Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

26 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I am hoping he was that one leopard that could change his spots  lol

Unfortunately not

I wanted Rodgers to turn it around. I saw his face in a post match interview snippet from last night and almost felt sorry for him.

If Rodgers were a horse he’d have been put out his misery by now.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

People forget mate. Sounds stupid but it's true.

Applies to managers and players, people forget how bad/good they were.

I had someone behind me at Forest on Sunday shout for Shakespeare back as manager. Even if he was joking it made me laugh as he was a shit manager and would have taken us down.

We're not at the depths of Peter Taylor or Frank Mac yet. Alarmed still at the slide 

5 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Unfortunately not

I wanted Rodgers to turn it around. I saw his face in a post match interview snippet from last night and almost felt sorry for him.

If Rodgers were a horse he’d have been put out his misery by now.

I get this, you see him and it does feel like he really wants to be a success here, so being a nice person you feel sorry for him, but…….

he’s on an eye watering amount of money which should have stipulations attached. He really isn’t living up to the wage he’s taking so we mustn’t feel sorry for him, it’s his job to make the big decisions to reach the clubs goals.

If Rodger’s were a CEO of a major company, would he still have his job right now and would we be feeling sorry for him?

Is he getting the best out of the situation we’re in? If the board think he is then they support him. I’m sure there’ll be a few players leave in the summer, won’t be an exodus though will it.

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I get this, you see him and it does feel like he really wants to be a success here, so being a nice person you feel sorry for him, but…….

he’s on an eye watering amount of money which should have stipulations attached. He really isn’t living up to the wage he’s taking so we mustn’t feel sorry for him, it’s his job to make the big decisions to reach the clubs goals.

If Rodger’s were a CEO of a major company, would he still have his job right now and would we be feeling sorry for him?

Is he getting the best out of the situation we’re in? If the board think he is then they support him. I’m sure there’ll be a few players leave in the summer, won’t be an exodus though will it.

Oh I completely agree 

It just made me check my anger at him briefly.

But then I remembered his arrogance, stubbornness, his contradictions and his inability to manage some top players, then I go back to almost hating him again. 

edit- Which, let’s be honest, no manager who won us our first FA Cup deserves to feel that sort of animosity from any single fan. However, it’s all of his own making 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

Like he brought in at liverpool? 🤦🏼‍♂️

Of course because FSG backed him so well that he would have to start  Sterling and Gerrard as false nine/strikers in the Champions League. After selling  Suarez and Sturbridge out injured for most of the season. He was backed alright. Just bend over Brendan👍

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

One of the biggest reasons some fans are losing the passion, is because we’re largely so god damn awful to watch……

There’s nothing wrong with being dissatisfied when you’re paying good money to watch football. 

This notion of “don’t you remember league one” yes I do, and I ****ing loved it because we smashed everyone and got to see grounds you wouldn’t ordinarily see….

But this is different, I don’t mind losing and struggling if the effort is there and we’re at least attempting to play some exciting football.

Its shocking at the moment and definitely not far from Puel ball. I’m definitely fed up of watching it, there’s nothing happening to get you off your seat.

57 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

100% agree, 'be grateful, we were in league one once' is always strange to me as that was genuinely a good season, tickets were cheap and we were regularly smashing teams and playing exciting football. If the years before where we were struggling in the championship were mentioned then fair enough, but league one wasnt bad at all.

I think Lge 1 sticks in minds as being great times for this reason alone, we weren't great & we certainly didn't play attractive slick football thats for sure we were just the best team in a league full of shite, Steve Howard was player of the season ffs.
Did i enjoy lge 1, yeah but not because we were winning at a canter but just because the circus of the premier league & money football wasn't involved, the premier lge is now reminiscent to me as the opening scene of The Last Boy Scout, its just win at all costs it doesn't matter how, just win!

With regards to current style it has been very ying & yang but i thing i can say that there are games under Rodgers & more games than people will dare concede where the football has been the best we have ever seen a Leicester team play, when its clicking it clicks can anyone name a period where the football was proper football & not because the team were grafters & got their wins that way ie MoN teams or the get it to Mahrez to do something or DD over the top to Vardy to run onto, i mean collective team football.

I'm not that blinkered to see he has issues & there have been some scratch your head moments with subs / formations with some not all games but seems like this forum pick him up on for on every game.
Take Liverpool, he was pulled for taking Daka off but putting Nacho on & the scream in the MDT was for them both to be on but who does he take off to have 2 players up top? it would have to be Sharkey or Lookman which then leaves a huge gap on which ever side the player came off from as well as losing that defensive ability as both are harder working in that aspect.  I understand we needed a goal but Liverpool didn't need anymore help in us providing them a whole 3rd of the pitch to run into unopposed which would have happened. Tielemens for Soumare no issue with, the thought process was to try & add a little more creativity its only 1:0 could we nick a point, then the final change Barnes for Lookman but could easily have been Ricardo for Sharkey which either 1 is the right call for that sub as it kept 2 players on either flank.

I keep reading but its not just this season so can't blame injuries its been a slide for 18mths but in that slide we have finished 5th & the FA cup (yes yawn) & we have constantly had injures, we are currently 12th with 3 games in hand i know we have to win them but if we were sat with 35pts would it change peoples minds? I know the answer from most will be no because of the "boring" football but think what could be the reason (other than Rodgers just humour me) its confidence you can't flick a switch or the 'A' button & just reset, its going to take some doing starting with last night, maybe Forest could have been the straw that broke the camels back, you can bet your life words have been said in all directions within that dressing room which might just galvanise & save a poor season.

I have written this season off, obviously i want us to get as high as we can but for me its done & i'm ok with that but then i'm secure enough to be able to take any pissing taking aimed at me or Leicester City. I'm still Rodgers in but only because i'm looking at the times i've thought wow that was a brillant team goal, movement, defending what ever & know that it is in his & the teams locker to get that back vs getting 1 of the merry go round managers in or a punt on an name from a different league thats then given 3yrs to rebuild to how he wants it player & style wise achieve 7th then get sacked & start the process again.

11 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Barnes for Lookman but could easily have been Ricardo for Sharkey which either 1 is the right call for that sub as it kept 2 players on either flank.

....Barnes for Albrighton would have been the better option!!!

Switching Lookman to the right and Barnes on the left, would have given us more pace on the pitch as well as the fresh legs we needed. Albrighton kept going and there are times when time is running out, that you have to take a chance, in order to get back into the game, and the protection that Albrighton was giving to the defence, was being negated by players breezing pass him when attacking.

Just had a chat with my Liverpool STH mate

He recalls either an interview or a segment in Gerrards autobiography where Liverpool were due to play Chelsea in the run up to the end of 13/14 Gerrard slip campaign 

Apparently Gerrard and another player went to Rodgers giving their opinion that Mourinho would park the bus away from home, and that Liverpool setting up and playing for a draw would be the best way to approach the game. He thinks they needed 6 points from the last 3 games or something 

Rodgers apparently dismissed Gerrards opinion, set up to attack Chelsea, lost, and the rest is history.

Maybe that has mentally scarred Rodgers and has something to do with the totally random tactical approach we very often have? 🤷🏻‍♂️

18 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Switching Lookman to the right and Barnes on the left, would have given us more pace on the pitch as well as the fresh legs we needed. Albrighton kept going and there are times when time is running out, that you have to take a chance, in order to get back into the game, and the protection that Albrighton was giving to the defence, was being negated by players breezing pass him when attacking.

yeah agree i personally would have taken Sharkey off for Ricardo/Barnes but due to the shift he'd put in not because he was playing bad but we both know that had Marc come off the MDT would have exploded into wwwwwots he doing Sharkeys been our best player, least he's putting in a shift etc etc over looking the fact its because of just that reason he would have come off for..
He probably kept him on out of a bit of respect for how he was doing & the example he was giving to the rest of the team :dunno:

Edit i went Ricardo 4 Sharkey because if he went Barnes 4 Sharkey & pushed Lookman over to the right again we know he would have got pelters for moving Lookman over

Edited by BKLFox

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

The only thing I would say is Lookman has struggled when he has been on the right.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

yeah agree i personally would have taken Sharkey off for Ricardo/Barnes but due to the shift he'd put in not because he was playing bad but we both know that had Marc come off the MDT would have exploded into wwwwwots he doing Sharkeys been our best player, least he's putting in a shift etc etc over looking the fact its because of just that reason he would have come off for..
He probably kept him on out of a bit of respect for how he was doing & the example he was giving to the rest of the team :dunno:

Edit i went Ricardo 4 Sharkey because if he went Barnes 4 Sharkey & pushed Lookman over to the right again we know he would have got pelters for moving Lookman over

....just to clarify, are you saying that Rodgers is managing in fear of supporters reactions!!!

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

....just to clarify, are you saying that Rodgers is managing in fear of supporters reactions!!!

No i'm saying remember what this game was about (yes 3pts) but after the Forest game & what ever went on behind closed doors it was about showing some fight, showing that they still cared & rewarding those that wanted it & Sharkey epitomised that which then feeds into the rest of the team & shoots of confidence start to grow.

Man management is not for everyone.

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The only thing I would say is Lookman has struggled when he has been on the right.

.....he would have provided just as much support to the defence as a exhausted Albrighton!!!

Rodgers will play Lookman on the right in the next game, it is not as if for that short period of time he was unable to cope.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

People forget mate. Sounds stupid but it's true.

Applies to managers and players, people forget how bad/good they were.

I had someone behind me at Forest on Sunday shout for Shakespeare back as manager. Even if he was joking it made me laugh as he was a shit manager and would have taken us down.

Crazy huh, surely he was joking! Shakey is an archetypal no.2 and always will be, he was way out of his depth managing before Puel came in....had he not done so then I think we woulddefinitely have gone down that season....

7 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

No i'm saying remember what this game was about (yes 3pts) but after the Forest game & what ever went on behind closed doors it was about showing some fight, showing that they still cared & rewarding those that wanted it & Sharkey epitomised that which then feeds into the rest of the team & shoots of confidence start to grow.

Man management is not for everyone.

....it is strange that in a polite conversation, you sink so low to attempt to patronise a poster, in order to supposedly get your point across!!!

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it is strange that in a polite conversation, you sink so low to attempt to patronise a poster, in order to supposedly get your point across!!!

i think you know where you were going but hey as i've previously said i'm secure enough to put my hands up if i offended i apologise. 

I don’t really see the point of sacking him now. Who are we going to get that is better? I still think he’s got enough money in the bank from the past two seasons to see out the rest of this season. I don’t think we’re in any danger of being dragged into a relegation battle. Let’s just get to 40 points and write it off as a bad season.

• Like 1