Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

10 minutes ago, Simon alex said:

So KDH  put Leicester city in first place in premiere league? Where he was against Forrest?  

KDH has been Leicester's best player since early December along with Maddison. I was a huge fan of Tavares coming through here but he made a huge error leaving us. If he can stay fit he may well work his way back to this level but as it stands KDH will have the better career than him by a country mile.

• Like 3

Just now, Ric Flair said:

KDH has been Leicester's best player since early December along with Maddison. I was a huge fan of Tavares coming through here but he made a huge error leaving us. If he can stay fit he may well work his way back to this level but as it stands KDH will have the better career than him by a country mile.

KDH will have more money I agree but fcporto plays in champions league every year, not Leicester city.   Premiere league best football in the  world and more money for players but unfortunately  leicester city still far away from champions league.  Sidnei needs to fight back to a first team football but it's a team who plays champions league every year and wins  titles every year.  Financially it's bad but  sporting side can be much better.  Leicester city have been 4 times in Europe games if I'm not wrong , fcporto been  around 80 Times in Europe  and won  too so it's not a bad club  to climb up. 

21 minutes ago, Simon alex said:

KDH will have more money I agree but fcporto plays in champions league every year, not Leicester city.

Didn't know the Porto reserves were also playing in the champions league.

Until Tavares starts week in week out for Porto I don't think anyone can claim he's made the better choices/ is the better player over KDH. Simple as.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rodger’s some-players-need-a-kick-up-the-arse comment was a bit rich I thought. “Look lads you really need to get stuck in and give it your all for this club, the club I’ve been not-too-subtly suggesting to the press that I want out from to go to a richer, more successful club, and I’m upset your not working harder.” 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Rodger’s some-players-need-a-kick-up-the-arse comment was a bit rich I thought. “Look lads you really need to get stuck in and give it your all for this club, the club I’ve been not-too-subtly suggesting to the press that I want out from to go to a richer, more successful club, and I’m upset your not working harder.” 

Ah yes. I forgot every time he said he was “fully committed” here, he was actually winking at all the reporters. 

He’s never not distances himself from jobs and talked about his commitment to this role. And he was exactly right to question some of the players.

• Like 1

Had a very interesting conversation with an ex professional sportsman yesterday. He is a massive Liverpool fan who had very strong connections with their back room staff because of what he does for a living now. Bottom line was Rodgers had to go when he was sacked there because he'd lost the plot both on and off field. It was more specfic than that. He said it was predictable that this would happen at Leicester. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Win or draw tonight and Brendan will be the best thing since sliced bread, lose and the plethora of idiots will be calling for his head. What a fickle lot!!

...there is very clear evidence that FT is a split forum and what you read after a win or a loss is not exactly reflective in the fanbase!!!

You notice endless post of praise and hyperbole when we win and the then we witness the despair and same hyperbole after a loss. Yes their are fickle supporters that blow with the wind but it is clear we may all support the same club, just not how we choose to do so.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...there is very clear evidence that FT is a split forum and what you read after a win or a loss is not exactly reflective in the fanbase!!!

You notice endless post of praise and hyperbole when we win and the then we witness the despair and same hyperbole after a loss. Yes their are fickle supporters that blow with the wind but it is clear we may all support the same club, just not how we choose to do so.

I am entrenched... his time is up 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I fear this is the reality, people would rather be right in their opinions than see us turn a corner  :(

....for that to happen, it would mean he starts to address problems that we have asked to be resolved, for years!!!

Getting those problems resolved would bring a lot of supporters back on to his side, but if it has to take media pundits, dissecting oversights like zonal marking, for him to immediately change his policy, then why could he not have addressed it some time ago. 

There are formation and players being played out of position and he continue to do so, Perez was an ever present, it was clear it was not working but Rodgers persisted. Vestergaard has come under flak and has been vilified due to his performances, and yet he was chosen to play in a highline, where he lacks the mobility to cope in such situations.

Rodgers brings all this on to himself, his myopia, is not down to what we think.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I fear this is the reality, people would rather be right in their opinions than see us turn a corner  :(

I would love us to turn the corner - even if by luck (or the bad luck of others)... but would that make Bredan a better manager?  who can fix and organise a defense? who sends out teams with fight?  who doenst stubbornly keep playing players well past their last chance (ref ayoze, vesty, bertraund).

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....for that to happen, it would mean he starts to address problems that we have asked to be resolved, for years!!!

Getting those problems resolved would bring a lot of supporters back on to his side, but if it has to take media pundits, dissecting oversights like zonal marking, for him to immediately change his policy, then why could he not have addressed it some time ago. 

There are formation and players being played out of position and he continue to do so, Perez was an ever present, it was clear it was not working but Rodgers persisted. Vestergaard has come under flak and has been vilified due to his performances, and yet he was chosen to play in a highline, where he lacks the mobility to cope in such situations.

Rodgers brings all this on to himself, his myopia, is not down to what we think.

7 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I would love us to turn the corner - even if by luck (or the bad luck of others)... but would that make Bredan a better manager?  who can fix and organise a defense? who sends out teams with fight?  who doenst stubbornly keep playing players well past their last chance (ref ayoze, vesty, bertraund).

Fair enough, but I will judge him on contemporary actions and results, I have zero interest in perceived misdemeanours from months ago, and playing with the requisite intensity and application today would be a start we can all get behind I think :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Fair enough, but I will judge him on contemporary actions and results, I have zero interest in perceived misdemeanours from months ago, and playing with the requisite intensity and application today would be a start we can all get behind I think :thumbup:

....the thing is he has the same mindset, Vestergaard is a recent poor and inexplicable decision!!!

KDH a local boy, who was not chosen against Forest, (he has probably dreamt of this for a long time) and what was called for, were players to stand up and be counted.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I'm fascinated to see what our players and Rodgers are made of now it our backs are against the wall

& some fans?

17 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

But we know what they're made of. We've buckled under pressure so many times

& some fans!