Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

What bewilders me more than anything about this ‘sack the manager’ chat is that not one of you so called fans will put forward a reasonable and realistic suggestion for who

would take over, who is not only realistic but also an improvement on what we currently have. 

That’s because it’s difficult to say. As each  game passes by under Rodgers our attractiveness diminishes further. 

Mancini may be available next month. But realistically, a manager of that ilk wouldn’t touch us with a barge pole these days. Come the end of the season we’ll be lucky to get Dave Bassett interested.

2 hours ago, WinslowFox said:

Still here then?

Pains me to say it but I couldn't bring myself to watch tonight, I didn't even look at the team, did none of my usual pre-match stuff.

This bloke, if you can call him that, has made me totally fall out of love with Football.

I just want my Leicester back.

Please don't tell me he actually said or alluded to the fact we should be proud we lost to Liverpool.

I've decided the best way for me and my mental health is to boycott until he's gone, he  stresses me out every day.

The players have had enough playing for him so I've had enough watching him Manage or whatever it is he does.

I’ve decided to do the same to be honest. A couple of mates have the arse with my predictions 4/5 months ago becoming true. After being laughed at for wanting him gone back then, it’s difficult to not remind them of it 😂

I now want us to lose games, just so he can go sooner. That’s a fcukin depressing mentality to have. I think it’s best I don’t watch them again, so that way I can keep my trap shut. I purposely did other stuff last night, and I’ve no intention of going on Sunday nor watching it on the TV. It’s better to pretend it’s not happening than it is to be brainwashed by Rodgers’ post match interviews 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1

Celtic fan in peace... I swear!

Ive been an admirer of the foxes since the days of MoN and NL, so tend to keep an eye out for you fellas regarding your development.

I though I'd pop in a proffer a little insight on your manager, and why you SHOULDN'T sack him.

Firstly let me admit the obvious. When BR abandoned us half way through the season to go to your good selves... We were livid.

Absolutely livid. 

A so called self professed Celtic fan leaving his "dream job" for the EPL was a bit too much for our collective pride to take.

But as much as his "betrayal" hurt. Collectively, we're all secretly glad it happened. In terms of the big picture st least.

Brendan Rodgers is a world class manager. He's tactically astute, has great man management skills, believes in a proper footballing philosophy, and most importantly, gets the best out if players.

But, with ourselves, and, Liverpool before us... It all goes to shit.

In his last season with us there was already grumblings among the support that, yes, he should stay for the 10 in a row, then leave.

After Christmas, it legitimately looked like he'd lost the dressing room. The players simply weren't responding. Going through the motions, whinging at everything on the pitch, stale football, played by tired players.

He almost single handedly ran Kieran Tierney into the ground. Hence his injury problems at the filth they call Arsenal.

His boyfriend, Congerton, is an absolute moon unit 

I wouldnt let that muppet pick the color of my car upholstery, nevermind millions in trading. For some bizarre reason, BR thinks the sun shines out of his arse.

Simply put, when BR inherits a squad... He is pure magic. 

He lifts the incumbents, has them in the best form if their lives (scott brown, moussa dembele, Kieran Tierney et al) and instills real belief in the squad.

Problems arise, usually, when Rodgers tries to build hus own squad, under the advice of that boob Congerton.

Financially, Celtic cannot compete with ANY side in the EPL.

But the MILLIONS that BR pished away on garbage are an utter disgrace.

When BR left, Lennon came in. Galvanized the squad, finished the season in blazing fashion. New manager bounce, who knows. But the season after, our 10 in a row year... Was a ****ing farce.

BR (and Congerton) had built a squad of fat headed mental weaklings. All if them thinking they were a 30m bid away from the Epl 

All of them believing HIS hype. 

We utterly imploded. 

Now I see you honest to God folk looming down the barrell of the BR rot.

Anger and panic setting in. Who is to blame to BR or the players...or the board.

Its all.

Sacking BR at this point in time will quite literally, set your club back YEARS.

The problem with the modern game is patience. There is none. Managers get the sack in the EPL like dutch girls get the clap 

You sack BR, who gets the nod?

I heard Gattusos name mentioned. If anyone thinks that looper will deliver success they're nuts. New manager bounce, absolutely. Hell have his foot on those players throats.

Long term, hes a lunatic.

The season is gone.

Spend this time searching out a REAL replacement. Part ways with BR, have the new man waiting, ready, and schooled up.

Marco Rose would be ideal imo.

His time at Broussia has been poor, and he'll be hungry, looking to repair his rep, looking to get back on track.

Oh, and GUT that squad.

Clear it out. 

Take care, hoping/ looking forward to an LcFc renaissance!

• Like 4

Guest BlueBrett
5 hours ago, Aleksz said:

Damage limitation tonight. Was the set up of a manager that knows he’s one more embarrassing result away from it being over. 

Exactly this. Substitutions in particular smacked of it. All Rodgers cared about tonight was saving as much face as possible. I bet he'd have taken a 2-0 defeat before kick off. 

4 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

What bewilders me more than anything about this ‘sack the manager’ chat is that not one of you so called fans will put forward a reasonable and realistic suggestion for who

would take over, who is not only realistic but also an improvement on what we currently have. 

Yeah man totally makes sense to waste your life in a miserable loveless marriage on the basis that there's no line of supermodels at the front door.

5 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

So called fans…

We support the club, not Brendan Rodgers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Apparently we should have pride in a performance that if not for a keeper playing out of his skin could have ended up 4 or 5 nil. 

We should have pride in yet another performance we offered no ambition going forwards. We should have pride in a performance where the team are still making basic mistakes with and without the ball far too often.

Its clear as day he no longer has any idea what he’s doing or saying. Its best for both if he leaves. Each game this goes on his chances of landing a good job after Leicester goes down and his reputation takes a beating. He needs to leave for the sake of his career instead of waiting around for a payout.

47 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

As others have said we have lost our identity this season, we are so far away from the high pressing, high energy attractive football we served up in his first season. It seems to me after our 2nd successive collapse that the players and Rodgers have lost their belief, perhaps it was the pinnacle for this squad with this manager. 

We have built a mantra of being Fearless it’s what the club is all about, we lost that under Puel and I am afraid to say that we have now lost it under Rodgers, last night was everything but fearless, we were fearful and last nights damage limitation exercise screamed bottom

6 mentality rather than a club with ambitions to continue to disrupt the big 6. 

Our aggressive in your face ruthless football has gone, we play at such a slow tempo now and it is becoming ineffective and uninspiring. 

The style of play doesn’t suit our squad and as a result we are seeing good players lose form and seeming looking disillusioned.  

The writing has been on the wall frOm day 1 of the season when Wolves were so wasteful and should have left with 3 or 4 goals to their name. This isn’t a dip in form, even leaving last seasons slump out of it, we have played over 30 games this season and at best i would say we have looked good in about 20% of those games, the rest have been disjoined and we have played well in fits and starts.  

The time has come to make a change, Brendan has done well but this season he seems to have lost that magic touch and I genuinely fear if he stays beyond the summer as I don’t believe he is the right man to rebuild.  

Here Here 👍

6 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

You can't say for certain who will actually be an improvement, much like with player transfers. But there has been lots of names thrown around whether they are unemployed or employed so not like people are saying sack him and give Stowell the job

Edited by Tommy Fresh

This performance and tactics were largely the same as the game at the kp, we were just less clinical going forward. Daka, kel, Barnes, lookman and albrighton offered no goal threat at all tonight. 

There was nothing wrong with the changes either, people just looking for something to complain about.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

It's obvious it's going one way and Rodgers has no idea what to do. 

Sad though that we're back here. On his day he's an excellent manager. He's just let his ego get carried away.

Had hoped he could build something sustainable here but it doesn't look like it.

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's obvious it's going one way and Rodgers has no idea what to do. 

Sad though that we're back here. On his day he's an excellent manager. He's just let his ego get carried away.

Had hoped he could build something sustainable here but it doesn't look like it.

Sadly you're right. 

Had hoped he'd be able to turn it around, try something fresh or get something out of the team.

Looks like we're past that and the board have a tough call of either letting him see out the season and attempt a rebuild or cutting him off. 

"I think we have to remember we are just wee ol' Leicester City. Yes, we won the Premier League and then thanks to my £10 million a year managerial genius won the FA Cup. But we restored pride this evening in not getting absolutely thumped by Liverpool especially after that humiliating display against perhaps our greatest rivals. OK, we didn't really try to win the game and the football was drab and Liverpool might well have scored 5 or 6. But fans should be proud in our over achievements and have faith and pride in my managerial genius."

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

"I think we have to remember we are just wee ol' Leicester City. Yes, we won the Premier League and then thanks to my £10 million a year managerial genius won the FA Cup. But we restored pride this evening in not getting absolutely thumped by Liverpool especially after that humiliating display against perhaps our greatest rivals. OK, we didn't really try to win the game and the football was drab and Liverpool might well have scored 5 or 6. But fans should be proud in our over achievements and have faith and pride in my managerial genius."

Why look at it like this? We weren’t that bad at all and it was a long way off our strongest side. When you’re in bad form we need to get the confidence and intensity back, and we had a bit of that tonight. I’m not Rodgers in or out, but the amount of people who are twisting everything that’s been done to turn it into something anti Rodgers is just frustrating and tiring. We keep going on about how bad we are, yet we’re literally midtable and a better side than when Rodgers started. 

• Like 1

This season is a right off it’s been a horrible 18months for injuries our back 4 are all out with our best striker as well people need to get in the real world ffs. He’s not going anywhere he’s got his downfalls but so does every other manager, people are talking shite from abroad with no prem experience that probably won’t end well. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Why look at it like this? We weren’t that bad at all and it was a long way off our strongest side. When you’re in bad form we need to get the confidence and intensity back, and we had a bit of that tonight. I’m not Rodgers in or out, but the amount of people who are twisting everything that’s been done to turn it into something anti Rodgers is just frustrating and tiring. We keep going on about how bad we are, yet we’re literally midtable and a better side than when Rodgers started. 

What exactly was it in the 'quote' that you disagreed with? 

7 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

I’m still Brendan in - been the best manager I’ve seen at the club and he’s been hit with a chronic injury crisis. I don’t like his treatment of  some players and I don’t like how he distanced himself from poor performances, but overall we’ve played great football under BR and had some willy puller from Spain not crocked Fofana I think we’d be looking much more positive this season. Keep the faith fellas 👍

When was the last time we played 'great football'?