Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 minutes ago, Joefox said:

I don’t really see the point of sacking him now. Who are we going to get that is better? I still think he’s got enough money in the bank from the past two seasons to see out the rest of this season. I don’t think we’re in any danger of being dragged into a relegation battle. Let’s just get to 40 points and write it off as a bad season.

Pretty much anyone could do a better job than him in the short term. Even Stowell would get them playing better.

They still have the conference league to play for and we’ve got no chance in that with Rodgers in charge. I wouldn’t be so sure about not being dragged into a relegation battle either. I just can’t see where the wins are coming from.

I don’t understand this line of thinking of letting him stay until the end of the season.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Pretty much anyone could do a better job than him in the short term. Even Stowell would get them playing better.

They still have the conference league to play for and we’ve got no chance in that with Rodgers in charge. I wouldn’t be so sure about not being dragged into a relegation battle either. I just can’t see where the wins are coming from.

I don’t understand this line of thinking of letting him stay until the end of the season.

....i believe @Joe Foxmeans he gets the next or at least starts the next season with a rebuild!!!

There is no point waiting until the end of the season, the cost for us will be the same, any more extension i.e the end of the Summer Window, the cost will be a lot more.

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....i believe @Joe Foxmeans he gets the next or at least starts the next season with a rebuild!!!

There is no point waiting until the end of the season, the cost for us will be the same, any more extension i.e the end of the Summer Window, the cost will be a lot more.

This is why I want him gone now. I don’t want him anywhere near the squad rebuild.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Gerard said:

There's the truth from the game last night. We should have lost by four and no response to being a goal down. There were no positives from last night.

Exactly. Very sad and equally sad too that some buy the BS pedalled by Rodgers. We were piss poor. 

• Like 1

Top will be reluctant to sack him yet. The financial hit will be pretty big for a club like us. We are not going to get relegated and staying in the PL is of primary importance. Its been a disappointing season for sure but every club has them. The contract he obtained puts Rodgers in the same position as a lot of our players in that few other clubs will offer him so much. If he manages to get some decent results before the end of the season ,he could be offered a similarly well paid job and move on but the problem is a lot would then be saying perhaps he should stay. We have to ask ourselves , even if we stage a recovery in form do we still want him to go?

Can I ask a question

if we miraculously get our mojo back and finish 8th/9th and get knocked out (unluckily) in the semis of the ECL by Marseille, will the Brendan out camp still be Brendan out? 

I ask because I wonder if his natural arrogance has set many against him and once any bond is broken it can’t be mended ??.

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can I ask a question

if we miraculously get our mojo back and finish 8th/9th and get knocked out (unluckily) in the semis of the ECL by Marseille, will the Brendan out camp still be Brendan out? 

I ask because I wonder if his natural arrogance has set many against him and once any bond is broken it can’t be mended ??.

I’d still want him gone. I’ve never really took to him anyway.

There’s not a chance of the scenario you mention happening though, so it doesn’t really matter.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can I ask a question

I'd possibly be willing to put my huge reservations on how iffy his record is at rebuilding clubs as long as Congerton is replaced with a recruitment director the club appoint and not a Brendan man. I'd like to see clear evidence the injury problems are improving too.

• Like 2

Never known our fan base so divided on a manager, seems like posters are turning on each other on a daily basis! I just think everyone’s got an opinion and that’s the whole point in a forum, no one’s right or wrong and we all support the same team when all said and done, hate to see people getting stick for voicing there thoughts 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can I ask a question

If it is combined with a genuine change in attitude and set-up then I'd be willing to see what he might offer going forward.

What I don't want is the quality players still bailing us out, getting to the barest minimum level for this squad which is top half and Rodgers replaces good players and a similar churn out next year.

I just think him being the big man and "in control" could see us lose some key players when it isn't needed.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can I ask a question

Call me entitled or whatever bla bla bla but 8th or 9th still isn’t really good enough. The European campaign so far has been nothing short of shameful, I’m still not over the fact we didn’t come out of the group. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can I ask a question

I just think we need a refresh of everything tbh.  I’m just getting bored of Rodgers and his mentality & tactics. This season has been so poor. I’ve never felt so disconnected from the club in a long time. It’s whether it’s more affordable to change the manager, rather then replace multiple players (yes i understand Youri leaving is inevitable). 

Edited by Chloe_77
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

If it is combined with a genuine change in attitude and set-up then I'd be willing to see what he might offer going forward.

What I don't want is the quality players still bailing us out, getting to the barest minimum level for this squad which is top half and Rodgers replaces good players and a similar churn out next year.

I just think him being the big man and "in control" could see us lose some key players when it isn't needed.

Agree with this 100%. 

If we scrape by playing the same old uninspired football, leaking goals and only do so by the individual brilliance of some then no, we need to freshen up. 

But....

If he genuinely seems to find a system that works and the players buy into again and we kick on as a team then it would be hard to argue against keeping him. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can I ask a question

Yep

I’m so entrenched in the ‘Out’ camp, due to a combination of every single fault he has. A 5-0 win last night wouldn’t change my opinion on him. He just needs to go 

• Like 1

Does Brentford´s legendry scouting analysis computer program have a ´Deadwood´ alert function?  If so, screw a new Head of Scouting/Recruitment and pick up a copy of this software off Amazon.

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can I ask a question

no, its 3 and a half years he's come to the end of his cycle as manager here

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can I ask a question

It's like this: I want Leicester City to do well and I don't mind who the manager is.  If Brendan turns it around, then great.  I just don't have confidence that he can do it from where we're at.

• Like 4

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

People have had enough 

We can’t keep kicking the can down the road. 

He can’t turn this around

The squads financial value and morale is clearly diminishing under Rodgers. 

He can’t turn this around. No chance. This blind faith that some (and the owners it seems) inexplicably still have will see us decline further.

I said last month that this period of from September- present day is one that in 5-10 years time we’ll look back on and say that it made us or broke us. If we’re a Championship club in 2027 it’ll be because we clung on to Rodgers in some sort of strange belief we shouldn’t sack him because he won us the FA Cup

God forbid if we are a Championship Club in 2027 because with the loans we have out we’ll struggle to exist. I think the board need to remember that over the next few weeks if things dont turn around because we are in real danger of being dragged into a relegation scrap.

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

People have had enough 

We can’t keep kicking the can down the road. 

He can’t turn this around

The squads financial value and morale is clearly diminishing under Rodgers. 

He can’t turn this around. No chance. This blind faith that some (and the owners it seems) inexplicably still have will see us decline further.

I said last month that this period of from September- present day is one that in 5-10 years time we’ll look back on and say that it made us or broke us. If we’re a Championship club in 2027 it’ll be because we clung on to Rodgers in some sort of strange belief we shouldn’t sack him because he won us the FA Cup

But the opposing view is also without certainty, and I find that highlighted bit a little disrespectful of our owners who clearly are not afraid to act if they feel it’s required.

I would be shocked if he went during these next few challenging games and/or before further key players are back, but you never know!  (Keep crossing your fingers lol )