Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

The time he needs is with his starting match day squad.

Honestly I would join the choir if we were sat doing what we are doing with that starting squad but we are not and therefore I will give him some leeway.

He doesn’t know his starting match day 11 when we have everyone available. That’s one of his big issues

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1

I think we have a squad who need to have the utmost respect in the manager. Puel never had that and Rodgers had that in abundance when he arrived. But it's almost as if the veil comes down on Rodgers and he goes from this World Class manager that all pundits love to a clueless David Brent. There really is a fine line between genius and stupidity. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah not too bad thanks. Would be better if Pearson was in charge but I am dealing with it 

Let it go mate. He was fantastic but he’s had his time here. Look to the future and move forward with fresh ideas.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Well there answers your musings, they'll no way risk it. They won't even let it get to the point where we're close to the bottom 3 and there's a risk that even a new manager won't pick them up as its too late. He's possibly a week 10 days from the sack.

Yeah I think you’re right. Anything less than a point against West Ham and I think serious questions will start to be asked. 

Guest StevieLynex
26 minutes ago, Collymore said:

...and the press thought it was unsinkable. 

Passengers on the Titanic:

Maria Josefa Perez

Frederick Barnes

Franz Kasper

Thomas Topp

Wilfred Platt

3 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Do people actually think we will go down? I'm Rodgers out because the football we play is turgid & our defense is a joke,  but there are still at least 5 teams in the league worse than us imo

Agree.

Lets not have people wanting Rodgers gone to be dismissed as nutters as we all think we’re going down. 
We want him gone because we’re now shit under him, he’s lost his way and cannot turn this around 

1 hour ago, Spiritwalker said:

I’ve just checked the relegation odds and we’re not even listed, Brighton were the last team listed at 150-1.

Maybe we’re panicking unnecessarily

We can start worrying when the odds get to 5000-1. :D

Edited by deep blue
Clarification

image.png.2e68d9ff0ee66f3a60023dc7eb02ed7c.png

Nine months on, the Northern Irishman is now publicly slamming players, sees his side 12th in the table with seven wins all season and the bookies’ favourite to be the next Premier League manager sacked.

Sunday’s embarrassing 4-1 defeat at rivals Nottingham Forest relinquished their hold on the FA Cup in pathetic fashion.

Somehow, somehow, it superseded the mind-boggling way City managed to lose to Tottenham 18 days earlier despite leading with nine seconds left.

Those crazy moments had zero game management, zero defensive understanding and meant zero points.

Sunday was worse, the lowest moment of Rodgers' three-year reign - this time there was no fight, no leadership, no positives

Edited by erlee

44 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Do people actually think we will go down? I'm Rodgers out because the football we play is turgid & our defense is a joke,  but there are still at least 5 teams in the league worse than us imo

Not impossible, but very improbable.

12 point and we have 38 points, in the last 7 years only one time has gone down with more then 35 points and that was Newcastle in 14/15

9 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

That's all been fair but let me ask you, WHY do you think its just on Rodgers, WHY don't you think there is more involved? Or is it as simple as the buck stops with him?

He's the manager, he's responsible for the performances, especially when there is a marked trend over 18 months.

6 hours ago, Corky said:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/brendan-rodgers-leicester-sack-liverpool-26204462

Nicked from the Do they mean us? thread but felt it belonged here, too.

A totally balanced and fair summary from somebody who "isn't a Rodgers apologist".

That article is standard 'little old Leicester' media faire. The problem is, we're the ones who are watching every minute of every match, and it's the nature of the performances which is making people want Rodgers out, not the results themselves. This is what none of the pundits pickup; that the play has been dirge for 12 months now, injuries or not.

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

The time he needs is with his starting match day squad.

Honestly I would join the choir if we were sat doing what we are doing with that starting squad but we are not and therefore I will give him some leeway.

Fofana hasn't been part of the match day squad all season, and Evan has been injured since last season and out for much of this. It's gone on too long and adjustments should have been made to the tactics, you can't play an entire season of dross and say 'oh well, we didn't have 19 year old Fofana available'

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Fofana hasn't been part of the match day squad all season, and Evan has been injured since last season and out for much of this. It's gone on too long and adjustments should have been made to the tactics, you can't play an entire season of dross and say 'oh well, we didn't have 19 year old Fofana available'

It’s late so I’m just going to say he’s had to play Hamza Choudhry as a CB

3 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

We really shouldn't as we only need 12 points BUT imo we genuinely have the worst defence in the entire league. It concedes an average of 2 goals a game and is almost unbelievably vulnerable from corners and if that continues its going to get very worrisome very soon. I think ditching the abysmal Soyuncu should help matters slightly but wel have to wait and see how that plays out if indeed he does stay on the bench.

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

It’s late so I’m just going to say he’s had to play Hamza Choudhry as a CB

Because he spent 15 million on Vestergaard and then turned round and said oh well the plan was not to play him and now he can’t even pick him. Brain dead Rodgers? 

• Like 3

Why in the world would anyone feel sorry for Rodgers?  He’s on ten million per with a team playing at relegation level (though still safe).  He’s being hoist by his own petard, with the same shortcomings that doomed him at Liverpool sinking him here.  No one wishes him ill, but feeling sorry for the guy is pretty generous.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 4