrow is very hard to assess due to the performance on Sunday and Rodgers comments after the game. The players reaction will be interesting and I suspect the team sheet will be much changed if Rodgers reaction to what he saw backs up his comments. 

Fair comment. Personally I don't see how he can start Amartey and Soyuncu together again. Ndidi as a centre back again, I hope. Though if he can avoid conceding a pen this time would be helpful.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Wasn’t much of a leader on Sunday, was missing in action not for the first time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

So you would rather stick with Cags then? Or go youth for full on risk against Liverpool?

I would have played Brunt after the Watford game - up to 3 games before the Liverpool game to see if he could have continued to progress and step up to each challenge.  If he looks out of his depth at any step then immediately suspend the experiment.  Nothing much lost, and you won't know anyway until you give the youngsters a try.

I know there's the argument that if it goes badly wrong it could knock the lad's confidence, but any man-manager worth his salt should be able to mitigate that.

On the other hand, the manager placing his trust in you could give your confidence an uplift.  I wonder how much it may have dented Brunt after playing so well v Watford and being dropped out of sight as his reward?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ian S said:

Wasn’t much of a leader on Sunday, was missing in action not for the first time.

And yet he was a colossal force in the FA Cup QF and final last season in high pressure games.

The way he conducts himself and his ability makes him one of the most reliable players in my eyes at this club. He's been unbelievable.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, turlo said:

Agreed he was a world beater in the 1 minute he played for Porto reserves since he moved there.  

image.png.37c02c0d44c3cb5f88b02e84cf084266.png

:appl:Shooting fish in a barrel. You big meany.

2 hours ago, Simon alex said:

I agree with almost everything  , how come did  you know KDH  its better  than Tavares??? Il be honest with you  that was a big lost , Tavares was the best replacement for Tielmans 

....that is a big ask of Tavares, he may play in the same manner as Youri, but KDH gives the team something we have been missing!!!

Tavares starting to get game time (not much) at Porto B, and getting cameo roles is a start. He will have to work his way back and at the moment he is way adrift of KDH.

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

+10 for the Lesley Graham reference lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Agreed, I thought before Tielemans should be captain. I know people criticised him being captain on Sunday given he wants to leave.

....I am a fan of Youri, but irrespective of him wanting to leave or not, he is not the player you look to on the pitch for inspiration!!!

He has the ability to play a killer pass to open teams up and it is good to have this option, but I would rather have a player who holds the team together for 90 minutes, than the occasional moments of brilliance.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

....that is a big ask of Tavares, he may play in the same manner as Youri, but KDH gives the team something we have been missing!!!

Tavares starting to get game time (not much) at Porto B, and getting cameo roles is a start. He will have to work his way back and at the moment he is way adrift of KDH.

So KDH  put Leicester city in first place in premiere league? Where he was against Forrest?