Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Gubbins said:

We really shouldn't as we only need 12 points BUT imo we genuinely have the worst defence in the entire league. It concedes an average of 2 goals a game and is almost unbelievably vulnerable from corners and if that continues its going to get very worrisome very soon. I think ditching the abysmal Soyuncu should help matters slightly but wel have to wait and see how that plays out if indeed he does stay on the bench.

He's become abysmal. Why is that? I see no reason why he shouldn't become a decent defender again.

We won't go down but I wouldn't be shocked if we become a part of the discussion, which is a disgrace in itself.

This thread's confirmed a lot of the things I've thought. I've never quite been able to take to him, not saying I thought he was rubbish (and don't still) but there's always been something that's prevented him ever being that popular and I can only conclude it is just his constant self-preservation. Even more infuriating is the level of the media buy in. Just wait for the backlash if we actually sack him, it'll be worse than Ranieri.

I want him out because what he's done in terms of recruitment and the general trajectory in the last year counts more for what's likely to happen going forward than winning the FA Cup. I'm not going to sit there and egg us onto buying ourselves out of success. Hopefully Top isn't either.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Why in the world would anyone feel sorry for Rodgers?  He’s on ten million per with a team playing at relegation level (though still safe).  He’s being hoist by his own petard, with the same shortcomings that doomed him at Liverpool sinking him here.  No one wishes him ill, but feeling sorry for the guy is pretty generous.

At relegation level (though still safe). Makes no sense at all!

How can you be at relegation level though still safe?

We've hardly been in the bottom half all season and we’re only there now because all of the teams directly above us have played more games.

We’ve had some shockers this season but let’s stop talking about relegation - we are nowhere near. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Cast your mind back to March 2001 in the Peter Taylor era. Lost at home to Wycombe in the FA Cup QF and followed that result with 8 straight PL defeats. That was relegation level but we had accumulated enough points prior to that to keep us safe.

The inevitable happened the following season. :(

Harrowing memories :cry:

13 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Cast your mind back to March 2001 in the Peter Taylor era. Lost at home to Wycombe in the FA Cup QF and followed that result with 8 straight PL defeats. That was relegation level but we had accumulated enough points prior to that to keep us safe.

Awful memories, but these two situations are miles  apart.

BR goes in the summer anyway..

We were crying out for a CB in January.. had plenty of replies on here saying we didn’t..

I think the fact Wilf played CB Thursday tells you…….. We needed a CB

were going to fall way behind the Villa,Wolves, West Hams…. And over the next 2/3 seasons, where we are now in the table will be about right..

Guest StevieLynex
12 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

I’ve just checked the relegation odds and we’re not even listed, Brighton were the last team listed at 150-1.

Maybe we’re panicking unnecessarily.

If we are 5,000-1, no need to worry, it won't happen trust me

11 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

Do people actually think we will go down? I'm Rodgers out because the football we play is turgid & our defense is a joke,  but there are still at least 5 teams in the league worse than us imo

I think we'll be safe but I honestly can't see us being far away. Lose to WHU and Wolves and we'll be starting to get close (within 5/6 points or so)  I'm praying we can beat Burnley in 3 weeks just to get some points on the board. It's the performances that worry me the most, we don't even look like winning games, and we need to score 2 goals a game just to stand a chance of getting a point, 3 if we want a chance of 3 points.

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Awful memories, but these two situations are miles  apart.

I think there are worrying similarities.  And, like the Peter Taylor scenario, we probably have too many points to be in trouble this season, but it's if our form drags onto next season that we need to worry.  The thing is ... does it look like Rodgers is capable of turning it round by the time we enter next season?  Given his inability to learn and the potential input he will have into our summer "refresh" (and his record at his previous clubs),  I have no confidence whatsoever that he will.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I think there are worrying similarities.  And, like the Peter Taylor scenario, we probably have too many points to be in trouble this season, but it's if our form drags onto next season that we need to worry.  The thing is ... does it look like Rodgers is capable of turning it round by the time we enter next season?  Given his inability to learn and the potential input he will have into our summer "refresh" (and his record at his previous clubs),  I have no confidence whatsoever that he will.

Not really any similarities at all between the two, Taylor lost the dressing room very early in his tenure. Sold all of our best players and replaced them with absolute crap.

Brendan Rogers has improved us every season he has been with us. He has turned it around before and I have every confidence he will do so again.

His record at previous clubs, do you mean Celtic where he won everything every season he was there? Ans they carried on winning the season he left mid year, before falling apart the next season?

Or Liverpool who he inherited a terrible team who hasn’t finished top 4 in the few season before he arrived built then into a team that was a slip away from winning the league?

Yes he has us faults, yes he makes mistakes, but so will anyone we are big enough to attract. There is a lot of overblown hysteria on here at the moment as it’s the first season we haven’t moved forwards in about 10 years, but there are still lots of positives about he club and BR is a key part of that.

2 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

A home win against Randers saves him and gets everyone backing him again?

Given we're not likely to get relegated this season, I think he'll be given Europe as one last chance saloon. If we get knocked out, he's done.

21 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

A home win against Randers saves him and gets everyone backing him again?

Randers is no-win for Rodgers, we win and we progress in a competition we don’t want to be in against opponents who’ve come in cold and losing would be a Legia-level embarrassment.

43 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Not really any similarities at all between the two, Taylor lost the dressing room very early in his tenure. Sold all of our best players and replaced them with absolute crap.

Brendan Rogers has improved us every season he has been with us. He has turned it around before and I have every confidence he will do so again.

His record at previous clubs, do you mean Celtic where he won everything every season he was there? Ans they carried on winning the season he left mid year, before falling apart the next season?

Or Liverpool who he inherited a terrible team who hasn’t finished top 4 in the few season before he arrived built then into a team that was a slip away from winning the league?

Yes he has us faults, yes he makes mistakes, but so will anyone we are big enough to attract. There is a lot of overblown hysteria on here at the moment as it’s the first season we haven’t moved forwards in about 10 years, but there are still lots of positives about he club and BR is a key part of that.

Including this season? 

That’s not difficult to do when even Rangers weren’t a force.

What happened the season after that slip? 

Third season syndrome again. Brendan Bottlejob.

06536BB7-E81C-4EC3-93B5-551F953DAB18.png

5CFF9C96-CE6F-4D13-8D61-BEB179A5FEEF.png

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Including this season? 

That’s not difficult to do when even Rangers weren’t a force.

What happened the season after that slip? 

Third season syndrome again. Brendan Bottlejob.

06536BB7-E81C-4EC3-93B5-551F953DAB18.png

5CFF9C96-CE6F-4D13-8D61-BEB179A5FEEF.png

I keep repeating that point but people don’t want to know 😂 he only won so much because they weren’t there… he even drew against the Graeme Murty Rangers ffs 😂😂

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, lcfceaves said:

I keep repeating that point but people don’t want to know 😂 he only won so much because they weren’t there… he even drew against the Graeme Murty Rangers ffs 😂😂

It’s unbelievable isn’t it

Starting to think the only people backing Rodgers still are the ignorant 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It’s unbelievable isn’t it

Starting to think the only people backing Rodgers still are the ignorant 

Thing is I never wanted him, but respect what he’s done. 

I just can’t be arsed with possession football anymore. Puel and Rodgers football have been very similar, Rodgers slightly more progressive and daring than Puel but it’s all the same in reality. Obsessed with keeping the ball rather than taking a risk. 

But yea going back to the point, he’s never won anything worth shouting about (before us) purely on the basis of the Scottish league being so weak at the time. 

Edited by lcfceaves
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

The first game of the following season was a 0-5 home defeat to the side promoted in the the play offs, on paper the weakest side in the league.

If anyone was still thinking the Wycombe defeat onwards was just a blip then think again.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Thing is I never wanted him, but respect what he’s done. 

I just can’t be arsed with possession football anymore. Puel and Rodgers football have been very similar, Rodgers slightly more progressive and daring than Puel but it’s all the same in reality. Obsessed with keeping the ball rather than taking a risk. 

But yea going back to the point, he’s never won anything worth shouting about (before us) purely on the basis of the Scottish league being so weak at the time. 

Out of interest, if we’ve too much possession,  what do you want? We’re only 10th highest for possession this season. There’s only West Ham with less possession who you’d want to swap places with (currently) but they’re very similar in terms of amount of possession. Wolves too are similar but we’ve scored nearly twice the amount of goals.

Stats from Who Scored.

30A645F3-185C-4243-95BA-F21173A4444A.jpeg

• Like 1