Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

31 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry but this squad is not as good as you are making out, not even close, doubly so during the injury situation. We just don’t have the requisite depth.

28 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Mate the squad ain’t that good

The squad IS that good. The likes of Vestergaard aren’t, no. But the squad is one of the strongest we’ve had in years I think. 

It’s just been woefully mismanaged by Rodgers, who’s covering his arse slagging them off and seemingly brainwashing some into thinking they’re not that good.

Of course injuries have hampered us to say the least, but I lay a lot of that at Rodgers’ door too- training frequency/intensity and a somewhat ageing squad too

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

The squad IS that good. The likes of Vestergaard aren’t, no. But the squad is one of the strongest we’ve had in years I think. 

It’s just been woefully mismanaged by Rodgers, who’s covering his arse slagging them off and seemingly brainwashing some into thinking they’re not that good.

Of course injuries have hampered us to say the least, but I lay a lot of that at Rodgers’ door too- training frequency/intensity and a somewhat ageing squad too

I want him out but we over achieved the last few seasons with this squad that’s for sure. Under a great manager where would this available team finish this season? I would be shocked if anyone got them top 6

38 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

There’s only 1 person to blame you mean the person that put us up there in the 1st place right?

Obviously 

So we should hang on to him because of what he’s achieved in the past, despite his history of managing other clubs show that this entire season isn’t merely a blip? 

7 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

Must… revert… back to… FA….. cup…..

Yeah because it’s the only time in our history we’ve ever won it? The point raised was we were shit with Fofana - but we finished last season in the European places and with the FA  cup - I thought last season was a huge success overall. 

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Again, I don’t think it is ‘for sure’

It was Rodgers’ remit to break into the Top 6 and to win a trophy. He’s done just that. 

Top doesn’t plough £100m into a new training ground to accept ‘overacievemt’ He wants this to be the new norm. It might be difficult for some of us fans to think that’s plausible given where we were in 2008, but this is what’s so good about Top and Vichai before him.

Would you take Pearson back over Rodgers 

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
7 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Didn't the captain of the Titanic go down with the ship though?

We need to change the Captain before we sink

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Yep, rumour has it, as it sank,  he was busy reading scouting reports he'd got in Southampton just days before.

Built in Belfast, sailed from Southampton....

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Would you take Pearson back over Rodgers 

No.

I don’t want either.

Though I think Pearson is a heck of an all round better guy, and the most relatable to too. I’d never say a bad word about Sir Nige.

Ultimately, we’ve moved on though. In just the same way we should’ve binned Rodgers off in around October time when (for me) the writing was on the wall. We could’ve possibly upgraded him then, really making a statement of intent of the clubs ambitions in the forthcoming years.

It speaks volumes in how far we’ve fallen this last six months that Nige is even being mentioned as a shout for the next manager. 

18 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

I struggle to believe that the loss of fofana has resulted in our struggles. Yes there’s knock effects but we simply haven’t played that way since the Villarreal game, we looked very good that night and I was excited for the season. 

It is the knock in effect though, this resulted in a panic buy of Vestergaard, then playing him before he was ready. The inability to drop/rest Soyuncu because Evans and Fofana were out.

Adding Fofana’s injury to that of Evans, Ricardo, Castagne and Justin has meant in an inability to play even our second choice back 4 some games and no consistency in the back line, no partnerships built up. 
There’s no doubt if we have our strongest XI on the pitch we match anyone in this league. We haven’t seen anywhere near close to it this season and the squad behind the injuries is not nearly as good as some think it is.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Obviously 

So we should hang on to him because of what he’s achieved in the past, despite his history of managing other clubs show that this entire season isn’t merely a blip? 

No I’m going to say we should give arguable the best manager we have had sometime to see if he can turn it around as it was him that put us there and could do it again.

History schmistory and I’m not into voodoo either the big man upstairs doesn’t say right it’s been 3yrs time to fall apart & go, I’m sure the future doesn’t work like that 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

No.

I don’t want either.

Though I think Pearson is a heck of an all round better guy, and the most relatable to too. I’d never say a bad word about Sir Nige.

Ultimately, we’ve moved on though. In just the same way we should’ve binned Rodgers off in around October time when (for me) the writing was on the wall. We could’ve possibly upgraded him then, really making a statement of intent of the clubs ambitions in the forthcoming years.

It speaks volumes in how far we’ve fallen this last six months that Nige is even being mentioned as a shout for the next manager. 

I meant if you had to chose between the 2

6 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

No I’m going to say we should give arguable the best manager we have had sometime to see if he can turn it around as it was him that put us there and could do it again.

History schmistory and I’m not into voodoo either the big man upstairs doesn’t say right it’s been 3yrs time to fall apart & go, I’m sure the future doesn’t work like that 

He’s had 4-6 months to turn it around 😂 How much time does he need? 

Many of us have been realising we’re shite under Rodgers for 12 months or so, but I’ll let you have the 6.

So managerial positions in any walk of life don’t go stale no? 

Rodgers isn’t well known for having an immediate impact on his new club, before fcuking things up the longer he’s in charge? 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 2

Just now, Unabomber said:

I meant if you had to chose between the 2

If I had to choose between the two right now I’d definitely have Pearson over Rodgers to get immediate results. In the same way I’d have my old football manager over Rodgers too.

ANY manager other than Rodgers would be able to turn this dross around with immediate effect. Rodgers hasn’t been able to do it in months. 

Obviously before anyone jumps down my throat, Pearson would most definitely not be a long term solution, but this wasn’t what you were asking 

Just now, Spiritwalker said:

I’ve just checked the relegation odds and we’re not even listed, Brighton were the last team listed at 150-1.

Maybe we’re panicking unnecessarily.

Very much like we weren't listed as not finishing in the top 4 the last 2 seasons with 9-15 point leads on 5th place. If there's one team who could do it it's us.

• Like 3

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

If I had to choose between the two right now I’d definitely have Pearson over Rodgers to get immediate results. In the same way I’d have my old football manager over Rodgers too.

ANY manager other than Rodgers would be able to turn this dross around with immediate effect. Rodgers hasn’t been able to do it in months. 

Obviously before anyone jumps down my throat, Pearson would most definitely not be a long term solution, but this wasn’t what you were asking 

I would say he is a long term solution 

3 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

He’s had 4-6 months to turn it around 😂 How much time does he need? 

The time he needs is with his starting match day squad.

Honestly I would join the choir if we were sat doing what we are doing with that starting squad but we are not and therefore I will give him some leeway.

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

Well in that case, it’s a little wonder you think we’re currently overachieving if Sir Nige is the level you think we’re currently at.

What you on about in agreeing with you. Imagine Pearson with this squad 

• Haha 1