Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I Imagine Top is probably thinking he'd have had a spare £15m to make decisions with if the stubborn midget hadn't signed the bomb scare giant....

Between his signings for Liverpool and here, there's no doubt that Rodgers has a Southampton kink. 

• Haha 1

Another thing that bothers me, what happened to 'if you can't win, at least try and draw'??

People laugh at Potter and Brighton, but they know when the best they can get is a point and they go for it. If we converted 5 of our defeats into draws we'd be above Brighton.

We're one defeat away from the same amount as Newcastle... on what planet is that excusable? lol 

• Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

One of the biggest reasons some fans are losing the passion, is because we’re largely so god damn awful to watch……

There’s nothing wrong with being dissatisfied when you’re paying good money to watch football. 

This notion of “don’t you remember league one” yes I do, and I ****ing loved it because we smashed everyone and got to see grounds you wouldn’t ordinarily see….

But this is different, I don’t mind losing and struggling if the effort is there and we’re at least attempting to play some exciting football.

Its shocking at the moment and definitely not far from Puel ball. I’m definitely fed up of watching it, there’s nothing happening to get you off your seat.

100% agree, 'be grateful, we were in league one once' is always strange to me as that was genuinely a good season, tickets were cheap and we were regularly smashing teams and playing exciting football. If the years before where we were struggling in the championship were mentioned then fair enough, but league one wasnt bad at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I would imagine you have had much worse seasons in the last 52 vears -  I certainly have.

Anyway, when Big Sam comes in, everything will change, for the

Never felt like I do at the moment, can't even watch them on the telly,just need a break whether I return who knows!

20 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Surely the PPG metric posted above is more useful in determining likely outcome?

Do you mean the one I’m talking about? If so yes, definitely, but it’s just a derivative of the xG.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

May be naive of me but when some of the older fans come in and say this is the worst it's been in 50/60/70ish years, I can never believe them lol lol

Just how?! 

I guess it's about personal style/tastes too isn't it.... also I don't think people can really remember much further back than 15 years or so of Football, not properly anyway.

My least favourite part of the current situation is that we've lost all that it's meant to be a Leicester player in the last 15 years. No passion, energy, fight, desire.... no characters, no identity. 

Sure the players are better, the quality is better, but the basics have gone completely and we've got a team of individuals.

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

May be naive of me but when some of the older fans come in and say this is the worst it's been in 50/60/70ish years, I can never believe them lol lol

Just how?! 

No chance, even since I've been going down late 80, there has been a lot worse. 

Pleat years

Taylor years 

Levin, Allen, Holloway years. 

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Do you mean the one I’m talking about? If so yes, definitely, but it’s just a derivative of the xG.

No I mean points per game (For the season) and thus far are in no risk of being caught because of the current distribution of PPG, xG is expected goals, no?

Will repeat it here anyway

image.png.01bfa7378b6149d41f2a49cf72ab77d3.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

No chance, even since I've been going down late 80, there has been a lot worse. 

Pleat years

Taylor years 

Levin, Allen, Holloway years. 

We didn't have a pot to piss in during those eras though. 

We have all the resources we could hope for nowadays an it's still shit, that's why people are pissed off.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
29 minutes ago, ttfn said:

The performance levels are just as bad - our points based on xG is worse than it was at the time Ranieri was sacked.

As I’ve said elsewhere we’re not in any danger of going down but the underlying stats are atrocious and as bad as they’ve been at any point since 14/15. In fact our xpts per game before we beat West Ham to start the Great Escape was 0.97, we’re at 1.07 this season. And we were adrift at the bottom that year. We are very lucky we’re not in a relegation scrap.

People will say you can’t read anything into xG but this is where it is especially useful - big samples of games and comparing how good we are at the 99.9% of the game that is played before the ball leaves a striker’s boot. 

We consistently overperform xg and have done for years. When you have good strikers it doesn't make much sense. Ask Brighton.

Added to that have the previous seasons you mentioned featured as many injuries? 

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

Cross reference Rodgers mid Feb 21 to mid Feb 22 vs Puel mid Feb 18 to mid Feb 19 and its eye opening.

He's very very fortunate to still be in a job and I'm fascinated to see how long he gets if we keep losing. Another 3 or 4 losses in the next 5-6 games and he's surely off

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Cross reference Rodgers mid Feb 21 to mid Feb 22 vs Puel mid Feb 18 to mid Feb 19 and its eye opening.

He's very very fortunate to still be in a job and I'm fascinated to see how long he gets if we keep losing. Another 3 or 4 losses in the next 5-6 games and he's surely off

Losing 3 or 4 feels likely no?

West Ham, Wolves and Arsenal feel very tough to me. Burnley will be fighting like mad and you never know what you’ll get from Leeds. 

1 minute ago, daddylonglegs said:

Losing 3 or 4 feels likely no?

West Ham, Wolves and Arsenal feel very tough to me. Burnley will be fighting like mad and you never know what you’ll get from Leeds. 

I think we'll lose to West Ham, draw 1-1 with Wolves, no idea vs Randers. Think we might scab a win in the 1st leg but be in a bit of trouble out there. Arsenal will comfortably beat us, Leeds is not a game we want right now.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Well he's now set the narrative that its about the players and needing a rebuild in the summer. it depends how much rudders trusts him because Top will take his cue from our DOF (assuming we aren't actually drawn into a relegation scrap)

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we'll lose to West Ham, draw 1-1 with Wolves, no idea vs Randers. Think we might scab a win in the 1st leg but be in a bit of trouble out there. Arsenal will comfortably beat us, Leeds is not a game we want right now.

Lose Sunday and he could be gone - board are clearly seeing who's available and who wants it