Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Unabomber said:

It’s weird how he’s never had that unanimous rapport with the fans like Pearson did and to a lesser extent Ranieri and O’Neil. 

Don’t find it weird at all. Never found him remotely likeable or humble and slightly false, but I also recognise that’s my problem, not his.

• Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

this is why I asked the question. There is something about him on a basic human level which isn’t likeable to many ….whether it’s just arrogance I don’t know but I do get that some simply can’t empathise with him and hence when it goes awry, it really goes quickly for them …

I think he just seems like a character and it is all an act. 

12 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

People have had enough 

We can’t keep kicking the can down the road. 

He can’t turn this around

The squads financial value and morale is clearly diminishing under Rodgers. 

He can’t turn this around. No chance. This blind faith that some (and the owners it seems) inexplicably still have will see us decline further.

I said last month that this period of from September- present day is one that in 5-10 years time we’ll look back on and say that it made us or broke us. If we’re a Championship club in 2027 it’ll be because we clung on to Rodgers in some sort of strange belief we shouldn’t sack him because he won us the FA Cup

I think we can trust the judgement of the owners, they have been pretty good at knowing when to pull the trigger on a manager.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

I think he just seems like a character and it is all an act. 

I could actually see him saying “Managing a football team is like making love to a beautiful women” in true Swiss Tony style. lol

(sorry Brendan)

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah weird is the wrong word I don’t have any connection with him either even though on the whole he has been successful here and won our first fa cup. I just think he cares about himself only and we are just a thing that he can use to boost himself. The other managers I mentioned I believe genuinely cared about the club and had a connection with the fans.

I’m with you, I just don’t find him genuine at all and comes across like it’s all about him, if we’re all thinking this then imagine what the players must feel working with him daily! 

6 minutes ago, Dames said:

God forbid if we are a Championship Club in 2027 because with the loans we have out we’ll struggle to exist. I think the board need to remember that over the next few weeks if things dont turn around because we are in real danger of being dragged into a relegation scrap.

Well this is the bigger picture isn’t it

My mate called me short sighted wanting Rodgers out. But it’s anything but that. We could all stomach a crap season if it was a flash in the pan. 

I certainly don’t think it is. Are we going to replace players we currently have with better ones than Youri, Wilf, Vardy (a rarity I know) No. absolutely not, not on our current “form” 

We’re 100% on a trajectory of relegation scraps in the forthcoming years unless Rodgers goes now

15 minutes ago, sammy82 said:

I’m with you, I just don’t find him genuine at all and comes across like it’s all about him, if we’re all thinking this then imagine what the players must feel working with him daily! 

But that seems to be band wagon everyone has jumped on its purely a personal perception of him none of us know him as for players thinking they all and past speak very highly of him, I know what else are they going to say, but again that’s an internal perception it could be Bolloxs but it could also be genuine and he’s actually a top guy.

How many people love the arrogance of Klopp, Jose and the likes, Jose especially he was put on a pedestal I personally thought he was a right Richard. 

2 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

But that seems to be band wagon everyone has jumped on its purely a personal perception of him none of us know him as for players thinking they all and past speak very highly of him, I know what else are they going to say, but again that’s an internal perception it could be Bolloxs but it could also be genuine and he’s actually a top guy.

How many people love the arrogance of Klopp, Jose and the likes, Jose especially he was put on a pedestal I personally thought he was a right Richard. 

Fair point mate, I’d love it all to work out but I personally just can’t seem to take to him

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

People have had enough 

He can’t turn this around. No chance. This blind faith that some (and the owners it seems) inexplicably still have will see us decline further.

I said last month that this period of from September- present day is one that in 5-10 years time we’ll look back on and say that it made us or broke us. If we’re a Championship club in 2027 it’ll be because we clung on to Rodgers in some sort of strange belief we shouldn’t sack him because he won us the FA Cup

Lose the next 3  games and we could be in a serious relegation fight, championship beckons

48 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

People have had enough 

We won't be in the Championship, the owners gave Ranieri as long as they could, Rogers has earned the chance to turn it around, I don't believe he will but i'd give him our next 4 league games, the Burnley and Leeds games are massive, if we haven't got at least 6 points from the next 12, i'd pull the trigger after Leeds leaving 13 games basically a third of a season to find a better solution.

Sure we'll be able to sell Amertey and Ndidi as world class center defenders. What say you 160 million for the pair? :fishing:

Edited by SO1

23 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Talking about ‘massive’ games against Burnley and Leeds in the context you are shows how far we’ve fallen. It’s unbelievable when you look at this squad, and where we were to where we are now. There’s only one person to blame.

There’s only 1 person to blame you mean the person that put us up there in the 1st place right?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Talking about ‘massive’ games against Burnley and Leeds in the context you are shows how far we’ve fallen. It’s unbelievable when you look at this squad, and where we were to where we are now. There’s only one person to blame.

Sorry but this squad is not as good as you are making out, not even close, doubly so during the injury situation. We just don’t have the requisite depth.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Mate the squad ain’t that good

1 hour ago, Dames said:

God forbid if we are a Championship Club in 2027 because with the loans we have out we’ll struggle to exist. I think the board need to remember that over the next few weeks if things dont turn around because we are in real danger of being dragged into a relegation scrap.

Well there answers your musings, they'll no way risk it. They won't even let it get to the point where we're close to the bottom 3 and there's a risk that even a new manager won't pick them up as its too late. He's possibly a week 10 days from the sack.

26 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

it's been a very steep rise, and the league is so competitive, BR said there are 10 or 11 teams that go into the season thinking about CL qualification. You need to be keep refreshing the squad, an if you 10% of it, it can be the difference between 4th and 10th.We have just stood still and the likes of Aston Villa, Wolves, and West ham who were already sniffing around, have just overtook us. This season is still salvageable but it won't be if the next 6 games go badly. I worry about games like Burnley and Leeds even when we were doing better.

Guest StevieLynex
6 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Mate the squad ain’t that good

We didn't think that before the season started. Always remember the Villareal friendly(before Fofana's injury) and thinking we were serious challengers for the top four. How things have changed in six months

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Well there answers your musings, they'll no way risk it. They won't even let it get to the point where we're close to the bottom 3 and there's a risk that even a new manager won't pick them up as its too late. He's possibly a week 10 days from the sack.

I think hes got 3 weeks, that's the point where a new manager still has enough time to turn it around, an where Rogers himself is given enough time also to turn it around.

Guest StevieLynex
13 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I think hes got 3 weeks, that's the point where a new manager still has enough time to turn it around, an where Rogers himself is given enough time also to turn it around.

He'll be gone when we lose to Wham. No point in staying with the Captain of the Titanic

Edited by StevieLynex

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Really is toxic in here. :(

That's the nature of football when the end product clearly isn't matching the sum of the parts.

Everyone has their own idea of where the fault lies. Injuries, individual players, lack of leadership or in this instance a little bit of all of those combined with a large dollop of dreary ineffectual management and an unwillingness to admit that he maybe needs to change tact.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

We didn't think that before the season started. Always remember the Villareal friendly(before Fofana's injury) and thinking we were serious challengers for the top four. How things have changed in six months

I struggle to believe that the loss of fofana has resulted in our struggles. Yes there’s knock effects but we simply haven’t played that way since the Villarreal game, we looked very good that night and I was excited for the season.