Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

He says we need an overhaul of the squad, maybe so. But I don’t want him to do it, because the majority of his signings are terrible. He cannot be trusted with any more money.
Another goal conceded from a corner, no one picking up VVD!?
Our own corners, we never threaten.
Players form going back wards? Barnes in particular. He’s a class footballer, but looks useless at the moment.

Zero attacking threat?
Maddison still on every set piece, why not change it up?

I’m still angry about Sunday’s debacle, getting absolutely smashed by a team in the division below, they looked like the Prem side. 

For me, this is relegation trajectory.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

What bewilders me more than anything about this ‘sack the manager’ chat is that not one of you so called fans will put forward a reasonable and realistic suggestion for who

would take over, who is not only realistic but also an improvement on what we currently have. 

This argument bores the hell out of me. 

It's not the fans job or responsibility to name a successor ffs. 

People were trotting the same shite out when people wanted Puel gone. 

The club will have a list, simple as that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

When was the last time we played 'great football'? 

For a sustained consistent time, during the first season of Rodgers' reign and then that run of 8 or 9 games of wins. 

Harsh if anyone can't acknowledge we were playing some lovely stuff under him when he joined. 

Too long ago? Yes. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

For a sustained consistent time, during the first season of Rodgers' reign and then that run of 8 or 9 games of wins. 

Harsh if anyone can't acknowledge we were playing some lovely stuff under him when he joined. 

Too long ago? Yes. 

Absolutely agree we played great football for the first season and into the second. We were bold, exciting and fantastic to watch. Everything we haven't been since, which is why this is so frustrating and disturbing. The defensive injuries are a factor but it's way, way beyond that. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

4 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

In that case, its not your job to send him to send him to the job centre either, as you, like me, and like all/most on here, have ZERO idea as to what is really going on

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

In that case, its not your job to send him to send him to the job centre either, as you, like me, and like all/most on here, have ZERO idea as to what is really going on

People are entitled to their own opinion on whether he should stay or go based on what they see with their own eyes on a match day. 

Get over it. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not true is it that we have zero clue. I have no idea what your work performance is like, nor you mine. But we can see Brendan's every week in the way it's manifest on the pitch and in the results. 

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s not the responsibility of the fans to source a replacement for him or decide to sack him. The club will do that.

The fans are entitled to opinions though 

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Lucien Favre is the man, get him in ASAP.

You don’t manage Dortmund if you are shite, he would do a good job for us.

Lucien favre is the last man we need to fix our defence. His Dortmund side conceded all the time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Lucien favre is the last man we need to fix our defence. His Dortmund side conceded all the time.

At least the players would enjoy themselves attacking the goal, he plays a very attractive style of football that would breed confidence and the team to express themselves.

His team’s scored 80 plus goals in the league in both seasons yes they conceded 40 plus goals but if that happened with us we would be in the champions league places which would be perfect, granted yes we don’t have players as good as Dortmund’s

Edited by Happy Fox
More information

4 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

It’s not the responsibility of the fans to source a replacement for him or decide to sack him. The club will do that.

The fans are entitled to opinions though 

Fans are also entitled to question who people might think they want to replace him...? 

36 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Why look at it like this? We weren’t that bad at all and it was a long way off our strongest side. When you’re in bad form we need to get the confidence and intensity back, and we had a bit of that tonight. I’m not Rodgers in or out, but the amount of people who are twisting everything that’s been done to turn it into something anti Rodgers is just frustrating and tiring. We keep going on about how bad we are, yet we’re literally midtable and a better side than when Rodgers started. 

Now that is highly debatable 

23 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I’m not implying you put a suit on and get ready to conduct interviews. But if you’re insistent on him getting the sack then surely you’ve considered who you would like to replace him. 

What if I said Mark Hughes would be his replacement. Would those who are in the Rogers out camp take that? 

Not sure he'd join us right now but Graham Potter would be good for us. He's built a decent side at Brighton and made some good signings and they always seem to play good football. Sacking Rodgers and paying for Potter would probably cost between £20-30m as well but with the way things are going at the moment, we need to do something. If we get nothing against West Ham and Wolves then we will be getting dragged into the relegation battle. Regardless of injuries, this group of players should be nowhere near the relegation battle! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

I’m still Brendan in - been the best manager I’ve seen at the club and he’s been hit with a chronic injury crisis. I don’t like his treatment of  some players and I don’t like how he distanced himself from poor performances, but overall we’ve played great football under BR and had some willy puller from Spain not crocked Fofana I think we’d be looking much more positive this season. Keep the faith fellas 👍

We were rubbish with fofana playing too 👍🏽

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Fans are also entitled to question who people might think they want to replace him...? 

They can but we don’t know who’s obtainable / interested. There’s been loads of names put forward on here anyway.

I just don’t think that is an argument not to get rid of him. The club will have a shortlist of managers.

Just now, lcfceaves said:

Yep. All our worries were going to go away when N’Didi came back from AFCON, or when Justin came back - it’s not going to change

It’s the only half baked excuse anyone has left for Rodgers now. I don’t know what else Rodgers would need to do to convince any supporter that his time here is done, just like it was evident at every club he’s coached at. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Not to mention there are a thousand “next manager” threads where people do exactly that which the poster and other Rodgers apologists choose to ignore.

• Like 1