Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

18 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

When you put money into the club by whatever means, you’re more than entitled to your opinion 

Of course, its a forum and opinions are the foundation, but it would be a more rounded discussion if options were proposed rather than endless moaning (As it comes across like petulant toddlers), but of course, that is just my opinion  :dunno:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Not true is it that we have zero clue. I have no idea what your work performance is like, nor you mine. But we can see Brendan's every week in the way it's manifest on the pitch and in the results. 

Of course, but all we are seeing is the surface activity, the outcome, we don`t see 95% of his work, and if you were judged only on the final result and not your endeavours, you would have every right to be annoyed and badly treated

4 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Didn’t Rodgers get Maddison to watch videos of how he was playing before to try and improve his form? Maybe Rodgers should watch videos of how we played when he first joined :dunno:

The gulf in quality between the team then and now is stark despite having largely the same players

• Like 1

This month is massive. We now have two huge PL games against teams we should be competing with. We have to win at least one of them. Then there is the European games, where failure is not an option.

If we go through in Europe and get a minimum of 1 win in the PL then I think we have had a decent month (post Forest). We need to look at the season in chunks now, after that comes March up to the international break.

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

Potentially nonsense theory:

Brendan has agreed to join United in the summer, and the players know it. 

...United would not have him and all he talks about now is to do a rebuild!!!

He is not planning on going anywhere until Top gives him the push. 

Terminations tends to happen out of the blue, we do not know the extent of Khun Top's frustrations right at this moment. 

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Of course, but all we are seeing is the surface activity, the outcome, we don`t see 95% of his work, and if you were judged only on the final result and not your endeavours, you would have every right to be annoyed and badly treated

...it is the outcome that will keep him in a job, not the process and procedures that he has to adhere to to get the desired outcome!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it is the outcome that will keep him in a job, not the process and procedures that he has to adhere to to get the desired outcome!!!

That is a fans demanding outlook and not reality, and any plan/journey/other-trite-term, will have bumps and your employer will be aware of this and not solely focused on the end point

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

That is a fans demanding outlook and not reality, and any plan/journey/other-trite-term, will have bumps and your employer will be aware of this and not solely focused on the end point

...the end point is the measurement of your ability to keep your job!!!

What ever the processes and procedures are, if you have moved away from those guidelines and chosen to implement your way of doing things, and the results are not what they should be, then you open yourself up to disciplinary action.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the end point is the measurement of your ability to keep your job!!!

What ever the processes and procedures are, if you have moved away from those guidelines and chosen to implement your way of doing things, and the results are not what they should be, then you open yourself up to disciplinary action.

Yes, quite, but when is the end point to be judged? Not after every match or a random point of fan selection.

Regarding yesterday, I personally am glad he made the changes yesterday, I felt it had to happen, and he will limp along until the Summer, hovering around the position we currently find ourselves in (Climbing back to this position after falling further first :( )

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

It's a results business. End of. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Celticbhoy32 said:

Celtic fan in peace... I swear!

Ive been an admirer of the foxes since the days of MoN and NL, so tend to keep an eye out for you fellas regarding your development.

I though I'd pop in a proffer a little insight on your manager, and why you SHOULDN'T sack him.

Firstly let me admit the obvious. When BR abandoned us half way through the season to go to your good selves... We were livid.

Absolutely livid. 

A so called self professed Celtic fan leaving his "dream job" for the EPL was a bit too much for our collective pride to take.

But as much as his "betrayal" hurt. Collectively, we're all secretly glad it happened. In terms of the big picture st least.

Brendan Rodgers is a world class manager. He's tactically astute, has great man management skills, believes in a proper footballing philosophy, and most importantly, gets the best out if players.

But, with ourselves, and, Liverpool before us... It all goes to shit.

In his last season with us there was already grumblings among the support that, yes, he should stay for the 10 in a row, then leave.

After Christmas, it legitimately looked like he'd lost the dressing room. The players simply weren't responding. Going through the motions, whinging at everything on the pitch, stale football, played by tired players.

He almost single handedly ran Kieran Tierney into the ground. Hence his injury problems at the filth they call Arsenal.

His boyfriend, Congerton, is an absolute moon unit 

I wouldnt let that muppet pick the color of my car upholstery, nevermind millions in trading. For some bizarre reason, BR thinks the sun shines out of his arse.

Simply put, when BR inherits a squad... He is pure magic. 

He lifts the incumbents, has them in the best form if their lives (scott brown, moussa dembele, Kieran Tierney et al) and instills real belief in the squad.

Problems arise, usually, when Rodgers tries to build hus own squad, under the advice of that boob Congerton.

Financially, Celtic cannot compete with ANY side in the EPL.

But the MILLIONS that BR pished away on garbage are an utter disgrace.

When BR left, Lennon came in. Galvanized the squad, finished the season in blazing fashion. New manager bounce, who knows. But the season after, our 10 in a row year... Was a ****ing farce.

BR (and Congerton) had built a squad of fat headed mental weaklings. All if them thinking they were a 30m bid away from the Epl 

All of them believing HIS hype. 

We utterly imploded. 

Now I see you honest to God folk looming down the barrell of the BR rot.

Anger and panic setting in. Who is to blame to BR or the players...or the board.

Its all.

Sacking BR at this point in time will quite literally, set your club back YEARS.

The problem with the modern game is patience. There is none. Managers get the sack in the EPL like dutch girls get the clap 

You sack BR, who gets the nod?

I heard Gattusos name mentioned. If anyone thinks that looper will deliver success they're nuts. New manager bounce, absolutely. Hell have his foot on those players throats.

Long term, hes a lunatic.

The season is gone.

Spend this time searching out a REAL replacement. Part ways with BR, have the new man waiting, ready, and schooled up.

Marco Rose would be ideal imo.

His time at Broussia has been poor, and he'll be hungry, looking to repair his rep, looking to get back on track.

Oh, and GUT that squad.

Clear it out. 

Take care, hoping/ looking forward to an LcFc renaissance!

Problem is, we’re at a point with this where the squad needs to be ripped up and started again. As much as I see a lot of sense in some of your post - the bit about him being good with what he inherits and not with what he tries to build really doesn’t fill me with confidence with where we’re at right now. 

Brendan isn’t the man to rip this up and start again - especially with the “help” of Congerton now gone too. I don’t trust him. 

Perhaps if the club being in their own new Head of Recruitment and not a Rodgers yes man this could work but, I’m not sure, I think his days are numbered.

The most damning things for me are a few things and makes me believe that Rodgers really isn't getting this back.

1) For the life of me, I genuinely can't remember when we actually played well in a PL game. Man Utd at home potentially, maybe Newcastle but even then those wins were down to the deficiencies of the opponents. It's a worrying run that stretches way beyond the start of this season.

2) I've genuinely not got any idea what our identity under Rodgers is anymore. The fast-paced, dynamic football has gone and I don't even know what we try and do anymore.

3) It appears to me that supporters' enthusiasm has gone (including my own), that's a hard thing to get back. And that's not just because of a tricky run of results, it's the performances served up. 

• Like 3