Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Restored pride?! After that performance? If it wasn't for Kasper it would have been 6 or 7. We didn't lay a glove on them and he thinks that wipes the slate clean from losing to our rivals 4-1 disgraceful defeat. He's lost the plot. Thank you for the FA Cup and the Community shield but it's time to go. 36B77A56-C2A2-4785-9E52-42CD33F64E7B.thumb.jpeg.334d7095b28622b693bd58363c75a7a0.jpeg

• Like 1

Personally I think it's a difficult time for the manager and players and I'm sure they seek solace in the words of wisdom on this fans forum.....@-@

Life isn't perfect and fickle fans don't help, but your utopia isn't always the way forward.

How about sitting back and accepting it's not great ATM, trust your club to work things out and regardless of these challenges support our club, our players and our Manager through this difficult period?

UTF 👏

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, shiv said:

Do people really think we wouldn’t sign a CB in January due to finances but we’d fork out £10m+ to sack Rodgers?

Personally don’t think his time is quite up but think people need to set expectations.

Get behind the lads whilst he’s here, the toxicity is reminding me of the Puel days. 

True, but their job is to give us something to get behind. We are seeing some of the lowest effort football we've seen in blue for a long, long time. 

I think we’ve conceded the most xG in the league now, impressive given we’ve played 2 or 3 games fewer than most teams!

We’re in course for our lowest finish since 14/15, Shakespeare and Puel weren’t this bad with much worse squads 

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I think we’ve conceded the most xG in the league now, impressive given we’ve played 2 or 3 games fewer than most teams!

We’re in course for our lowest finish since 14/15, Shakespeare and Puel weren’t this bad with much worse squads 

I’d say this squad in terms of availability is worse - certainly than Puel. All injured innit.

Just got back home from Liverpool and surprised to hear no one talk about Rodger’s out… maybe they did but I didn’t hear anyone, and certainly no chants. 

When does a fan who wants a manager change not fickle ? It always seems to be the go to for some. Just wondering when is it ok to say yeah, let’s make a change ? Or does a disaster like relegation or a relegation fight have to happen before you can ? Why wouldn’t you want to take steps to avoid the disaster before it happens ? Surely that’s sensible. Always found that mentality really weird.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Personally I think it's a difficult time for the manager and players and I'm sure they seek solace in the words of wisdom on this fans forum.....@-@

Life isn't perfect and fickle fans don't help, but your utopia isn't always the way forward.

How about sitting back and accepting it's not great ATM, trust your club to work things out and regardless of these challenges support our club, our players and our Manager through this difficult period?

UTF 👏

Love the optimism but literally 95% of the entire football pyramid are trying to do this and for the vast majority of them, they will stagnate or go backwards and never go forwards, most of them have big aspirations but not the necessary facilities, finances or ownership to grow or progress, we do have those things, but what we don't seem to have is a manager with a plan, or a team that can be bothered to make an effort. 

Literally all of us wish it would turn around for BR and that he would continue to manage us to success, but I can't see it happening and for the last 30+ games going back to last season, he and the squad have given the fans very little reason to spend their hard earned money on them. 

Looks like BR will end up staying at least until the end of the season unless this slump continues, will support him, but I've lost faith in him at the moment. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Only Norwich and Newcastle have a worse xga than us at the moment. Horrendous statistic! 

15 minutes ago, BakerLCFC said:

Restored pride?! After that performance? If it wasn't for Kasper it would have been 6 or 7. We didn't lay a glove on them and he thinks that wipes the slate clean from losing to our rivals 4-1 disgraceful defeat. He's lost the plot. Thank you for the FA Cup and the Community shield but it's time to go. 36B77A56-C2A2-4785-9E52-42CD33F64E7B.thumb.jpeg.334d7095b28622b693bd58363c75a7a0.jpeg

I think Rodgers talks of 'restored pride' because, he too, like a lot of us was expecting a 4 or 5 goal tonking. The fact we only conceded 1 goal, up until the 87 min is a positive for him. I really didn't see a massive change from our recent performances. Youri and Barnes were pretty dismal again. We were all over the place from set pieces. The only thing that worked was Ndidi at CB, but that leaves us short in CM.

• Like 3

What bewilders me more than anything about this ‘sack the manager’ chat is that not one of you so called fans will put forward a reasonable and realistic suggestion for who

would take over, who is not only realistic but also an improvement on what we currently have. 

5 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Only Norwich and Newcastle have a worse xga than us at the moment. Horrendous statistic! 

FBref updates the day after a game, i saw one tweet saying we conceded 3+ xg so I’m 75% sure we’ll have the worst in the league now lol 

We’re dreadful. We’re into the the third Season Rodgers has been in charge for the beginning and we’re onto our third collapse. It’ll keep happening.

13 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

What bewilders me more than anything about this ‘sack the manager’ chat is that not one of you so called fans will put forward a reasonable and realistic suggestion for who

would take over, who is not only realistic but also an improvement on what we currently have. 

Barry Chuckle

Obviously hate losing but let's be honest.

We were a yo-yo club and 10th place (if we get it) in the grand scheme is still decent. It's difficult to compete long term with big clubs. We don't have the finances.

The central defensive injuries haven't helped..

Has Brendan made mistakes? Of course, many this season but let's have some context. 

Two 5th places and the fa cup isn't a bad return. It could be worse. It could be pleat or Taylor.

2 hours ago, cropstonfox said:

Two words.

BRENDAN ROGERS

42 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Think this Brendan Rogers guy sounds legit.

53 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

I don’t care if someone’s Rodgers in or out, that’s an unfair demand of any fan who wants a change.

How many were out there there calling for Rodgers to take over for Puel before Puel was sacked? Were you? Probably not.

Sometimes a change is obvious but the successor isn’t because of all that goes into an appointment behind the scenes. 

Oh yeah, and there have probably been hundreds of posts on FT with suggestions others have posted. Granted, a few of them were pretty unrealistic— I think I saw Zidane’s name pop up once. lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RGFox said:

Obviously hate losing but let's be honest.

We were a yo-yo club and 10th place (if we get it) in the grand scheme is still decent. It's difficult to compete long term with big clubs. We don't have the finances.

The central defensive injuries haven't helped..

Has Brendan made mistakes? Of course, many this season but let's have some context. 

Two 5th places and the fa cup isn't a bad return. It could be worse. It could be pleat or Taylor.

We’ll be nowhere near 10th this season and fighting relegation next season if this carries on, we’re one of the worst teams in the division atm, even with most of our best players back again (e.g. except Vardy and Fofana). 

We were miles off it tonight, one of the most depressing aways I’ve been too, had zero hope that we’d get anything, it’s like the Puel era all over again. Everytime we got the ball near their box we pissed about and ended up losing possession with a half risky pass backwards, awful stuff. 

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

Plenty have just because you disagree doesn’t make you right either

• Like 2