Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, SecretPro said:

Dropped a bollock. Would love to know why he decided to drop our best striker and most in-form player for a crucial, critical match.

Couldn't agree more.

Formation/setup stifled us from the start. No width the entire game. Not enough link up play either until Kel came on

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

What has Praet ever done to suddenly be the answer to all of our problems? I think he's an okay player but he's never excelled for us.

He’s just better than Perez 

Who’s saying he’s the answer by himself ? 

2 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

1 swallow doesn't make a fuching summer.

Yeah we won a the cup. Fantastic. And then played this game like donkeys.

You've contradicted yourself brilliantly here.

4 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

It's not me that uses the word 'Consistency' 

That's what Brendan is trying to instill in us and yet... Show me where that consistency is during today's game?

You can be speechless but don't even deny tonight's showing was anything less than a shambles, like it was against Southampton or Newcastle.

If you're happy to rest on laurels, then you rest on laurels. Plenty of fans are pissed off that for about 70 minutes of tonight, we were dire.

Get a life :jump:

• Haha 1

The way it looked around the time of the Barnes injury I would have bitten your hand off for where we are now. 

It has been a remarkable job to maintain competitiveness given our injuries, and it’s not talked about because we don’t have a victim mentality like some others in this league. 

More signs that we need a deeper squad, hopefully we can address that in the summer. 

Congrats to everyone at the club, Brendan included, for our best ever season bar the miracle of 15/16 regardless of whether we come 4th or 5th.

Great achievement. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

You've contradicted yourself brilliantly here.

How have I?

Yeah we've wins cup but potentially ****ed the league. 2 different competitions if you didn't know.

4 minutes ago, LaCiudad said:

Get a life :jump:

Grow up!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

That's what Brendan is trying to instill in us and yet... Show me where that consistency is during today's game?

You can be speechless but don't even deny tonight's showing was anything less than a shambles, like it was against Southampton or Newcastle.

If you're happy to rest on laurels, then you rest on laurels. Plenty of fans are pissed off that for about 70 minutes of tonight, we were dire.

:nigel:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brooksy said:

Amazing isn't it? And I thought I was negative. Jesus Christ

I feel like I’m in a parallel universe mate. Couple of months away from here will do me good I think, going to give myself an aneurysm if I carry on.    

1 minute ago, LC/FC said:

How have I?

Yeah we've wins cup but potentially ****ed the league. 2 different competitions if you didn't know.

Grow up!

Fked the league??? Hahahaha. Where were you ten+ years ago?

4 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

I absolutely hate blinkered fans who refuse to factor in the performance of the opposition. Chelsea MADE us look 'dire' for 70 mins. 

And honestly, they made us look second best for much of the FA Cup final too.

It's as if we have to perform at our best every time and when we don't we're either 'rubbish', the manager is at fault, the ref is terrible yada-yada. 

Do at least pay respect to the opposition - especially when they're actually favourites.

Yes, make a tactical analysis and blame Rodgers for getting it wrong, players underperforming, but curb your negativity a bit and look at the context of the match, the season et al. Seriously. This kind of reactionary crap is exactly what football and this world needs far less of.

• Like 1

Really, are people really questioning him? 

Criticise him all you want, but he's done far more right for us then most other managers. One thropy in the bag in two full seasons and two seasons in Europe. Not good enough for you?? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

What has Praet ever done to suddenly be the answer to all of our problems? I think he's an okay player but he's never excelled for us.

He probably could have improved composure on the ball when we eventually won it back, and he would have been another pair of fresh legs. Perez looked knackered. 

However, all round, we weren’t good enough. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

We're the only team that's been in the top 4 all season. That's fairly consistent if you ask me.

We're competing against teams who've spent a lot more money than we have, and we just won the FA Cup.

Today was a bit disappointing but not many teams beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Plus they'd have had the lift from getting supporters in the stadium.

We got one over on them on Saturday. Brendan tried something. It didn't work. Every manager makes decisions their fans question in defeat, but we're where we are in the league for the second season running because more often than not we're doing the right thing on the pitch. Every season (bar the season we won the league) our points total is getting higher. 

Thats showing consistent progress. 

Not sure why some fans automatically assume we're going to walk every game. We're not Spurs fans. Lets be realistic about where we are and where we've come from.

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Probably got it wrong tonight but if we could only win one well he picked the ****ing right one. Is what it is. 

FA cup and 5th over no trophy and top 4. 

I'm delighted we have won the cup and I'd much rather that than top 4. But we should of got in the top 4 this season. So many dropped points. Not getting the CL could potentially cost us the likes of Tielemans and Fofana and whoever we are currently linked with at the moment. 

• Like 1